Border Wars

On 4/18/2024 at 12:46 PM, Husker_Du said:

it hasn't, directly.

what's your point. 

does something have to effect someone personally for them to stand against something wrong? 

I just wanted to know if there was a big reason for your outrage with this situation. Do you share the same anger or resentment towards gop leaders that kill a border control bill and use tax dollars to continually bus and fly migrants around to other States  as you do democratic leaders who use tax money to help migrants? With the GOP policy of using tax money to shuttle migrants around you could argue that this causes more illegal immigrants to come  because they know once they hit Texas they know that the state or another state will just pay to ship them.

Edited by braves121
  • Clown 1

1 hour ago, Scouts Honor said:

lol a border control bill that ASSURED more immigration than has ever come in.

So the way our border is now is better in your eyes if you oppose the bill?

the border is shit.

why did biden sue to stop texas from doing his job?

why did biden undo trump policies... and then reinstate many.

the border 'security' bill ensures that we take in a certain number every year. i dont remember for certain the number... but it was higher than at any time in history.. even these last few years...

• Bob 1

On 4/20/2024 at 12:20 PM, braves121 said:

I just wanted to know if there was a big reason for your outrage with this situation. Do you share the same anger or resentment towards gop leaders that kill a border control bill and use tax dollars to continually bus and fly migrants around to other States  as you do democratic leaders who use tax money to help migrants? With the GOP policy of using tax money to shuttle migrants around you could argue that this causes more illegal immigrants to come  because they know once they hit Texas they know that the state or another state will just pay to ship them.

you're either ignorant on the subject or disingenuous. 

i ain't wasting my time. 

• Bob 3

TBD

On 4/20/2024 at 3:20 PM, braves121 said:

Outrage is the reason. Blame and being the victim while not outwardly saying they are a victim, because their side is not the ones that are snowflake victims. 

21 minutes ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

Outrage is the reason. Blame and being the victim while not outwardly saying they are a victim, because their side is not the ones that are snowflake victims. 

😂🤣  This is priceless...you complaining about someone acting like a victim....you can't make this stuff up

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

Says the guy that loves playing the victim 

1 hour ago, Tripnsweep said:

Supremacy clause of the US constitution. That's why. 

Dems controlled the house, senate and Oval Office for two years and did nothing.  Now that trump wants to run on the border now they all of sudden care. Oh and using tax dollars to bus them to sanctuary cities saves them money when compared to paying for everything. 

• Bob 1

On 4/20/2024 at 2:20 PM, braves121 said:

Is your outrage the same for dems that had total control for Bidens first two years and did nothing about the border???  Wouldn’t be in this situation if they did. 

• Bob 1
  • Brain 1

2 hours ago, Scouts Honor said:

ok... so why doesn't he do the job then...

What is that exactly? Unless you stationed the military at the border with orders to shoot on sight, the wet dream of a bunch of people here, you aren't going to stop people who are coming here out of desperation. 

When I hear the usual prattle about "shut the border", that tells me those people don't know what they are talking about. Doing that would cause significant and irreparable financial harm to a lot of people. Economies would crash almost overnight.

Let's be honest, this isn't about drugs or crime. This is about blaming immigrants for problems that existed before they were blamed and the opportunity to shit on people who can't really do anything. 

• Brain 1
  • Clown 1

2 hours ago, Tripnsweep said:

What is that exactly? Unless you stationed the military at the border with orders to shoot on sight, the wet dream of a bunch of people here, you aren't going to stop people who are coming here out of desperation. 

When I hear the usual prattle about "shut the border", that tells me those people don't know what they are talking about. Doing that would cause significant and irreparable financial harm to a lot of people. Economies would crash almost overnight.

Let's be honest, this isn't about drugs or crime. This is about blaming immigrants for problems that existed before they were blamed and the opportunity to shit on people who can't really do anything. 

so you are saying slavery is good?

but anyway, texas had the border shut down... biden sued to stop it.

and this isn't trump.

I have been complaining about the border since I became aware.... probably around 1985

im naive.. but you know... 

but it is about border security... otherwise.. why would the dems have named the bill that?

• Bob 1

3 hours ago, Tripnsweep said:

It absolutely is about drugs. Oh and child trafficking too. There’s not one person on here that’s against immigration.  As long as it’s done legally 

4 hours ago, JimmyBT said:

It absolutely is about drugs. Oh and child trafficking too. There’s not one person on here that’s against immigration.  As long as it’s done legally 

Most drugs enter through legal ports of entry. You would have to close it entirely to stop drugs. That will never happen because of capitalism. Child trafficking happens the same. You'd have to close legal points of entry and not let anyone come here at all. 

Tell me again how you don't know what you're talking about.

6 hours ago, Scouts Honor said:

so you are saying slavery is good?

but anyway, texas had the border shut down... biden sued to stop it.

and this isn't trump.

I have been complaining about the border since I became aware.... probably around 1985

im naive.. but you know... 

but it is about border security... otherwise.. why would the dems have named the bill that?

Weird because I live in a state that borders it and nobody complained until it was politically expedient to do so. Easy to blame the ills of society on people who have no voice. 

• Clown 1

12 minutes ago, Tripnsweep said:

Weird because I live in a state that borders it and nobody complained until it was politically expedient to do so. Easy to blame the ills of society on people who have no voice. 

Operation Wetback was conducted during the Eisenhower administration.  Tell me you don’t know what you’re talking about without telling me you don’t know what you’re talking about.  

• Brain 1
  • Fire 1

33 minutes ago, Tripnsweep said:

Most drugs enter through legal ports of entry. You would have to close it entirely to stop drugs. That will never happen because of capitalism. Child trafficking happens the same. You'd have to close legal points of entry and not let anyone come here at all. 

Tell me again how you don't know what you're talking about.

Most is anything over 50% right? And you only know about what they actually stop. 

Edited by JimmyBT

28 minutes ago, Tripnsweep said:

Nobody complained.  That is a flat out bullshit lie 

2 hours ago, JimmyBT said:

Nobody complained.  That is a flat out bullshit lie 

I'm sure some people complained, but it wasn't a concern that many people had a thing with. It was mostly like, ok it happens, people come here to wash dishes and pick fruit, good for them. It isn't like people are crossing the border to take high paying jobs. 

Personally I don't know why it's even a big deal. It's just convenient politically to demonize people you don't like who don't have any way of fighting back.