Jump to content

Border Wars


Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, Scouts Honor said:

The first offense is a misdemeanor according to the Immigration and Nationality Act of 1965, which prohibits non-nationals from entering or attempting to enter the United States at any time or place which has not been designated by an immigration officer, and also prohibits non-nationals from eluding inspection by ...

You're talking about 2 different things. It is a criminal offense if you try to hop the border fence and are caught doing so. 

Just merely being present in this country without authorization or something is a civil offense. 

  • Brain 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Tripnsweep said:

You're talking about 2 different things. It is a criminal offense if you try to hop the border fence and are caught doing so. 

Just merely being present in this country without authorization or something is a civil offense. 

ok, so what are YOU talking about.

WE

have been talking about people crossing the border.

 

other than over staying a visa, how does one become present in a country without crossing the border without being detected.

 

Edited by Scouts Honor
  • Bob 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Scouts Honor said:

ok, so what are YOU talking about.

WE

have been talking about people crossing the border.

 

You said we should arrest people who are not lawfully present as they are breaking the law. I pointed out that they are not committing a crime by merely being present. In order to prosecute somebody for a crime of illegally entering, whether that is climbing a border fence or something, they basically need to be caught doing it, or just after the fact. Some guy in the desert outside Ajo probably didn't come in on a tourist visa. Even then, they still need to prove you actually did it. Remember, people seeking asylum are not illegal immigrants. They are wanting to come here so they don't get murdered. 

  • Clown 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Tripnsweep said:

You said we should arrest people who are not lawfully present as they are breaking the law. I pointed out that they are not committing a crime by merely being present. In order to prosecute somebody for a crime of illegally entering, whether that is climbing a border fence or something, they basically need to be caught doing it, or just after the fact. Some guy in the desert outside Ajo probably didn't come in on a tourist visa. Even then, they still need to prove you actually did it. Remember, people seeking asylum are not illegal immigrants. They are wanting to come here so they don't get murdered. 

i said: anyone here illegally already committed a crime

you immediately poo poohed the crime

i didn't say they should be arrested.. though perhaps that isn't a bad idea...might deter a few, if they have to be inconvenienced and processed... so as to catch them a second time which isn't just a misdemeanor.

 

also remember seeking asylum doesn't work the way we are allowing it to happen

 

  • Bob 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Scouts Honor said:

i said: anyone here illegally already committed a crime

you immediately poo poohed the crime

i didn't say they should be arrested.. though perhaps that isn't a bad idea...might deter a few, if they have to be inconvenienced and processed... so as to catch them a second time which isn't just a misdemeanor.

 

also remember seeking asylum doesn't work the way we are allowing it to happen

 

Anyone here without proper documents has not committed a crime. A civil offense, yes, not a criminal one. You are aware there is a difference?

  • Brain 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Tripnsweep said:

Anyone here without proper documents has not committed a crime. A civil offense, yes, not a criminal one. You are aware there is a difference?

unbelievable. simply unbelievable. 

TBD

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, braves121 said:

Hey Willie, how has this immigrant crisis personally affected you? 

it hasn't, directly.

what's your point. 

does something have to effect someone personally for them to stand against something wrong? 

  • Bob 3

TBD

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Maybe, and I'm just spit balling here, but maybe the point is we could go on all day and talk about the atrocities committed by illeagel immigrants, legal immigrants, born citizens, white, black, hispanic, etc etc etc.   But nothing is going to get done as long as we only worry about the small pieces of the puzzle our 'leaders' on our side tell us to be mad about...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, WrestlingRasta said:

Maybe, and I'm just spit balling here, but maybe the point is we could go on all day and talk about the atrocities committed by illeagel immigrants, legal immigrants, born citizens, white, black, hispanic, etc etc etc.   But nothing is going to get done as long as we only worry about the small pieces of the puzzle our 'leaders' on our side tell us to be mad about...

serial rapists and murderers are getting through unscathed. and known terrorists. 

this has nothing to do with 'the left says this and the right says that'

it's common ***ducking** sense, which a freakish proportion of this country obviously doesn't have. 

  • Brain 1

TBD

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Husker_Du said:

serial rapists and murderers are getting through unscathed. and known terrorists. 

this has nothing to do with 'the left says this and the right says that'

it's common ***ducking** sense, which a freakish proportion of this country obviously doesn't have. 

Including our mush brained President. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/18/2024 at 12:46 PM, Husker_Du said:

it hasn't, directly.

what's your point. 

does something have to effect someone personally for them to stand against something wrong? 

Husker, you are right and wrong.  Of course you are right that one doesn't have to be directly or personally affected to have a valid opinion and the moral authority to speak about something.  I haven't been murdered yet but I am against it.  I guess that makes me a bigoted murderphobe.

You are wrong that you have not been directly affected by illegal aliens.  Everyone is affected by illegal aliens being here when tax money is spent to accommodate them.  Those are dollars our grandchildren will have to pay back with interest. 

  • Brain 1
  • Jagger 1
  • Stalling 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...