Crazy PSU prediction

Richferg

2023-24

Burn Kasak’s red shirt.  Romp thru NCAAs

2024-25

RS Davis, Kasak, Haines (unless Starocci/Kerkvliet return).  Settle out the new wrestlers 174-285, (kind of like what they did in 2015)

2026-29

Win next 4 NCAA’s. It is kind of their pattern. 

Edited by Richferg
Formatting
  • Fire 1

21 minutes ago, Richferg said:

2023-24

Burn Kasak’s red shirt.  Romp thru NCAAs

2024-25

RS Davis, Kasak, Haines (unless Starocci/Kerkvliet return).  Settle out the new wrestlers 174-285, (kind of like what they did in 2015)

2026-29

Win next 4 NCAA’s. It is kind of their pattern. 

Nothing crazy about it. They've been running the show for some time now. I don't see it slowing down anytime soon.

If PSU gets Kerkvliet back (he originally said he was coming back) that alone should be enough to make them the favorites next year. 

Line Up:

125 - Lilledahl/Davis (one RS) - contender at 125 

133 - Nagao - will be Top 2 likely with Vito/Fix moving on

141 - Bartlett (said he's returning) - will be Top 2 (depending on what Alirez wants to do) 

149 - SVN (Kasak RS) - depending on how he rounds into form (will take some time) should be the guy to beat (on par with Henson/Parco at least)

157 - Haines/Mesenbrink (depending on how big either get) - contender to favorite

165 - Haines/Mesenbrink - contender to favorite

174 - Facundo/Ryder - think Facundo will contend for AA in that class, Ryder seems to be built in the "impossible to take down, limited offense" mold (not unlike Gabe Arnold)

184 - Barr - TBD but he beat a Top 15 opponent his first month in the room and guys like him tend to be ready to be a stud

197 - ??? The class clears out, would be ideal to get points here for them whether it's getting Mirasola up to folk speed fast or transfer

285 - Kerkvliet - favorite

I have a sneaking suspicion Starocci and Kerkvliet will both be back. Getting paid a huge sum of money to just wrestle another year is better than anything they can make elsewhere. I think Cael wins more than 4 in a row this time. 

• Fire 1

There is a chance PSU only loses two guys going into next year and will have SVN back, I hardly think that's cause for a punt season. The way they've stacked the recruits on top of each other I'd say there isn't a chance for a punt for at least 5-6 years. 

• Fire 2

There is a chance PSU only loses two guys going into next year and will have SVN back, I hardly think that's cause for a punt season. The way they've stacked the recruits on top of each other I'd say there isn't a chance for a punt for at least 5-6 years. 

I’m thinking the smaller Mirasola could slot right in at 197. His twin could use the RS year to bulk up.

Get them out to PA when they graduate, let Dean, Bo, Brooks, DT, Cael and Varner work with them, and let Mirasola the Smaller loose next fall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Fire 1

17 hours ago, OMW said:

Beard portals back to Penn State to fill 197 for next season 😁

If Kerk doesn't return, I could 100% see Carl recruiting Beard to come back at heavy. He's ruthless like that.

i am an idiot on the internet

1 hour ago, Le duke said:

I’m thinking the smaller Mirasola could slot right in at 197. His twin could use the RS year to bulk up.

Get them out to PA when they graduate, let Dean, Bo, Brooks, DT, Cael and Varner work with them, and let Mirasola the Smaller loose next fall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mirasola the smaller's wins over Evan Wick and Max Dean in freestyle tells me that he is ready to go right away. He is very good. 

• Fire 2

5 hours ago, buckshot said:

Any chance Cael may be loading up to challenge Gable's 9 straight? Getting tired of 4 & 4?

” Never attribute to inspiration that which can be adequately explained by delusion”.

47 minutes ago, NM1965 said:

I think all of PSU's starters will AA this year, same as Minnesota did a couple decades ago. Except about 5 guys from PSU will be champions. 

ok, but its a pretty tough tournament

• Fire 1

44 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

But how close to true?

I suppose you could actually peruse all 19 of my posts. I am really just poo-pooing the idea that PSU will have 10 AAs this year. I believe Minnesota's record will stand the test of time with that one.