Glory to 133??

Gus

6 hours ago, BigRedFan said:

He's already wrestled 125 this year (November).  What are you talking about?

What type of weight allowance do people get for duals this early in season ?   

edit : not being argumentative.   Just curious. 

Edited by Caveira

33 minutes ago, Caveira said:

What type of weight allowance do people get for duals this early in season ?   

edit : not being argumentative.   Just curious. 

Check SHP's weekly schedule pinned at the top.  Sometimes there's a 1 lb allowance and all weigh in same time if one or more teams wrestle two dual meets in same day.  Otherwise scratch & one hour. 

1 hour ago, ionel said:

Check SHP's weekly schedule pinned at the top.  Sometimes there's a 1 lb allowance and all weigh in same time if one or more teams wrestle two dual meets in same day.  Otherwise scratch & one hour. 

To my knowledge, the only time allowances are given in college is on the second or third days of a tournament including team advancement.

8 minutes ago, gimpeltf said:

To my knowledge, the only time allowances are given in college is on the second or third days of a tournament including team advancement.

Pretty sure that applies to dual meets as well, in which one of the teams had a dual meet the previous day/night.

To wit:

*-indicates event is eligible for a one-pound weight allowance

Friday, December 9:

Pittsburgh at Brown, 6:30 PM

Saturday, December 10:

*Michigan State at Brown, 6:30 PM

6 minutes ago, BigRedFan said:

Pretty sure that applies to dual meets as well, in which one of the teams had a dual meet the previous day/night.

To wit:

*-indicates event is eligible for a one-pound weight allowance

Friday, December 9:

Pittsburgh at Brown, 6:30 PM

Saturday, December 10:

*Michigan State at Brown, 6:30 PM

Back to back days of competition (they reworded in the most recent book), yes correct.

Why do they give these additional weight allowances if they are truly concerned about the dangers of excessive cutting? As a competitor, it is certainly welcomed, but if these guys can't make the weight multiple days in a row, perhaps that's not the weight they should be wrestling.

20 minutes ago, Crotalus said:

Why do they give these additional weight allowances if they are truly concerned about the dangers of excessive cutting? As a competitor, it is certainly welcomed, but if these guys can't make the weight multiple days in a row, perhaps that's not the weight they should be wrestling.

The whole obvious manipulation of the certification system is awful.  I am sure everyone does it, but it appears that some programs and individuals are more egregious offenders.

Let us not forget WHY we put this system in place, and how much danger the sport was in as a result.  (And this comes from the perspective of a major weight cutter)

12 hours ago, ionel said:

Thanks.  Did not realize they are essentially gone.   It’s probably good for the sport.  I don’t let my kid cut weight.  

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, Crotalus said:

The idea is that if one team has to make weight on Friday and Saturday, and the other team only on Saturday, then allowing an extra pound on Saturday helps overcome the disadvantage of only one team having to make weight two days in a row.

2 hours ago, Crotalus said:

1 hour ago, BigRedFan said:

The idea is that if one team has to make weight on Friday and Saturday, and the other team only on Saturday, then allowing an extra pound on Saturday helps overcome the disadvantage of only one team having to make weight two days in a row.

A good example in when on the road and two dual meets in one day, recent example OSU v Lehigh @noon then Bucknell @7pm.   It would be difficult to do the travel between Lehigh and Bucknell then make weight again 1 hour before.  Instead just let all 3 teams weigh in same time before the Lehigh match with 1 pound allowance.  This gives the advantage to Bucknell but OSU I'm sure doesn't mind that.  Also when they've traveled to N Colorado then to Wyoming same day have done similar without the 1 pound allowance, everyone weighs in same time giving an advantage to Wyoming but that's part of the point of the trip makes for a tough two match day at altitude, second match higher altitude with home team advantage on weight.  

So Minnow did a Minnow thing again?

Expecting otherwise is like expecting anything other than three points of output out if Will Lewan.  Very poor batting average, that one.

• Fire 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

Just now, nhs67 said:

So Minnow did a Minnow thing again?

Expecting otherwise is like expecting anything other than three points of output out if Will Lewan.  Very poor batting average, that one.

Lewan scores exactly three points in about 60% of his matches.  This leaves approximately 40% of matches where he would score more or less than three.  I would argue that a .400 batting average is anything but poor!

1 minute ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Lewan scores exactly three points in about 60% of his matches.  This leaves approximately 40% of matches where he would score more or less than three.  I would argue that a .400 batting average is anything but poor!

In baseball, maybe.  In real life where truth should matter?  Not so much.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

2 hours ago, Caveira said:

Thanks.  Did not realize they are essentially gone.   It’s probably good for the sport.  I don’t let my kid cut weight.  

My Mom would let any of us do it either.  Of course,  we could oull it off a little,  but VERY little.  I had an easy natural cut for my weight class anyway. 

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!