2024-2025 Lineups

VAtoSC

9 hours ago, flyingcement said:

Thanks I didn't know that 

If Ybarra wrestled folkstyle like he does freestyle he would be in the mix as well. He beat Julian Farber and was right there with Dom Serrano at U23’s. 

Northern Iowa is going to have a team next year

125: Trevor Anderson (Beat Camacho and was in a lot of matches

133: Julian Farber

141: Happel

149: Realbuto

157: Downey

165: Jack Thomson 

174: Gunderson?

184: PK

197: Voelker 

285: Jose Valdez

could see this being a team with 9 NQ's and if gunderson can make 174 effectively maybe 5-6 aa's

6 minutes ago, Truzzcat said:

could see this being a team with 9 NQ's and if gunderson can make 174 effectively maybe 5-6 aa's

Gunderson is huge at 86kg. I would be very surprised if he could suck down to 174. They also have CJ Walrath who had a nice redshirt season with a win over Gavin Kane. I wonder if we see PK and Voelker go up a weight class and Gunderson/Walrath battle for the 184 spot? I believe that the cut for PK is significant. 

• Bob 1

16 minutes ago, Gus said:

Gunderson is huge at 86kg. I would be very surprised if he could suck down to 174. They also have CJ Walrath who had a nice redshirt season with a win over Gavin Kane. I wonder if we see PK and Voelker go up a weight class and Gunderson/Walrath battle for the 184 spot? I believe that the cut for PK is significant. 

PK is huge I thought right after the season the thought was he would go 197 but the Gunderson had a great LCQ. Their best lineup would probably be voelker of gunderson up!

14 minutes ago, Truzzcat said:

PK is huge I thought right after the season the thought was he would go 197 but the Gunderson had a great LCQ. Their best lineup would probably be voelker of gunderson up!

Voelker looked like a full sized 97kg wrestler at U23's. I am sure that he has a decent cut to get to 197.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Gus said:

Voelker looked like a full sized 97kg wrestler at U23's. I am sure that he has a decent cut to get to 197.

selfishly I want PK to go up so we get him vs carter anyhow So im hoping we see gunderson,PK,Voelker.

heavy is also their weakest weight by a decent margin.

Edited by Truzzcat
  • Wrestle 1

2 hours ago, Truzzcat said:

Jared Simma just made the blood round and had Shane Griffith on the ropes in the quarters. I'd imagine he'll be 174 no?

• Bob 2

2 minutes ago, Winners Circle said:

Jared Simma just made the blood round and had Shane Griffith on the ropes in the quarters. I'd imagine he'll be 174 no?

for sure! looking back as Gus mentioned I think It probably goes PK,Gunderson,Voelker or Gunderson,Pk,Voelker or maybe even Gunderson at heavy his red shirt year he wrestled up there.

Posted (edited)

This is a 2025-2026 lineup but if tOSU gets Blaze their lineup would look something like

125: Kilkeary/McCrone 

133: Davino/Blaze/Bouzakis

141: Blaze/Bouzakis/mendez

149: Mendez/Shaw

157: Bouzakis/Birden/Paddy

165: Bouzakis/Birden/Paddy

174: Welsh 

184: Rogotzke 

197: Geog

285: Feldman 

do we think this could beat PSU? I dont think they will be as good through and through but I think they could have 4-5 finalists (I'm outrageously high on blaze and almost as high on Davino)

Edited by Truzzcat

6 hours ago, Gus said:

He was 92 KG the next day for MFS after wrestling 97 KG in MGR.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

13 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

He was 92 KG the next day for MFS after wrestling 97 KG in MGR.

Well never mind then. Voelker looks like he knows where the weight room is located on campus but he might not be as tall as I was thinking we was...

• Haha 1

Stanford has a team next year

125: Provo

133: Tyler Knox

141: Aden valencia

149: Jaden abas

157: Daniel Cardenas 

165: Hunter Garvin 

174: Lorenzo Norman 

184: Jack Darrah

197: Nick Stemment 

285: Probably not good

• Bob 1

11 minutes ago, Truzzcat said:

excellent team

2 hours ago, Truzzcat said:

Will be interesting to see their schedule.

@Idaho

How do you see Oregon State's lineup playing out at this point?

Do we see Munoz go 197 w/ a Redshirt from Rademacher?

Seems to be a trio of 174lb seniors that likely want to see action in incumbent starter Olguin, incoming transfer Harman, and spot starter Reiniche?  You also have late starter Fouret at 165lbs?

• Potato 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

2 hours ago, nhs67 said:

@Idaho

How do you see Oregon State's lineup playing out at this point?

Do we see Munoz go 197 w/ a Redshirt from Rademacher?

Seems to be a trio of 174lb seniors that likely want to see action in incumbent starter Olguin, incoming transfer Harman, and spot starter Reiniche?  You also have late starter Fouret at 165lbs?

I think we see Olguin head back down to 165, Harman 174, Munoz 184, Rademacher 197.

• Bob 1
  • Fire 1

I don't want to start a new thread for this but I do not hear anyone talking about Ty Whalen at 149 next year. He went 10-0 on a red shirt essentially he was training at the NJRTC with a win over two all Americans in Parco and Ty Watters. Should we pencil him in as a title threat or does he need a larger sample size.

• Bob 1

Pencil in anyone you like...

2022/23 - Competed at 165 at the Princeton Open, going 2-2, before competing at 157 for the rest of the season and finishing with a 16-13 record overall, going 14-11 at 157... competed at Midlands (1-2), the Franklin & Marshall Open (5-1), in 11 duals (5-6), and at EIWAs, going 3-1 at the conference meet to place seventh.

🇺🇸💪

45 minutes ago, Truzzcat said:

I don't want to start a new thread for this but I do not hear anyone talking about Ty Whalen at 149 next year. He went 10-0 on a red shirt essentially he was training at the NJRTC with a win over two all Americans in Parco and Ty Watters. Should we pencil him in as a title threat or does he need a larger sample size.

There is crazy parity and depth at 149 next year.  Whalen is very good and should be a contender for AA—and at 149 that means you have a shot to win it.  He is very big for 149 though so weight management will be an issue.  I remember him in the finals at Fargo in high school and watched him win at Midlands this past season.  If I was guessing he is lower tier AA threat or R12 guy—but at this crazy weight I am not surprised if he beats anyone.  

• Bob 1

35 minutes ago, Hillbilly Jim said:

There is crazy parity and depth at 149 next year.  Whalen is very good and should be a contender for AA—and at 149 that means you have a shot to win it.  He is very big for 149 though so weight management will be an issue.  I remember him in the finals at Fargo in high school and watched him win at Midlands this past season.  If I was guessing he is lower tier AA threat or R12 guy—but at this crazy weight I am not surprised if he beats anyone.  

I agree and as you mentioned his results could very depending on how the cuts go. What already is a crazy weight could get even crazier if Echemendia and Alirez go up and both seem rather likely.

32 minutes ago, Truzzcat said:

I agree and as you mentioned his results could very depending on how the cuts go. What already is a crazy weight could get even crazier if Echemendia and Alirez go up and both seem rather likely.

Pretty sure that is the plan for Echemendia.  Maybe a cyclone fan on this board can opine.  Lachlan McNeil is moving up too.  As far as Alirez—he made a post after the Mendez thing that was vague but made it sound like he would get his revenge when it counts…so maybe he stays at 141???