Transfer Portal

1 minute ago, lu1979 said:

Do you know that Phipps is not coming back to Bucknell to use his last year of eligibility?

Well he will be back with Bucknell in terms of his educational plan.  He was doing a five year dual degree program in engineering.  Problem is that Bucknell has weird rules around participation for four years and no redshirts.  I can't recall exactly the rules if someone else could provide the details.  I searched but could not find it.  

Just now, flyingcement said:

Well he will be back with Bucknell in terms of his educational plan.  He was doing a five year dual degree program in engineering.  Problem is that Bucknell has weird rules around participation for four years and no redshirts.  I can't recall exactly the rules if someone else could provide the details.  I searched but could not find it.  

I know in the past they have redshirted people and used 4 years in 5.  Andy Rendos did that.

1 minute ago, lu1979 said:

I know in the past they have redshirted people and used 4 years in 5.  Andy Rendos did that.

I could be having a moment of early onset dementia, but I'm fairly certain there are some irregularities with the way Bucknell approaches years of eligibility compared to other schools.  And it is more strict.

1 minute ago, flyingcement said:

I could be having a moment of early onset dementia, but I'm fairly certain there are some irregularities with the way Bucknell approaches years of eligibility compared to other schools.  And it is more strict.

Do you have any idea why Crosby went in the portal ? - he will be hard for the Bison to replace

6 minutes ago, lu1979 said:

My understanding was that it related directly to the years of eligibility thing.  He may get the free Covid year from NCAA perspective, but not Bucknell.  However I am very fuzzy on the details as you can see.

I agree though that Crosby's departure hurts.

2 hours ago, MPhillips said:

I don't see Askey taking a spot away from either...

Askey is better than Hepner and Wilcox. Not just by NCAA tourney results, but also by regular season results.

• Askey: 25-7 (R12). Wins over Revano (21 seed), Chittum (14 seed), L. Lamer (29 seed), and B. Lee (11 seed).
  • Wilcox: 22-12 (R24). Wins over Brady (18 seed @ #165), Mauller (17 seed) and Stampoulos (33 seed)
  • Hepner: 13-7 (DNQ). Win over C. Moore (28 seed @ #165)

Gallagher has better results than I thought. But still comparative resume to Askey because of Askey's R12 finish.

• Gallagher: 16-5 (DNQ). Wins over Chumbley (25 seed), Kellar (AA - 6th), Downey (5 seed).

Hard to look at these resumes and say Askey wouldn't be able to take 1 out of 2 spots. 

Edited by Winners Circle

16 minutes ago, Winners Circle said:

Askey is better than Hepner and Wilcox. Not just by NCAA tourney results, but also by regular season results.

• Askey: 25-7 (R12). Wins over Revano (21 seed), Chittum (14 seed), L. Lamer (29 seed), and B. Lee (11 seed).
  • Wilcox: 22-12 (R24). Wins over Brady (18 seed @ #165), Mauller (17 seed) and Stampoulos (33 seed)

Gallagher has better results than I thought. But still comparative resume to Askey because of Askey's R12 finish.

• Gallagher: 16-5 (DNQ). Wins over Chumbley (25 seed), Kellar (AA - 6th), Downey (5 seed).

Hard to look at these resumes and say Askey wouldn't be able to take 1 out of 2 spots. 

Askey and Wilcox are a toss-up. They have nearly identical records against common opponents. In 10 matches against each other it wouldn't surprise me if it was 5-5. 

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

1 minute ago, Kov88 said:

image.thumb.png.b9a656d3941c2acdadf9cff499e592e8.png

he making the switch to Rutgers?

Rutgers has to have one of the top recruiting classes in the country. Add Gibson and they have 6 top 10 wrestlers and 3 more in the top 25.

7 minutes ago, Idaho said:

Askey and Wilcox are a toss-up. They have nearly identical records against common opponents. In 10 matches against each other it wouldn't surprise me if it was 5-5. 

Yes, their commons are similar. But, do you see Wilcox beating Chittum or Lee (Askey's best wins)? I do not. On the other hand, do you see Askey beating Brady or Mauller (Wilcox's best wins)? I do. There's reason Askey was R12 and Wilcox R24. 

• Bob 2

34 minutes ago, Winners Circle said:

Per wrestlestat, which is the authority, he loses to both Wilcox and Paddy comfortably.

• Haha 1
  • Wrestle 1
  • Potato 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

8 minutes ago, Winners Circle said:

Yes, their commons are similar. But, do you see Wilcox beating Chittum or Lee (Askey's best wins)? I do not. On the other hand, do you see Askey beating Brady or Mauller (Wilcox's best wins)? I do. There's reason Askey was R12 and Wilcox R24. 

You're giving Askey the benefit of the doubt from one tournament that he wrestled out of his mind at.

He was also Techfellered twice by Shapiro, lost to Ed Scott twice comfortably, and he also lost to Will Lewan in regulation (W?T?F?!).

I don't see Askey beating Mauller.  I don't see him beating Brady, either.

3 hours ago, MPhillips said:

I don't see Askey taking a spot away from either...

Damn autocorrect. I do not think the Buckeyes should try too hard to land Askey. He is not a big improvement, and time would be better spent on other people that may show up in the portal.

18 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

You're giving Askey the benefit of the doubt from one tournament that he wrestled out of his mind at.

He was also Techfellered twice by Shapiro, lost to Ed Scott twice comfortably, and he also lost to Will Lewan in regulation (W?T?F?!).

I don't see Askey beating Mauller.  I don't see him beating Brady, either.

You sure? Mauller and Brady were both bad this year. 

13 minutes ago, Winners Circle said:

You sure? Mauller and Brady were both bad this year. 

I am sure.

I'm surprised Patrick Kennedy hasn't entered the portal.  His loyalty to the Hawks must be very strong.  He'll be this year's Connor McGonagle (and Richard Figueroa and Michael Beard before him) of being an unusually good backup.

could Askey end up in Nebraska? I know there have been talks of Taylor bumping down to 157 with Robb leaving but it could be a good fit. He would also be reunited with his former teammate, Caleb Smith. 

could Askey end up in Nebraska? I know there have been talks of Taylor bumping down to 157 with Robb leaving but it could be a good fit. He would also be reunited with his former teammate, Caleb Smith. 

I think a line up of..
157 Taylor
165 Bubba
174 Brown ton

Is a decent bit better than
157 Askey
165 Taylor
174 Bubba

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Bob 1

I'm surprised Patrick Kennedy hasn't entered the portal.  His loyalty to the Hawks must be very strong.  He'll be this year's Connor McGonagle (and Richard Figueroa and Michael Beard before him) of being an unusually good backup.

That family bleeds black and gold, they are not leaving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, flyingcement said:

Some Iowa fans believe Caliendo can go 157 and was apparently the lightest out of Franek, Kennedy and himself to start the year so in that world Kennedy would slide in at 165, if Iowa has big hopes for next season they kind of need Caliendo to go 157 

• Bob 1

2 hours ago, Winners Circle said:

Nah...I will go with toss-up....In case you haven't noticed A + B = C doesn't always happen in wrestling.  Playing the same Price is Right game.... Askey was throttled by Thompson who Wilcox in turn majored a couple weeks later. Same can be said the other way around. Either guy could win on any give day against one another...that's why it's a toss-up.  As mentioned, our most glorious wrestlestat has Wilcox winning 9-5.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Some Iowa fans believe Caliendo can go 157 and was apparently the lightest out of Franek, Kennedy and himself to start the year so in that world Kennedy would slide in at 165, if Iowa has big hopes for next season they kind of need Caliendo to go 157 

Does high hopes mean 2nd?