DT better be ready...

I just went back and watched this year's Brooks Hidlay final.

That was an absolute stomping.  The score doesn't show it, but that was the least competitive match they've had across the entirety of their series of matches against one another.  Hidlay couldn't move Brooks at all.

Brooks already looked like the bigger guy at WTT last year, I don't think anybody at 86kg is going to bring any sort of challenge to these two, and honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if we see a 2021 Tokyo JB/Dake-style dethroning this year.  It's not what anybody is expecting, but after watching that match again...I'm penciling that in as my most likely dark horse upset.  

• Fire 3

7 hours ago, wrestle87 said:

That was an absolute stomping.  The score doesn't show it, but that was the least competitive match they've had across the entirety of their series of matches against one another.  Hidlay couldn't move Brooks at all.

Brooks already looked like the bigger guy at WTT last year, I don't think anybody at 86kg is going to bring any sort of challenge to these two, and honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if we see a 2021 Tokyo JB/Dake-style dethroning this year.  It's not what anybody is expecting, but after watching that match again...I'm penciling that in as my most likely dark horse upset.  

Honestly, I don't think he does it.  While he looks a good amount thicker, he isn't bigger.  DT has a frame on him that is perfectly suited for 86 KG, hence one of the reasons he has absolutely dominated the entire planet for nearly half a decade.

Again, I don't think he does it.

On the off-chance that he does, I think DT leaves his shoes on the mat and embraces his student and good friend Brooks at the center of the mat, raising his (Brooks) hands in triumph.  They both win, if Brooks wins, and I think DT well understands that.

• Bob 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

Well I believe that Aaron is the heir apparent to 86, 92, or maybe even 97, but I think DT has his final Olympic appearance this year. 
But if Aaron does win the trials, it will be interesting to see him wrestle at the Olympics. 

12 hours ago, wrestle87 said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Wait are you being serious? I thought this was a 2/10 level troll job. Not even all 100% of Jesus could beat Taylor and tomorrow it is going to be revealed he isn't 100% because there's at least three holes in his game

• Haha 1
  • Jagger 1

i am an idiot on the internet

It's Taylor's to lose, but I could see him dropping at least the first match while shaking off some rust. He's only been competing at 1 international event in each of the last couple of years and is also getting a little long in the tooth. Even Burroughs was getting in some reps and competing during the last cycle.

• Bob 1

6 hours ago, nhs67 said:

On the off-chance that he does, I think DT leaves his shoes on the mat and embraces his student and good friend Brooks at the center of the mat, raising his (Brooks) hands in triumph.  They both win, if Brooks wins, and I think DT well understands that.

Ah yes, David Taylor.  Always most humble in victory and gracious in defeat. 🙄

• Bob 2
  • Brain 1
  • Fire 1
  • Haha 4
  • Jagger 1
  • Stalling 1
  • Duck 1

Taylor has spent most of his career figuring out how to not get beat by Yazdani's underhook. He will be well adjusted to how Brooks hand fights. 

But also, just no. Taylor has not taken a step back. Although Brooks is improving, you cannot say Taylor is going to lose unless you think Taylor is in decline.

Taylor at 2023 Worlds: r1)pin, r2)tech, quarters)tech, semis)pin, finals)pin 

• Bob 1

9 hours ago, bnwtwg said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Wait are you being serious? I thought this was a 2/10 level troll job. Not even all 100% of Jesus could beat Taylor and tomorrow it is going to be revealed he isn't 100% because there's at least three holes in his game

This might be the best post I've ever seen here.

"Three holes in his game", referring to Good Friday. I choked on icecream when I read that. First time I've seen genuine concern on the face of my 3 year old.

Edited by Le duke
  • Racing Family 1

13 hours ago, nhs67 said:

its no insult to taylor to point out that this is absolute nonsense.

• Brain 2

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

Just now, Hammerlock3 said:

its no insult to taylor to point out that this is absolute nonsense.

What about it is nonsense?

• Bob 1

8 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

What about it is nonsense?

1) that is not what would happen (meaning if he lost he wouldn't handle it like that). If taylor, who has made a circuitous but interesting argument that he is the best wrestler ever, loses he isn't going to shrug it off that easily. He'll be in a lot of pain for a long time.

2) Brooks is not his student. I doubt they've wrestled much in the last year letalone lately.

3) Raising you opponent's hand is a gross attempt to steal the spotlight for yourself, and its beneath taylor.

Remember when Taylor beat Nickal? It will look exactly like that except taylor will shake hands.

Edited by Hammerlock3
  • Bob 1

3 minutes ago, Hammerlock3 said:

1) that is not what would happen (meaning if he lost he wouldn't handle it like that). If taylor, who has made a circuitous but interesting argument that he is the best wrestler ever, loses he isn't going to shrug it off that easily. He'll be in a lot of pain for a long time.

2) Brooks is not his student. I doubt they've wrestled much in the last year letalone lately.

3) Raising you opponent's hand is a gross attempt to steal the spotlight for yourself, and its beneath taylor.

Remember when Taylor beat Nickal? It will look exactly like that except taylor will shake hands.

Well you're about as bright as a wet noodle there, bud.  (I joke, so don't get all hurt and shit)

All of your points are layered in ignorance, with all due respects.

First off, you ignored the first majority of the post.  I don't even think DT loses.

Second off, yes he would be upset with a loss.  Anyone in that scenario would be.  In the end, he would also be proud of his good friend, and student.

Third off, he (DT) has cited that he does and has trained with everyone in the room, sans Kerk because Kerk is a monster.

Lastly, if he loses?  I think the shoes are left on the mat.

Please keep in mind I prefaced much if this with a 'with all due respect' and I meant no disrespect.  You genuinely seem to want one of our GOATs to look like a douche his last time on a mat, though.  To believe these gents (DT, KD, Starocci) can't grow, which they have shown signs of such wisdom, is wrong.

7 minutes ago, Hammerlock3 said:

also Brooks has no chanve because he doesn't change levels as well as taylor.

We do agree here, if by 'no' you agree that it is ~5%.

Brooks still has to get through a rested Valencia too, gents.  Valencia will have one match to Brooks' three by the time they meet.  Then the winner gets a rested DT.

If Taylor drops a single match at OTT I am praying to every god in the multiverse that he takes it easy the next match. It will make the beatdown he put on Myles Martin look like he was just having funsies.

i am an idiot on the internet

24 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Well you're about as bright as a wet noodle there, bud.  (I joke, so don't get all hurt and shit)

All of your points are layered in ignorance, with all due respects.

First off, you ignored the first majority of the post.  I don't even think DT loses.

Second off, yes he would be upset with a loss.  Anyone in that scenario would be.  In the end, he would also be proud of his good friend, and student.

Third off, he (DT) has cited that he does and has trained with everyone in the room, sans Kerk because Kerk is a monster.

Lastly, if he loses?  I think the shoes are left on the mat.

Please keep in mind I prefaced much if this with a 'with all due respect' and I meant no disrespect.  You genuinely seem to want one of our GOATs to look like a douche his last time on a mat, though.  To believe these gents (DT, KD, Starocci) can't grow, which they have shown signs of such wisdom, is wrong.

everything about this post is disingenuous. I'll submit myself to the arbitration of the crowd.

• Duck 1

1 hour ago, Hammerlock3 said:

everything about this post is disingenuous. I'll submit myself to the arbitration of the crowd.

Nope.

I was sincere.  I could have been mean.  Words hurt, though, and I didn't want to be the one causing harm this fine evening.

My response was deliberate.  There was no pretending.

Screenshot_20240329_004546_Chrome.jpg

Edited by nhs67

11 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Nope.

I was sincere.  I could have been mean.  Words hurt, though, and I didn't want to be the one causing harm this fine evening.

My response was deliberate.  There was no pretending.

Screenshot_20240329_004546_Chrome.jpg

then you didn't read my post

1 minute ago, Hammerlock3 said:

then you didn't read my post

Yes I did.

Perhaps you didn't read your own post(s).

12 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Yes I did.

Perhaps you didn't read your own post(s).

i already said i'm content to let people read them and make their own call. not sure why you can't let it go.

Edited by Hammerlock3
  • Bob 1

Just now, Hammerlock3 said:

i already said i'm content to let people read them make their own call. not sure why you can't let it go.

Make a call on what?  You don't even know what you're talking about, man.

1 minute ago, Hammerlock3 said:

good luck

What?

Listen, bud.  I am not sure what you actually mean there.  You're all over the place... using words that don't mean what they mean and trying to project to 'the people' like you some messiah of sorts...  Come on, man.  When you say 'good luck' you could mean something like 'I hope your nephson trips and knocks his head on some sort of petrified watermelon' or something else entirely random.

Get with it, use words properly like a real human person, and try to speak (type) clearly and concisely.  Everything will be okay.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1