J. Frost, Redding

Echemendia, Swiderski

Johnson, Chittum

Gaitan (down from 174), Rojas

Riggins

Bockman

Carroll

Bastida

That's a solid lineup... still having a hard time envisioning Brockman down at 184...that's going to be a nightmare cut. 

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

There is a lot of intriguing matchups with Minnesota vs SDSU this year with all the transfers for both teams.
Flynn vs Jordan
Askey vs Siebrecht
Sparks vs Rhodes
Whiting vs DeVos
McEnelly vs Berge
Salazar vs Glazier

Wells vs Cardinal rubber match too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20 minutes ago, Idaho said:

That's a solid lineup... still having a hard time envisioning Brockman down at 184...that's going to be a nightmare cut. 

What's wild is that he has already made it below 184.0lbs.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

9 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

What's wild is that he has already made it below 184.0lbs.

Are you looking at the Trackwrestling? I dont' think the Red X means they are under that weight. 

2 minutes ago, Idaho said:

Are you looking at the Trackwrestling? I dont' think the Red X means they are under that weight. 

The Red X means they failed something else (hydration probably), they made that weight, though.  The weight listed is what they weighed at (so if he was 184, it means 174.1-184.0).

We use trackwrestling for our alphas as well and that is how it has been explained to us.  That is HS - vs NCAA, though.  There could be a difference.

1 hour ago, nhs67 said:

Listen man, we are both wrestling fans.  Nobody is wrong there and you are definitively more 'in the know' on ISU .  My stance was more on morality conflicts where both Frost brothers had dreams of wrestling together.

well you were spot on, lol. I called my guy and said, this jackass is claiming 141 Frost, and he said, yeah, i would eat crow, it looks like it could go that way! LOL...so, I like mine medium, with salt and pepper. 

1 hour ago, MNRodent said:

There is a lot of intriguing matchups with Minnesota vs SDSU this year with all the transfers for both teams.

Flynn vs Jordan

Askey vs Siebrecht

Sparks vs Rhodes

Whiting vs DeVos

McEnelly vs Berge

Salazar vs Glazier

The dual will be in Brookings Dec 1. I plan to be there and it should be a close dual. Wrestlestat has it 19-12 for the bad guys. 

• Fire 1

17 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

The Red X means they failed something else (hydration probably), they made that weight, though.  The weight listed is what they weighed at (so if he was 184, it means 174.1-184.0).

We use trackwrestling for our alphas as well and that is how it has been explained to us.  That is HS - vs NCAA, though.  There could be a difference.

My understanding was that the assessor can deny the assessment (red x) for several reasons. If there is missing information, such as a body fat test, current weigh in, etc. then you would deny the assessment because it's incomplete information. .You will notice that every wrestler that has a red X has their projected weight class listed. I doubt that every one of those guys is on weight the second week of school. 

25 minutes ago, Idaho said:

My understanding was that the assessor can deny the assessment (red x) for several reasons. If there is missing information, such as a body fat test, current weigh in, etc. then you would deny the assessment because it's incomplete information. .You will notice that every wrestler that has a red X has their projected weight class listed. I doubt that every one of those guys is on weight the second week of school. 

What you said is true however, the weight is a variable, meaning that it is just a number reported.  They put a number in and then it fills the number (weight class) automatically.  If they weighed in, it will show what weight class they weighed at for it.  The ones you look at that have the Red X and no weight means a weight wasn't reported.

The downside to having weight entered in, if you fail, is that you are now on the clock for descent and your coaches will be held accountable if you lose weight too rapidly.  Some schools will do the weight part of the certification after the hydration, skinfold, etc that way they can know if they can get to the weight class that they need/want prior to weighing in.  They aren't supposed to do it that way, but a lot of folks do.

2 hours ago, nhs67 said:

What you said is true however, the weight is a variable, meaning that it is just a number reported.  They put a number in and then it fills the number (weight class) automatically.  If they weighed in, it will show what weight class they weighed at for it.  The ones you look at that have the Red X and no weight means a weight wasn't reported.

The downside to having weight entered in, if you fail, is that you are now on the clock for descent and your coaches will be held accountable if you lose weight too rapidly.  Some schools will do the weight part of the certification after the hydration, skinfold, etc that way they can know if they can get to the weight class that they need/want prior to weighing in.  They aren't supposed to do it that way, but a lot of folks do.

WIth some big early duals only 7 weeks away, I am 99.9% sure  that they will not approve the assessment and have a weight decent plan roll out until all the numbers are met to make that date. 

• Bob 1

On 9/10/2024 at 6:31 PM, CowboyYe2024 said:

Pyles said Haines will redshirt

I'm sure Pyles has much better info than me. But I note that Haines just beat KOT 6-0 at WTTs today. So it seems like he's ready to roll now. And with all the talent in the room, I don't see any reason for Haines to sit (unless he wants to).

As of now I'd predict the PSU lineup as:

• 125- Lilledahl
  • 133- Davis (possible: Nagao)
  • 141- BB
  • 149- SVN
  • 157- Kasak
  • 165- MM
  • 174- Haines
  • 184- Cstar
  • 197- Barr
  • HWT- Kerk
  • Bob 1

22 minutes ago, Greenwave said:

What is projected line up for Little Rock??

projected lineup is below with wrestlestat rating in parentheses 

125: Jeremiah Reno (36)

133: Nassir Bailey (3)

141: Jaivon Jones (26) or Cael Keck (109)

149: Jordan Williams (12)

157: Matt Bianchi (34)

165: Joey Bianchi (17)

174: Triston Wills (40)

184: Brock Delsignore (23)

197: Stephen Little (5)

285: Josiah Hill (24) 

• Fire 1

20 hours ago, peanut said:

I'm sure Pyles has much better info than me. But I note that Haines just beat KOT 6-0 at WTTs today. So it seems like he's ready to roll now. And with all the talent in the room, I don't see any reason for Haines to sit (unless he wants to).

As of now I'd predict the PSU lineup as:

• 125- Lilledahl
  • 133- Davis (possible: Nagao)
  • 141- BB
  • 149- SVN
  • 157- Kasak
  • 165- MM
  • 174- Haines
  • 184- Cstar
  • 197- Barr
  • HWT- Kerk

Apparently Facundo to 157 is getting some action.

4 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Apparently Facundo to 157 is getting some action.

To add to this, Facundo weighed between 157.1 - 165.0 for his Alpha.

Mesenbrink weighed 165.1 - 174.0.

Ryder weighed 174.1 - 184.0.

The writing on the wall is that Facundo is not going 174lbs this season.

• Bob 1