Blue Dragons Jr AKA Patrick Downey III

Blue Dragons Jr AKA Patrick Downey III  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Where do we think he lands for OTT?

1 minute ago, bnwtwg said:

No one was actually against Starocci until he mouthed off to JB and bumped to 86. That's the only universe where people cheer for a piece of trash like Downey.

Well first off it also shows that nobody, absolutely nobody, saw BDJ's last fight at 185lbs.  He looked soft, physically.  Very soft.  He also looked extremely out of shape.  His success when he was out rep was due to grit, athleticism, physicality, and a hellacious tank in comparison to the rest of the gents who participated at our trials that year.  He has none of that now.

His path the year he won didn't have anybody that was a contender any other year, before or after, though... so I think our sampling plan is very limited.

Add in that at Worlds he lost to a guy via Tech that lost the next round to Myles Amine and I really thing that shows you that most of his success was also due to who wasn't entered as much as it was that he won the matches required.  Also earlier at Pan Ams, he had a result against Torreblanca that was... less than stellar (in comparison to Amine as well).

image.png.874e710b242b17fd1d5057c573d5034b.png

image.png.1b9984e766a8786d5b06c98314ab3d16.png

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

1 hour ago, nhs67 said:

Well first off it also shows that nobody, absolutely nobody, saw BDJ's last fight at 185lbs.  He looked soft, physically.  Very soft.  He also looked extremely out of shape.  His success when he was out rep was due to grit, athleticism, physicality, and a hellacious tank in comparison to the rest of the gents who participated at our trials that year.  He has none of that now.

His path the year he won didn't have anybody that was a contender any other year, before or after, though... so I think our sampling plan is very limited.

Add in that at Worlds he lost to a guy via Tech that lost the next round to Myles Amine and I really thing that shows you that most of his success was also due to who wasn't entered as much as it was that he won the matches required.  Also earlier at Pan Ams, he had a result against Torreblanca that was... less than stellar (in comparison to Amine as well).

He was only the rep because Taylor lied to Nickal and Zahid. That was a real dick move on DT's part.

• Bob 2

i am an idiot on the internet

11 minutes ago, steamboat_charlie said:

Cael & Co. keeping Starocci's personality more or less under wraps for the better part of 5 years is nothing short of remarkable. 

Well Cael is the master.  Has any ever seen his personality?  

• Fire 1

2 hours ago, nhs67 said:

I saw the lowlights of it, but I didn’t realize it was at 185 lbs.  He looked kinda fat IIRC, so I guess he should be able to make 86kg then at least.  No clue if he’s gotten in any better shape since the fight, I’d guess not since he was even getting paid for that.

• Bob 1

1 hour ago, steamboat_charlie said:

Cael & Co. keeping Starocci's personality more or less under wraps for the better part of 5 years is nothing short of remarkable. 

Reminiscent of Mike Tomlin with Antonio Brown.  Impressive stuff.  

I think most of it is just for show business, but even if that's his real personality I will gladly take it over the rest of the vacation bible school cult of personality

• Fire 2

3 hours ago, bnwtwg said:

He was only the rep because Taylor lied to Nickal and Zahid. That was a real dick move on DT's part.

He didn't lie to Zahid.  He didn't say anything to Zahid.  Zahid is irrelevant to anything for that.

His coaches weren't honest to Nickal.  DT wasn't the only one in the know on that and if you think it was only him, you are wrong.  His coaches were also... Nickal's coaches?!  WHAAAAT!?

Nickal knows a considerable amount more about that situation than he has ever let on and most importantly, they have(had) the same coaches.

• Bob 1

3 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

He didn't lie to Zahid.  He didn't say anything to Zahid.  Zahid is irrelevant to anything for that.

His coaches weren't honest to Nickal.  DT wasn't the only one in the know on that and if you think it was only him, you are wrong.  His coaches were also... Nickal's coaches?!  WHAAAAT!?

Nickal knows a considerable amount more about that situation than he has ever let on and most importantly, they have(had) the same coaches.

Agree. If Nickal was upset about it he certainly isn’t holding a grudge.

23 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Zahid asked Taylor and that's why he stayed down at 79

3 hours ago, steamboat_charlie said:

What if it suddenly turns out Carter is actually closer to the Downey's and Ferrari's of the world than we had previously thought possible?  Maybe even worse?

4 hours ago, steamboat_charlie said:

Reminiscent of Mike Tomlin with Antonio Brown.  Impressive stuff.  

Wait, they kept Starocci’s personality under wraps? I must have missed that one.

2 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Exactly.

2 hours ago, gromit said:

Agree. If Nickal was upset about it he certainly isn’t holding a grudge.

Really?  What happened with Scrap Life?

2 hours ago, bnwtwg said:

Zahid asked Taylor and that's why he stayed down at 79

You act as if he has any sort of allegiance to him, though.  He doesn't.  Bo knew.

1 hour ago, nhs67 said:

You act as if he has any sort of allegiance to him, though.  He doesn't.  Bo knew.

Bo weighed in at 84 against Cox. If he knew that makes him a dumb dumb for costing himself a likely world medal just so he could prove that no one originally from NLWC could beat J'Den

am I the only one that was not aware that Pat was rather unreal in HS/when before he took his hiatus in college did not realize he qualified for the 2012 olympic trials and won a silver at u20's that year.

9 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

Bo weighed in at 84 against Cox. If he knew that makes him a dumb dumb for costing himself a likely world medal just so he could prove that no one originally from NLWC could beat J'Den

No he didn't.  He weighed in at 88.2 KG.

Besides the point and splitting hairs.

He knew.  No way every soul in State College did not know.  If 100 people knew, Bo was one of them.  If 1,000,000 knew, Bo was one of them.  If only one knew, it was Bo.

12 minutes ago, Truzzcat said:

am I the only one that was not aware that Pat was rather unreal in HS/when before he took his hiatus in college did not realize he qualified for the 2012 olympic trials and won a silver at u20's that year.

He didn't take a hiatus, he was kicked off teams (plural) because he us a wannabe thug.

1 hour ago, nhs67 said:

He didn't take a hiatus, he was kicked off teams (plural) because he us a wannabe thug.

I dont think there is much wannabe about Downey at all.  He pretty much qualifies in my book.