2024 NCAA Championships - Session 3

5 minutes ago, BuckyBadger said:

Ha, another DC wfh guy here too. Got quarterfinal mat cast on the tv and two mats up on my computer (switching back and forth to the matches I want to see up close).

Work computer is off to the side, just to monitor email.

I got all of my "real work" done Monday thru Wednesday and held off on answering all of my email for the week for yesterday and today.

Dan McDonald, Penn '93
danmc167@yahoo.com

9 minutes ago, SocraTease said:

I think quarterfinal wins are worth 7 points (plus possible bonus), which is huge.   Previous wins in the championship round were only worth 1 point (plus possible bonus).   It will make huge differences in the team race.  If you win in the quarters, you are guaranteed AA status (and at least 6th place), right?

Edit:  I didn't mean to post this as a reply to the comment.  Oh well.  Let the matches begin!

correct

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

Mizzou had a horrible first day, especially with three seniors (two returning AAs) going 0-2. But the 5 remaining actually all have reasonable paths to AA.

Edmond (21) has Composto (22), then would have the winner of Crook (20) v Owen (30), followed by Vombaur (26) in the blood round. Now, I think he'll lose to Composto, but there are no major roadblocks.

O'Toole (1) will have an opportunity for bonus vs Taylor (8) (glad Taylor beat Hall who always wrestles Keegan tough).

Hawks (11) has Hopkins (28), followed by the winner of Conway (19) v Anderson (29). Then he would have Key (25) in the blood round. If Hawks is ready to wrestle, he can do this.

If Rocky (12) loses to Beard (4), he would have Stout (16)/Stemmet(18)/Urbas(24)/Smith(26) in the blood round. Hopefully he can step it up against Beard, but it would be a big disappointment for him to not AA either way.

I suspect Elam (6) the Bigger will lose to Hendrickson (3), then he would have to beat Catka(26)/Hill(25)/Szuba(18)/Griess(17). No AA for him would also be a big disappointment.

Edited by Crotalus

Surprised by the lack of urgency in the first wave of quarters at 125. Plus, wrestlers are so used to trying to kill time staying in bounds they forget when they need to save time by going out of bounds and getting a fresh start in the center of the mat.

Dan McDonald, Penn '93
danmc167@yahoo.com

Just now, Truzzcat said:

you can't hit someone for a stall just because its the last 20 seconds of a match if you did not do much the prior 6 minutes 40

Sure you can... that's not actually how the rule is written. 

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Just now, Idaho said:

Sure you can... that's not actually how the rule is written. 

you can but two level changes in the final 20 over an entire match should not force a stall call just because the guy has a lead that he earned and is sitting on his defense.