Cliff Keen Las Vegas Wrestling Invitational

Idaho

2 minutes ago, ionel said:

Well if following your dad's advice you'd never bet, you seem to be willing to ignore his advise.  😉

Nice to see that you understood my sentences, my friend. 

WOWZA!!!!!!!

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

125 - McHenry has a good chance of getting to the QF.  Wrestlestat has him beating Ferri of Kent State 10-5 and there is nothing in Ferri's results that make me think that McHenry is the dog here.  He is a distinct underdog to Kaylor should they meet.  McHenry's concerns have always been size and length.

133 - Ragusin got me legit thinking he is the dog in that 3-6 matchup.  The Mendez match has me worried.  I know Ragusin is chomping at the bit for a rematch with McGee.  I hope he gets it and not in the consis.  I am picking Ragusin to lose to Arujau in the finals, but I do think it ends up being much more competitive than folks think.  His QF and Semi matches will be absokite dogfights.

141 - Honestly Mattin as the 1 seed surprised me a bit.  Hardy and Vasquez aren't what I would call underdogs to him - I see the match being a grind for whomever makes it out.  He has been lit, though, and I am picking him to make the finals and to beat Cornella there.

149 - I think this ends up being Lamer's coming out party.  I think he thrills enroute to losing to Sasso in the finals.

157 - I don't see Lewan beating a healthy Coleman in the semis.  I do see Scott beating Coleman and Lewan beating Scott, though.  Then I see Lewan and Robb having a Lewan-esque match and Robb coming out on top this time.

165 - Unsure who they send, I assume Mattin.  He just isn't bug enough for the grind here.  A match or two win is possible, but depends on the draw.

174 - Walker at the 11?  Easy money to outplace that.  He will have a size (and speed) advantage on Conigliaro and nobody knows how good Romero will be yet.  Taking my shot and saying Walker makes the finals.  Lewis will destroy him - very bad match for Walker there.

184 - Finesilver has two of the three matchups possible here in which he will just be too horsed to compete.  Hidlay is more of a brute and it will show.  He can compete with PK, I think, the match just isn't going to happen, though.  A 4th place finish is not out of the question.

197 - Bullock drawn in here?  With the onky two I don't think he can competr with are Trumble and Sloan, the 1 and 2.  He could go 0-2, though.  This field is deep.  If it is anybody other than Bullock I expect a winless weekend at 197.

285 - Parris will take 1st.

• Fire 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

1 hour ago, nhs67 said:

125 - McHenry has a good chance of getting to the QF.  Wrestlestat has him beating Ferri of Kent State 10-5 and there is nothing in Ferri's results that make me think that McHenry is the dog here.  He is a distinct underdog to Kaylor should they meet.  McHenry's concerns have always been size and length.

I forget if teams can send two competitors at a couple weights if they are not in RS? Do you think we see both UM 125s if they are allowed?

i am an idiot on the internet

1 hour ago, bnwtwg said:

I forget if teams can send two competitors at a couple weights if they are not in RS? Do you think we see both UM 125s if they are allowed?

I am not sure.  Medley might have been preseeded in that scenario 

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

26 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

Time will show Cornella is ranked too low.  I think Job Greenwood can make some noise for Wyoming @ 141 this year, now would be a good time to start.

Did you happen to notice that Flo, in their lightweight (in more ways than one!) preview, picked Cornella to win @ 141?  Crazy talk.

141 Predictions: 1) Cornella 2) Jack 3) D’Emilio 4) Crook