Starocci just Andonian'd his knee

JuanMogen

5 hours ago, ionel said:

Depends, you can finish after ACL injury.   You won't be back from acl surgery in 4 weeks.  However you don't have to have surgery to wrestle.

We'll probably see Starocci with a full tree stump wrap (Starotree?) but the injury could impact his gas tank. He's already recovering from sickness and trying to get his conditioning back to normal. That'll be tough to do without the use of his leg. Time for swimming, I guess

• Fire 2

1 minute ago, CHROMEBIRD said:

We'll probably see Starocci with a full tree stump wrap (Starotree?) but the injury could impact his gas tank. He's already recovering from sickness and trying to get his conditioning back to normal. That'll be tough to do without the use of his leg. Time for swimming, I guess

Starotreestall?

5 hours ago, Rassling said:

Cael seems optimistic plus you have to factor in who Carter truly is. If he can stand come the NCAA's, he wrestles.

Someone correct me if I’m wrong.   That year Saurino was hurt at psu…. They seemed optimistic as well no?

3 hours ago, pokemonster said:

What about when they denounce other religions and call Mohammed a false prophet? 🤣

As if there is any kind of record at all about Jesus when he supposedly lived.

I have more proof Jesus was actually from Mexico. I know many Mexicans named Jesus and have yet to meet a Jewish guy with that name.

• Fire 1
  • Haha 1

” Never attribute to inspiration that which can be adequately explained by delusion”.

On 2/25/2024 at 1:57 PM, gromit said:

Should’ve taken Alex Clemsen’s advice🤨 

According to Starocci, "Coach Casey would fold that man like an accordion" .

If he had a clue he'd know that Clemsen is about 8 years younger than Cunningham, and was an AA 5 weight classes heavier.  I know where I'd put my money.

• Fire 3

2 hours ago, Caveira said:

Someone correct me if I’m wrong.   That year Saurino was hurt at psu…. They seemed optimistic as well no?

Cael said he was in the room training. But he was really on crutches. I don't expect any information on this situation. He will probably show up at big 10s and injury default twice at :01 and get an at large 

• Fire 1
  • Racing Family 2

7 minutes ago, Corby said:

Cael said he was in the room training. But he was really on crutches. I don't expect any information on this situation. He will probably show up at big 10s and injury default twice at :01 and get an at large 

To lazy to quote the poster.  So here 

Cael seems optimistic plus you have to factor in who Carter truly is. If he can stand come the NCAA's, he wrestles

Makes it sound like cael is up front about injuries.  Which he is not.   (Nor are most head coaches… some just get crapped on more than others)

1 hour ago, Caveira said:

To lazy to quote the poster.  So here 

Cael seems optimistic plus you have to factor in who Carter truly is. If he can stand come the NCAA's, he wrestles

Makes it sound like cael is up front about injuries.  Which he is not.   (Nor are most head coaches… some just get crapped on more than others)

TBF, Cael kept up the Suriano charade for so long, they couldn't even re-seed 125 lbs at NCAAs, or swap in an alternate to take Suriano's place.

Blew up the bottom half of the bracket, arguably created an "uneven playing field", and for about as ephemeral a potential gain as I can conceive.

Not that it's his job to look out for anyone beyond his own athletes.  He's there to win.

But please stop with the 'glory to god' babble, and anything to do with jesus.  According to your own holy book(s), the latter was as uninterested in winning (let alone at all costs) as he was in any of the other nonsense done in his name today.

• Fire 3

10 hours ago, Crotalus said:
11 hours ago, Truzzcat said:
I believe he just had a knee scope for a meniscus. Just from looking at the position it looked like his knee rotated which could be meniscus or ACL but if he could not put any weight on it id lead more towards ACL if not both. That said spencer wrestled with no ACL's and Yianni won with a torn one from the quarters on so I would not put it past carter to do the same. What's most unfortunate to me is it appears to be the same leg he injured previously so I hope it does not hamper his future mma aspirations.

Yeah, you could potentially wrestle in a little as a week after a meniscus scope. With an ACL, you either have to hold off on surgery like Spencer or Kerk, or you're out for the season. That said, I've seen people walk (or continue to wrestle) immediately after an ACL tear. If a knee locks up from a meniscus tear (torn part folds up in the joint), you aren't walking until you can get it to unlock.

I tore each ACL.  With the first one I had a complete tear and a meniscus tear, and I could still jog and put weight on it.  It never swelled.  I just couldn't change directions.  With the 2nd one I had more immediate signs but still got up and walked off the basketball court (I was 40).

• Fire 1

57 minutes ago, boconnell said:

I tore each ACL.  With the first one I had a complete tear and a meniscus tear, and I could still jog and put weight on it.  It never swelled.  I just couldn't change directions.  With the 2nd one I had more immediate signs but still got up and walked off the basketball court (I was 40).

I tore my ACL and didn't find out for...3-4 weeks. It swelled up, but I could still put weight on it and move around.

This was after a teammate had suffered his 3rd torn ACL in less than 3 years (right, then left, then tore the right again). He tore his and it was like a broken leg. It blew up, he wouldn't be able to put weight on it, he couldn't possibly Wrestle.

I remember asking my Orthopedic Surgeon(when I went in for a consultation before shoulder surgery) why I didn't know and his were so bad. He basically just said...they don't know. With knees or shoulders, they're a wide variance between how much pain it causes, how the rehab will go...he even pointed out there was an NBA player who didn't even have ACLs and played in College and was elite and then played for I think San Antonio. 

I couldn't Wrestle through the same shoulder injury others had. I could Wrestle and rehab through a torn ACL...enough to compete. 

I hope he's able to compete. I'd hate to see a kid like him going for 4 have his season end in such an anti-climatic manner and it's just bad for the sport. 

7 hours ago, Caveira said:

A torn knee isn’t a broken ankle , we ve seen plenty of guys win with tore up knees , Yianni, Spencer, Nolf all recently , I’ve yet to see a guy even AA on a broken ankle 

• Fire 1

2 hours ago, scourge165 said:

I tore my ACL and didn't find out for...3-4 weeks. It swelled up, but I could still put weight on it and move around.

This was after a teammate had suffered his 3rd torn ACL in less than 3 years (right, then left, then tore the right again). He tore his and it was like a broken leg. It blew up, he wouldn't be able to put weight on it, he couldn't possibly Wrestle.

I remember asking my Orthopedic Surgeon(when I went in for a consultation before shoulder surgery) why I didn't know and his were so bad. He basically just said...they don't know. With knees or shoulders, they're a wide variance between how much pain it causes, how the rehab will go...he even pointed out there was an NBA player who didn't even have ACLs and played in College and was elite and then played for I think San Antonio. 

I couldn't Wrestle through the same shoulder injury others had. I could Wrestle and rehab through a torn ACL...enough to compete. 

I hope he's able to compete. I'd hate to see a kid like him going for 4 have his season end in such an anti-climatic manner and it's just bad for the sport. 

With my first one I had very few symptoms before the surgery (even with the full ACL and full bucket tear of the meniscus).  They told me the same about there not being any real explanation for the variance in sypmtoms. 

Then a day after the surgery my knee suddenly inflated like a beach ball.  In about 20 minutes it went from normal size to at least double the size.  I called the doctor and they said it was normal and to elevate it.  I did and it shrunk in like 10 minutes.  It was legitimately like the fluid just poured out of my leg.  For about a day it would instantly swell if I lowered it and then instantly shrink if I elevated.  Then after a day it was normal.  The first surgery was also a brutal recovery and the 2nd was super easy (even though I was much older and fatter).  There are general truths with these situations, but every one is unique.  Hopefully Starocci is not seriously hurt, but if it is an ACL, hopefully it's one of those times where he can keep competing.  

• Fire 1

8 hours ago, whaletail said:

But please stop with the 'glory to god' babble, and anything to do with jesus.  According to your own holy book(s), the latter was as uninterested in winning (let alone at all costs) as he was in any of the other nonsense done in his name today.

This is what rules the roost in this place. Was this what the creators of this site had in mind? Just curious.

• Fire 1

10 hours ago, Antitroll2828 said:

A torn knee isn’t a broken ankle , we ve seen plenty of guys win with tore up knees , Yianni, Spencer, Nolf all recently , I’ve yet to see a guy even AA on a broken ankle 

I wasn’t commenting on the difference in injuries.  Just that the poster said Cael was optimistic.   History shows that does not necessarily mean much.   Especially like a few hours after the injury.  

28 minutes ago, Caveira said:

I wasn’t commenting on the difference in injuries.  Just that the poster said Cael was optimistic.   History shows that does not necessarily mean much.   Especially like a few hours after the injury.  

^^^ This ^^^ The reality is we may not know anything with regard to how healthy he is until NCAA 1st round, good or bad. 

Mineo says it’s a “possible dislocated knee.” Obviously doesn’t sound like solid information though. I’m guessing we’ll all just have to wait and see what happens at the Big Ten tournament. 

This will sound weird, and I acknowledge 20/20 hindsight/Monday morning quarterbacking up front, but watching the video of the injury reminds me a little of watching the video of Spencer Lee's last match vs Ramos.  How?  The best wrestler in the country, going for 4 championships, does something inexplicable.  Lee, with a lead as time is winding down, traps his own head in his opponent's chest, locks his hands around Ramos's back, while he himself is stretched out and in no position to drive for a takedown against a guy he knows from the dual meet has great throws, and in the end basically pins himself.  Starocci, time winding down on a TF in his last home match, tries to gild the lilly with a bizarre contortion and pulls his opponent on top of his knee.  Extraordinarily awkward looking sequences from extraordinarily smooth technical wrestlers.  I wonder if the building pressure of being the most watched wrestler in the country going for 4 triggered brain cramps.  

Just now, dragit said:

This will sound weird, and I acknowledge 20/20 hindsight/Monday morning quarterbacking up front, but watching the video of the injury reminds me a little of watching the video of Spencer Lee's last match vs Ramos.  How?  The best wrestler in the country, going for 4 championships, does something inexplicable.  Lee, with a lead as time is winding down, traps his own head in his opponent's chest, locks his hands around Ramos's back, while he himself is stretched out and in no position to drive for a takedown against a guy he knows from the dual meet has great throws, and in the end basically pins himself.  Starocci, time winding down on a TF in his last home match, tries to gild the lilly with a bizarre contortion and pulls his opponent on top of his knee.  Extraordinarily awkward looking sequences from extraordinarily smooth technical wrestlers.  I wonder if the building pressure of being the most watched wrestler in the country going for 4 triggered brain cramps.  

I think the situations have more differences than similarities. Both made unwise decisions. Lee, likely because of exhaustion - that fits the billing of a brain cramp. Starocci got a little greedy going for the pin. Not sure if that constitutes a brain cramp.

But, you might be onto something

• Fire 1

8 minutes ago, Mr. PeanutButter said:

I think the situations have more differences than similarities. Both made unwise decisions. Lee, likely because of exhaustion - that fits the billing of a brain cramp. Starocci got a little greedy going for the pin. Not sure if that constitutes a brain cramp.

But, you might be onto something

Definitely differences, including Lee was in a hard fought national semi and Starocci in a cakewalk in a meaningless dual.  But if you watch the videos it's kind of stunning to see transcendent guys who you've watched for four years engage in such truly bizarre sequences and (we'll see hopefully not here) blow up their own opportunity for history.