Another #1 Ranked 125 pounder losses to a HS kid

12 minutes ago, FanOfPurdueWrestling said:

A bunch of WrestleKnowNothing’s that for some odd reason don’t have Matt Ramos at #1 at 125….

5 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Those kinda guys are the worst.

Screenshot_20240128-190000_Chrome.jpg

you gotta give Lee credit, what we thought was the most stable weight was actually the most chaotic, but Lee imposed so much order on it we had no idea.  

I think it’s the weight class where kids are most impacted by the cut.

I hate to diminish their skills but sometimes it looks like it’s basically about who ate one less donut that week and feels better off the scale. But they are so unpredictable that the randomness has to come from somewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Fire 1

7 hours ago, Le duke said:

I think it’s the weight class where kids are most impacted by the cut.

I hate to diminish their skills but sometimes it looks like it’s basically about who ate one less donut that week and feels better off the scale. But they are so unpredictable that the randomness has to come from somewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now I want a doughnut

• Fire 1
  • Haha 1

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

10 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Flo? What's that?

It's that thing the ladies do once a month, I think.

• Haha 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

10 hours ago, PortaJohn said:

Don't know where Jax projects to go for college but with Knox, Lilledahl, and DeLuca the future looks bright at 125 pounds 

I could see Lilledahl going right into 133 next season. Probably more likely now with the success Davis is having who I think is a career 125. 

9 hours ago, Hammerlock3 said:

you gotta give Lee credit, what we thought was the most stable weight was actually the most chaotic, but Lee imposed so much order on it we had no idea.  

Not really, a lot of these guys have been around awhile with similar types of crazy results.  

It was just that they were all well behind Spencer Lee (and to a lesser extent Vito/Glory), well until last year’s semis that is.

32 minutes ago, RandolphTJones said:

This is just as impressive as Blaze's win over Ramos with Forrest only being a junior. 

he's a sophmore blaze is a junior so both have more time in HS which is nuts.

33 minutes ago, RandolphTJones said:

This is just as impressive as Blaze's win over Ramos with Forrest only being a junior. 

It's more impressive than that.  Forrest is a sophomore.  Class of 2026.

I was one of those on the Lehigh Sports Forum insisting that Stanich should have med forfeited in the finals.  Had he won, he would have gained nothing, except to prove that he hadn't ducked a high schooler -- in essence, winning a lot of flame and air (Man of La Mancha reference).  Had he been injured .... well, at least his redshirt hasn't been blown for this season, so he'd still have four seasons available to him.  But losing -- Forrest is now the winter favorite for an NCAA title in 2027, and if Stanich finishes in the top few at NCAAs then the sports world knows that a high school kid could likely beat the best in college.

• Fire 3

10 minutes ago, jdalu75 said:

I was one of those on the Lehigh Sports Forum insisting that Stanich should have med forfeited in the finals.  Had he won, he would have gained nothing, except to prove that he hadn't ducked a high schooler -- in essence, winning a lot of flame and air (Man of La Mancha reference).  Had he been injured .... well, at least his redshirt hasn't been blown for this season, so he'd still have four seasons available to him.  But losing -- Forrest is now the winter favorite for an NCAA title in 2027, and if Stanich finishes in the top few at NCAAs then the sports world knows that a high school kid could likely beat the best in college.

This^^^

(Agree.)

D3

As you know, John, I was among those proposing Stanich forfeit the final because there was no benefit from an NCAA point of view.

Perhaps Stanich simply wanted a shot at avenging a loss to a kid who beat him when both were in HS last year? If so, I can’t fault Stanich for that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, jdalu75 said:

This was already the case with Blaze/Ramos though as Ramos was a national finalist.  Now it just shows there’s 2 that can do it.

Bassett could probably AA at 133 too

1 hour ago, lu_alum said:

Perhaps Stanich simply wanted a shot at avenging a loss to a kid who beat him when both were in HS last year? If so, I can’t fault Stanich for that.

Luke was wrestling unattached, so maybe the Lehigh staff wasn't permitted to consult with him.  My advice, in a situation like that, is not to look in the rearview mirror.

17 minutes ago, jdalu75 said:

Luke was wrestling unattached, so maybe the Lehigh staff wasn't permitted to consult with him.  My advice, in a situation like that, is not to look in the rearview mirror.

Unattached, but Dillon and Rey could clearly be seen just off the mat.  Rey appeared to be quite vocal following one particular exchange.

2 hours ago, 1032004 said:

Not really, a lot of these guys have been around awhile with similar types of crazy results.  

It was just that they were all well behind Spencer Lee (and to a lesser extent Vito/Glory), well until last year’s semis that is.

yeah i'm at home with it just being the illusion of order. What do you think I thought, Lee was behind the scenes maintaining order with mobster like coercion. 

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

4 minutes ago, Hammerlock3 said:

yeah i'm at home with it just being the illusion of order. What do you think I thought, Lee was behind the scenes maintaining order with mobster like coercion. 

The best part about all this is now everyone that beats Matt Ramos or who beats someone that beats Matt Ramos can say they’re better than Spencer Lee!

1 minute ago, 1032004 said:

The best part about all this is now everyone that beats Matt Ramos or who beats someone that beats Matt Ramos can say they’re better than Spencer Lee!

its kind of funny to imagine Lee yelling at Ramos, "WHERES THE TOUGH GUY THAT RUINDED MY CAREER?!?! HIGH SCHOOLERS?!??! Fing high schoolers?!?!?!

• Haha 2

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."