Transfer Portal

1 hour ago, NM1965 said:

What part of balls? Putting a big going away msg out there as if OU was actually losing somebody who mattered. Nobody cares that he's transferring, how upset can you be at losing a 13-13 Jr who regressed from his sophomore year? Too many of the kids today are obsessed with social media and NOT obsessed with becoming better wrestlers. 

You are upset because a college kid didn't live up to your personal expectations and win enough wrestling matches, so you decide to publicly smear him?  That's pretty small of you. 

Kids post what they are doing with their careers for lots of people that follow them--not just the OU faithful.  Friends, peers, family, etc.  People that actually care about the kid--not just his record.  Major D1 wrestling is hard and you think he should be ashamed or something--so much so that he not even post about leaving?  So petty of you.  I thought his message was classy and showed gratitude for the opportunity.  Give Teddy Roosevelt's "Man in the Arena" a quick read will ya?    

• Bob 1
  • Fire 1

12 minutes ago, Hillbilly Jim said:

You are upset because a college kid didn't live up to your personal expectations and win enough wrestling matches, so you decide to publicly smear him?  That's pretty small of you. 

Kids post what they are doing with their careers for lots of people that follow them--not just the OU faithful.  Friends, peers, family, etc.  People that actually care about the kid--not just his record.  Major D1 wrestling is hard and you think he should be ashamed or something--so much so that he not even post about leaving?  So petty of you.  I thought his message was classy and showed gratitude for the opportunity.  Give Teddy Roosevelt's "Man in the Arena" a quick read will ya?    

"Smear the kid"? If I was "smearing" a kid I'd be here attacking his moral character or ethics, not complaining about a guy being overly concerned about his social media image. 

• Clown 2

3 hours ago, NM1965 said:

What part of balls? Putting a big going away msg out there as if OU was actually losing somebody who mattered. Nobody cares that he's transferring, how upset can you be at losing a 13-13 Jr who regressed from his sophomore year? Too many of the kids today are obsessed with social media and NOT obsessed with becoming better wrestlers. 

So...posting a thank you type of goodbye to the school he's wrestled at, means he's not putting in the work?

I see LOTS of Penn State kids on social media. They seem like they're doing alright.

On 4/11/2024 at 8:06 PM, NM1965 said:

"Smear the kid"? If I was "smearing" a kid I'd be here attacking his moral character or ethics, not complaining about a guy being overly concerned about his social media image. 

the kid literally told OU thank you. 

On 4/11/2024 at 9:39 AM, poorwrestler said:

Admittedly, I didn’t know a thing about Askey prior to him entering the portal and when I did a little more digging my impression aligned with yours. He didn’t have any great wins prior to NCAA’s last year and some rougher losses. He will certainly have a tougher schedule with Minnesota.

He is coming in to a potentially favorable position at least in the big ten with guys like Lewan, Robb, Franek, Brayton graduating. 157 is projecting to be a comparatively weak weight in the conference next year. Wrestlestat currently has Askey rated 11th overall and 3rd in the big ten, behind Antrell Taylor and ahead of Saldate.

I could see him exceeding expectations at Minnesota for his last year, but I wouldn’t be surprised if he flopped either. I’m happy to have him regardless, because we had a massive hole there for one year while a recruit redshirts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everyone can say what they want about Askey, I can tell you he did A LOT with LESS. He literally had nobody to push him after Coach Miller left the program. The kid works his A$$ off, and I will bet he has a great year for the Gophers. 

Different that Oakley, Oakley had Patterson kicking the hell out of him, and Caleb Smith prior. BUT, look what Smith did in a Nebby room...

• Brain 1

On 4/11/2024 at 5:21 PM, NM1965 said:

I don't think. most people are interpreting his post like you are.... he literally said thanks to the university and had a blast.   In terms of nobody caring... I find that hard to believe. The team that picks him up will. I am sure he has made some good friendships there, and they do. Not sure why you are even interpreting the post for anything more than what it actually says. 

image.png

Edited by Idaho

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Is Stewart leaving VT? A buddy told me he seen a social media post from Stewart’s dad that he was evaluating options or something like that. I didn’t see his name on the transfer list so it might be gossip 

26 minutes ago, creek chub said:

Is Stewart leaving VT? A buddy told me he seen a social media post from Stewart’s dad that he was evaluating options or something like that. I didn’t see his name on the transfer list so it might be gossip 

Stewart himself posted on X "transfer portal heating up". To me that just seems like a lonely Bo Nickal who needs some spotlight like a houseplant needs a window sill occasionally. If he was really into transferring he  wouldnt be throwing out lame platitudes about the portal...unless he's an idiot.

Edited by Hammerlock3
  • Fire 2

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

10 minutes ago, Hammerlock3 said:

Stewart himself posted on X "transfer portal heating up". To me that just seems like a lonely Bo Nickal who needs some spotlight like a houseplants needs a window sill occasionally. If he was really into transferring he  would be throwing out lame platitudes about the portal...unless he's an idiot.

Sounds like he is a drama queen that needs pampering. It sounds like the apple didn’t fall far from the tree if his dad is posting stuff too. Pretty pathetic 

• Clown 1

1 minute ago, creek chub said:

Sounds like he is a drama queen that needs pampering. It sounds like the apple didn’t fall far from the tree if his dad is posting stuff too. Pretty pathetic 

yeah same impression. the fact that his dad is involved at all implies the drama addiction.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, H82Lose said:

Everyone can say what they want about Askey, I can tell you he did A LOT with LESS. He literally had nobody to push him after Coach Miller left the program. The kid works his A$$ off, and I will bet he has a great year for the Gophers. 

Different that Oakley, Oakley had Patterson kicking the hell out of him, and Caleb Smith prior. BUT, look what Smith did in a Nebby room...

Askey had nobody to push him?  Millner, Miller, and Formato just didn't ever exist, then?

• Bob 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

3 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Askey had nobody to push him?  Millner, Miller, and Formato just didn't ever exist, then?

Obviously not cause he "LITERALLY" had no one to push him. The guy was on a dessert island essentially.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, creek chub said:

Wherever he ends up, it sounds like they get two head cases for the price of one. Sounds like a room and program headache not worth the risk. 

Is it Chittum style 2 for 1 or...?

Just now, Hammerlock3 said:

Obviously not cause he "LITERALLY" had no one to push him. The guy was on a dessert island essentially.

I would be all for that so long as they had New York style cheesecake, Grape drink, steak, and rum...  the perfect dessert mix for a desert island.

1 minute ago, nhs67 said:

I would be all for that so long as they had New York style cheesecake, Grape drink, steak, and rum...  the perfect dessert mix for a desert island.

lol, yeah I always double think my way into screwing that up. guess i'm getting what i deserve for playing the literally card.

Edited by Hammerlock3

2 minutes ago, Hammerlock3 said:

lol, yeah I always double think my way into screwing that up. guess i'm getting what i deserve for playing the literally card.

It fit.  You nailed it, my man.

1 hour ago, Hammerlock3 said:

yeah same impression. the fact that his dad is involved at all implies the drama addiction.

I glanced at the VT board. Sure enough, it looks like daddy Stewart is posting there too. It looks like the VT fans are supporting him after I guess he got called out. They might pause or they’ll end up getting what they asked for if word gets out of the suspected drama that surrounds them. 

21 hours ago, Hammerlock3 said:

The dad posts and tweets all day and all night. The kid doesn't. I suspect dad is the drama.

• Fire 1