Hamiti to the portal.

What about Amos as well?

There were rumblings last year.  He apparently didn't appreciate the Burwikk situation.

• Bob 1
  • Fire 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

Just now, NorthCarolina said:

Bono needs to go. 

They have to hire someone who has a good relationship with the Askren bros and keep some of those kids in state. 

Or here is an idea. HIRE Ben Askren. He wanted the job when they decided to hire Bono. Rarely in life can you fix past mistakes, but the AD has a chance to fix it now by hiring Ben. I don't care about his "lack" of college coaching experience. This program needs some energy and excitement behind it and Ben would bring both.

• Bob 1

10 minutes ago, Disappointed_Badger_Fan said:

Or here is an idea. HIRE Ben Askren. He wanted the job when they decided to hire Bono. Rarely in life can you fix past mistakes, but the AD has a chance to fix it now by hiring Ben. I don't care about his "lack" of college coaching experience. This program needs some energy and excitement behind it and Ben would bring both.

I have one for you...

Do you think some of his AWA folks would consider heading their for the Grad season were he to go?  I am speaking specifically PK and KOT.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

2 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

I have one for you...

Do you think some of his AWA folks would consider heading their for the Grad season were he to go?  I am speaking specifically PK and KOT.

I mean I would think they might consider it, but the reality is even if they stay put the program literally can't get any worse so the AD took a chance when he hired a new football coach and I'm hoping he takes a chance with the wrestling coach. The AD is a wrestling guy so there is actual hope inside the state that he cares about the program, but it has been 5 years of Bono and the program is worse now than when he arrived. With an Askren hire I would hope we could get a couple transfers, but the real move would be to try getting the Mirasolas or Sinclair to flip their commitments and stay at UW

22 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Michigan has 5 grad transfers coming off the books...they have the bag for Hamiti.

yeah but they have to bride the local sheriffs in Sierra Leone to get them on world teams, thats not cheap.

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

I don't want to hear any more of this talk about Ben going to Wisconsin.  Smith is going to eventually retire at Miz and my ultimate dream is an Akren as head coach and KO on staff.  Please...please...please!

• Bob 2
  • Brain 1
  • Fire 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Gus said:

OK State would make sense. 

Gus, I think you've got something there and Okie State has some $$$$$ they can probably locate.  He would fit in, but would have to learn how to interpret Oklahoma dialect.  They talk funny down there, kinda like they talk in southern Missouri.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, The_KC_Godfather said:

Better yet, Hamiti to Mizzou to have a practice partner in Keegan.  Bump Keegan to 174, or drop Hamiti to 157.  Either way...win win.

Oh, I like the sound of that.  Probably won't happen as Smith would be loyal to a Tiger waiting in the wings.  I couldn't see Hamiti making 157.

1 minute ago, MidwestMan said:

Oh, I like the sound of that.  Probably won't happen as Smith would be loyal to a Tiger waiting in the wings.  I couldn't see Hamiti making 157.

Hamiti still has his apendix, both kidneys, a full head of hair, and all of his toes.  I think a good surgeon could get him down to 157

• Fire 1
  • Haha 3

14 minutes ago, The_KC_Godfather said:

Better yet, Hamiti to Mizzou to have a practice partner in Keegan.  Bump Keegan to 174, or drop Hamiti to 157.  Either way...win win.

Bet Hamiti wants to eat, OSU will let him wrestle either 165 or 174 and include a free food plan.  

• Bob 1

17 minutes ago, MidwestMan said:

Gus, I think you've got something there and Okie State has some $$$$$ they can probably locate.  He would fit in, but would have to learn how to interpret Oklahoma dialect.  They talk funny down there, kinda like they talk in southern Missouri.

With Olejnik being done and how he developed this year at OK State they will be in the running I’m sure. They have a well funded program. 

• Fire 1