That’s egregious…

In the arena, the one that got the most vocal reaction was the fastest stalemate call I've ever seen in Fix-Frost.  And the general beduddlement at Mekhi's "plan", which appears to have been

1.  Head fake repeatedly, but don't shoot.

2.  I repeat, DO NOT SHOOT.

3.  ???

4. Points?

• Bob 1
  • Fire 1

Just now, VakAttack said:

In the arena, the one that got the most vocal reaction was the fastest stalemate call I've ever seen in Fix-Frost.  And the general beduddlement at Mekhi's "plan", which appears to have been

1.  Head fake repeatedly, but don't shoot.

2.  I repeat, DO NOT SHOOT.

3.  ???

4. Points?

That stalemate as super shady - Frost was advancing his position.  Forgot about that one

• Bob 1
  • Fire 1

Didn't think Frost was advancing his position.  And if the ref let it keep going then people would be complaining because he let it go too long and wasted valuable time in the 3rd OT.

Edited by KCMO2

1 hour ago, KCMO2 said:

Didn't think Frost was advancing his position.  And if the ref let it keep going then people would be complaining because he let it go too long and wasted valuable time in the 3rd OT.

Yup.  "Your guy is a terrorist, but my guy is a freedom fighter."  

The challenge of the challenge that helped ngaou advance against chlebov. Is it even legal to challenge a challenge or is that some penn st special type shit?

Also take note Davis, when you aren't getting the call let your coaches do the crying and you just wrestle.

Thought the stall call against Shapiro in the third period against Cardenas was incredibly premature. It cost him, in the end because with a 3-1 lead and Cardenas holding RT a second stall call would lead to OT. Shapiro's attempt at a shot led to the go-behind that gave Cardenas the win. I think he survives getting his bell rung if he doesn't have the stall looming over him. (Especially when Cardenas spent the entire second period just laying on top of him without trying to turn or getting a stall on top though that also would have been a tetchy stall call).

• Bob 1

I was watching with the sound off for a few stretches and was wondering wtf the officials were doing letting Shapiro leave and then come back to the match, before I realized it was for concussion protocol. Hopefully he's all right. I hate to see someone go out like that, esp someone as young and talented as Shapiro

47 minutes ago, ugarles said:

Thought the stall call against Shapiro in the third period against Cardenas was incredibly premature. It cost him, in the end because with a 3-1 lead and Cardenas holding RT a second stall call would lead to OT. Shapiro's attempt at a shot led to the go-behind that gave Cardenas the win. I think he survives getting his bell rung if he doesn't have the stall looming over him. (Especially when Cardenas spent the entire second period just laying on top of him without trying to turn or getting a stall on top though that also would have been a tetchy stall call).

Or, he just got beat by a super physical wrestler. 

• Poopy 1

7 hours ago, flyingcement said:

The no takedown call on for Kal Miler vs Bartlett

The no stalling call against Fix

Well, they finally called it and then they took it away. 

The pin that got wiped out. Army pins a guy like Mehki and it gets stonewashed. 

• Bob 1

5 hours ago, gromit said:

I'm guessing you've never had a concussion....it literally messes with your head.

I've had several.  If this were a concussion, he (a) wouldn't have continued, and (b) be out of the tournament.  He continued the match and continued the tournament.  He got beat by the better wrestler.

2 minutes ago, BuckyBadger said:

3rd place rematch suggests otherwise.

Look, Bucky, Shapiro is a great wrestler.  He's a future champion for sure.  Cardenas beat him twice this year.  Let's give a tiny bit of credit, that's all I'm saying.  The excuses after every Shapiro loss are just a bit much.