Transfer Portal

1 minute ago, RegularStalling said:

Yeah… Larkin may have been entirely responsible for Parco’s untimely exit.

Untimely? He is a graduate. Seems pretty timely actually. 

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

5 hours ago, RegularStalling said:

Yeah… Larkin may have been entirely responsible for Parco’s untimely exit.

did you see his match against Yianni this morning? This dude may end up being a 4 timer dude he's truly great. 

31 minutes ago, Bardamu911 said:

did you see his match against Yianni this morning? This dude may end up being a 4 timer dude he's truly great. 

He didn't look nearly as good against Gross.

10 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

This year's Portal All Stars:

Cooper Flynn

Connor McGonagle

Isaiah Powe

Kyle Parco

Tommy Askey

Caleb Fish

Dean Hamiti

Brock Delsignore

Jacob Cardenas

Yaraslau Slavikouski

Where does that team place in the NCAAs?

Top 4? Hamiti could win it at '65.
Cardenas could be in the finals at '97 and win it(I'll take Carroll though).
McGonagle top 5.
Fish, Parco should both be top 5 IMO.

Where does that team place in the NCAAs?
Top 4? Hamiti could win it at '65.
Cardenas could be in the finals at '97 and win it(I'll take Carroll though).
McGonagle top 5.
Fish, Parco should both be top 5 IMO.

Fish had a BRUTAL March. He needs to beat some top end guys in the regular season before I believe he can place top five let alone AA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Bob 1

17 minutes ago, poorwrestler said:

Fish had a BRUTAL March. He needs to beat some top end guys in the regular season before I believe he can place top five let alone AA.

Yeah, I'm just being optimistic I guess. I'm also looking at all the graduations and the fact that he's going to go '57 and he'll have Hamiti to workout with.

Or maybe he's a '65 and Hamiti a '74. I don't know. 

Yeah, I'm just being optimistic I guess. I'm also looking at all the graduations and the fact that he's going to go '57 and he'll have Hamiti to workout with.
Or maybe he's a '65 and Hamiti a '74. I don't know. 

Yes. I believe Hamiti is going 174 and has been planning to for some time. Whether it was at Wisconsin or elsewhere. I’d anticipate Fish at 165.

This year's Portal All Stars:
Cooper Flynn
Connor McGonagle
Isaiah Powe
Kyle Parco
Tommy Askey
Caleb Fish
Dean Hamiti
Brock Delsignore
Jacob Cardenas
Yaraslau Slavikouski

1. I’m adding Clayton Whiting to this team, whether it’s at 184 or HM 174. He’s too talented.

2. I’m calling three members of this team (with Whiting) are gophers by the end of April. But I’m not betting my paycheck on it .

• Bob 1

On 4/19/2024 at 4:38 PM, Bardamu911 said:

I'm a big big fan of both Larkin brothers but they have been better at free than folk for as long as I've seen them on the scene so I would not expect a one for one translation of results to folk style. That being said I think he can be a national champ and potentially a 4x aa

8 minutes ago, poorwrestler said:

1. I’m adding Clayton Whiting to this team, whether it’s at 184 or HM 174. He’s too talented.

2. I’m calling three members of this team (with Whiting) are gophers by the end of April. But I’m not betting my paycheck on it emoji6.png.

I am a big fan of the avatar bet to avoid monetary transactions.  I'll make you an avatar bet if you agree which would go as follows:

1) Askey has already transferred which makes one of your predicted three. 

2) McGonagle, Fish, Hamiti, Delsignore, and Cardenas have already finalizes their decisions elsewhere

3) Flynn, Powe, Parco, Slavikouski are the other undecideds

4) I'll give you Clayton Whiting added to the group above to give you five possible guys - and I will reduce three to two.  

5) So if any of Flynn, Powe, Parco, Whiting or Slavikouski transfer to Minnesota, you choose my avatar for all 31 days of October 2024.  Likewise if all of them dont, I choose yours.  

No money risked- just pride and for the sake of entertainment.  What do you say

I hope I am wrong because I like the Gophers a lot

Edited by flyingcement
  • Bob 1
  • Brain 1

I am a big fan of the avatar bet to avoid monetary transactions.  I'll make you an avatar bet if you agree which would go as follows:
1) Askey has already transferred which makes one of your predicted three. 
2) McGonagle, Fish, Hamiti, Delsignore, and Cardenas have already finalizes their decisions elsewhere
3) Flynn, Powe, Parco, Slavikouski are the other undecideds
4) I'll give you Clayton Whiting added to the group above to give you five possible guys - and I will reduce three to two.  
5) So if any of Flynn, Powe, Parco, Whiting or Slavikouski transfer to Minnesota, you choose my avatar for all 31 days of October 2024.  Likewise if all of them dont, I choose yours.  

No money risked- just pride and for the sake of entertainment.  What do you say

I hope I am wrong because I like the Gophers a lot

that is a wager I’m happy to accept. You’re on!

• Bob 1
  • Fire 3

1 hour ago, Truzzcat said:

I'm a big big fan of both Larkin brothers but they have been better at free than folk for as long as I've seen them on the scene so I would not expect a one for one translation of results to folk style. That being said I think he can be a national champ and potentially a 4x aa

Agreed, every year offseason freestyle results gets overhyped and you can't extrapolate them to folk.

Let's not forget the hype for Carter Young after he beat Seth Gross in free before wrestling a college match - a couple years later and he likely not even a starter on his team.

Edited by Gantry

That's a confusing one given that they already have two really good 184s, obviously there are going to be some people changing weights. 

Whiting will go 174. It kills my dream of Salazar going down there, but that’s where he’ll be. I think he wanted to at Mizzou but O’Toole is bumping up.

• Bob 1

14 minutes ago, poorwrestler said:

Whiting will go 174. It kills my dream of Salazar going down there, but that’s where he’ll be. I think he wanted to at Mizzou but O’Toole is bumping up.

What does this mean for Salazar?  Even if he beats McEnelly in a wrestleoff, does Minny give him to nod or his walking papers to ensure four years of McEnelly?

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

8 minutes ago, poorwrestler said:

I haven’t got a clue.

McEnelly is registered for U20s at 86 KG this week, FYI.

So is a slew of other Redshirts, Mizzou's frosh recruit Sinclair, and a slew of other top notch gents.

McEnelly is registered for U20s at 86 KG this week, FYI.
So is a slew of other Redshirts, Mizzou's frosh recruit Sinclair, and a slew of other top notch gents.

Yep, Nelson at 92kg too. Going to be tough brackets.

If I had to take a guess, McEnelly beats Salazar, Salazar doesn’t want to go 197, and hits the portal later in the year as a grad transfer. With ASU or Northern Colorado as the destination. That is purely a guess though.

• Bob 1

2 minutes ago, poorwrestler said:

If I had to take a guess, McEnelly beats Salazar, Salazar doesn’t want to go 197, and hits the portal later in the year as a grad transfer. With ASU or Northern Colorado as the destination. That is purely a guess though.

They just passed new Grad Transfer rules that states that they are immediately eligible, too.  That might make the portal that much more interesting being that they already don't have to adhere to the portal windows that non-Grad transfers do.

• Fire 1

15 minutes ago, poorwrestler said:

Isn’t Salazar a great student? That may be a consideration if he moves in from Minny. He would have plenty of suitors. 

• Bob 1