Michigan PSU, sorry couldn't find old topic.

Rag has been my favorite Michigan guy to watch.  It was a great match literally could have gone either way.

Lewan on the other hand...I didn't know how he expects to win matches against top guys... So frustrating to watch him

• Fire 1

6 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Not with the number 1 losing to the number 2.

A #2 with 3 losses.   Davis was only low because his best win was Kaylor.  So he gets another good win tonight, although I just noticed Flo actually had DeAugustino down at 17 (lower than Kaylor), but Intermat had him at 5.   Flo must be “counting” his injury default to Ungar…although that was a third period default while losing right?

2 minutes ago, PSULou64 said:

Davis needs another top ten win before I would even think of ranking him 1, unless he beats one of the current top 3 guys.  That plus being undefeated would probably be enough.

I hope he never gets the number 1 ranking this season.

As soon as they get the number 1 ranking, they lose.

15 minutes ago, BIGTENFANBOY said:

I would say

1. Ramos

2. Stanich

3. Ayala

4. Barnet

5. Davis

6. DeAugustino

7. Volk

Davis has a better resume than Barnett for sure.  2 losses and his only good win is Flynn.

Davis and Stanich’s are comparable IMO.  Stanich’s wins are slightly better (Barnett, Flynn, Ungar), but has a loss.

Putting Ramos 1 is really just giving him credit for last year.

3 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Davis has a better resume than Barnett for sure.  2 losses and his only good win is Flynn.

Davis and Stanich’s are comparable IMO.  Stanich’s wins are slightly better (Barnett, Flynn, Ungar), but has a loss.

Did I not see Ramos just knock off #1 in a place that is a verb?

9 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Im using the intermat rankings as a baseline. Plus i dont want Davis to be ranked number 1. Its been a curse this uear and PSU has been cursed enough at this weight over the years.

Edited by BIGTENFANBOY

14 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Did I not see Ramos just knock off #1 in a place that is a verb?

Sure and really his only other good official win is Peterson, and Noto if we’re counting the All Star, with those latter 2 losing to guys that have a combined 15 losses.

On 1/18/2024 at 12:25 PM, TylerDurden said:

You definitely did that. 😆

If these are the actual matches, PSU has a non-zero chance of shutting them out. Do I think a shutout will happen? No, I do not. Would I be completely shocked? No, I would not. 

It would be one of the most impressive things I've seen in college wrestling if PSU would shut out a team with as many good wrestlers as Michigan. 

We didn't get these matchups....but that was damn impressive from PSU. 

Lemley was impressive in defeat and Ragusin looked good for Michigan. 

1 hour ago, 1032004 said:

A #2 with 3 losses.   Davis was only low because his best win was Kaylor.  So he gets another good win tonight, although I just noticed Flo actually had DeAugustino down at 17 (lower than Kaylor), but Intermat had him at 5.   Flo must be “counting” his injury default to Ungar…although that was a third period default while losing right?

1 hour ago, BIGTENFANBOY said:

I would say

1. Ramos

2. Stanich

3. Ayala

4. Barnet

5. Davis

6. DeAugustino

7. Volk

Kaylor also beat Ayala this year so with another L on the resume I would think undefeated Davis has to be ahead of Ayala 

2 hours ago, bnwtwg said:

Now THIS is a spicy 🌶️ hot 🔥 take! 👀

True dark horse 🐎 imo 🏆

At best he's a neutral-colored horse. KOT has beaten Amine 5-3 and 6-0 which up until last night was as much as anybody could do against him. What MM did to him showed that he's on another level. It's even crazier when you consider that it wasn't really as close as the 12-1 scoreline made it out to be, if Rivera called it correctly MM would have stalled him out. 

• Fire 1

28 minutes ago, buckshot said:

At best he's a neutral-colored horse. KOT has beaten Amine 5-3 and 6-0 which up until last night was as much as anybody could do against him. What MM did to him showed that he's on another level. It's even crazier when you consider that it wasn't really as close as the 12-1 scoreline made it out to be, if Rivera called it correctly MM would have stalled him out. 

On that note, can we talk about how passive Michigan was? I realize PSU is really good - I even suggested they could shut Michigan out if they wrestled all their guys, and they damn near did anyway - but in the majority of matches it felt like we were watching paint dry because the Michigan guy was blocking and refusing to engage. 

Ragusin and Lemley actually wrestled to win and you can probably include Bullock, but man, the rest weren't doing much even when their corner was begging them to try something. 

Rivera was being kind to the Wolverines, IMO. 

• Fire 2