Couldn’t Happen to a Better, I Mean, More Contemptible Guy

36 minutes ago, ionel said:

I know nothing about this issue but who is "they?"  According to the statement posted: 

"In case you missed it, Georgia has confirmed 17,852 INVALID votes ... "  

Am assuming Georgia is a state not a person so it should be very easy to confirm whether the state of Georgia did in fact confirm this quantity of invalid votes.  

The "they" here is specifically the person tweeting, apparently named Cari Keleman, but also more generally the Rs and MAGA faithful engaging in ejection denialism who lose at every turn when their claims are subjected to even the slightest scrutiny, let alone in a courtroom. 

2 hours ago, Offthemat said:

Perfect.  Posters making derogatory comments about the guy who was persecuted for making derogatory remarks that caused more people to make deragatory remarks

Prosecuted. Not persecuted. And found guilty. Very, very, very guilty. He tried his hardest to ruin these people's lives. I have no empathy for him at all.

What is it about him that causes you to have empathy for him?

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

20 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

You are assuming they said that.  They didn't.

How do you know what someone didn't say?  Then hold their office accountable for leaking false info or the "reporter" accountable for making up false info. 

21 minutes ago, ionel said:

How do you know what someone didn't say?  Then hold their office accountable for leaking false info or the "reporter" accountable for making up false info. 

It is crazy.  Question is whether it is crazy enough to be true.  Much like an end of the world prognostication, we’ll find out this week.

3 hours ago, ionel said:

Then it should be easy to prove that this:

Screenshot_20231216-092509_Chrome.jpg.6f9fea673a3511989992857edff93119.jpg

is fake and there is no meeting next week.  Whoever is reporting this fake news should be held accountable. 

To what end?  You'll already have people who only see the first "report" and never see or care about any follow up.  Then, even what nothing happens (a quick glance at the Georgia legislative calendar shows that it's out of session and has no public meetings scheduled until late May).  The first place I can find that posted the above is "The Leading Report" which can also be found discussed here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fake_news_websites

And then, even when it's all disproven (again) you'll just have people say something like:  

Well, it doesn’t help their chances when evidence is deleted, lost, bleached, redacted, misplaced, etc. Every. Single. Time.

Or you could have someone post  like 65 Tweets and say "disprove them all" and who has the time or inclination to do that when we're living lives?  False information is so much easier to propogate than truth because it can just be made up whole cloth without anything backing it up; it takes 3 seconds.  Doing the research to disprove things can take hours or days.  So there's no "winning" these discussions, especially with people who have no interest in looking at what's actually happening.  But, when it goes in front of the people who have the time, wherewithal, and resources to look at it, vet it, and put it under scrutiny, it loses every time.  Which, instead of causing any introspection, just lead us back to:

Well, it doesn’t help their chances when evidence is deleted, lost, bleached, redacted, misplaced, etc. Every. Single. Time.

Which of course is offered with no evidence even of that.  And on and on.

2 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Prosecuted. Not persecuted. And found guilty. Very, very, very guilty. He tried his hardest to ruin these people's lives. I have no empathy for him at all.

What is it about him that causes you to have empathy for him?

Notwithstanding your Constitutional Law expertise, I disagree.  By the way, your judge in this case has been Congressionally referred for ethics violations. 

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, VakAttack said:

To what end?  You'll already have people who only see the first "report" and never see or care about any follow up.  Then, even what nothing happens (a quick glance at the Georgia legislative calendar shows that it's out of session and has no public meetings scheduled until late May).  The first place I can find that posted the above is "The Leading Report" which can also be found discussed here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fake_news_websites

And then, even when it's all disproven (again) you'll just have people say something like:  

Or you could have someone post  like 65 Tweets and say "disprove them all" and who has the time or inclination to do that when we're living lives?  False information is so much easier to propogate than truth because it can just be made up whole cloth without anything backing it up; it takes 3 seconds.  Doing the research to disprove things can take hours or days.  So there's no "winning" these discussions, especially with people who have no interest in looking at what's actually happening.  But, when it goes in front of the people who have the time, wherewithal, and resources to look at it, vet it, and put it under scrutiny, it loses every time.  Which, instead of causing any introspection, just lead us back to:

Which of course is offered with no evidence even of that.  And on and on.

I’m saying that took 3+ minutes, and contains no evidence.  Another pot/kettle posting.  

• Fire 1

2 hours ago, Offthemat said:

Notwithstanding your Constitutional Law expertise, I disagree.  By the way, your judge in this case has been Congressionally referred for ethics violations. 

What do you disagree with? Do you think he is not guilty? Even Giuliani thinks Giuliani is guilty as evidenced by his admission that his statements were false and actionable.

I am struggling to understand why you like to say dumb stuff all the time.

• Haha 1

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

4 hours ago, Offthemat said:

I’m saying that took 3+ minutes, and contains no evidence.  Another pot/kettle posting.  

I'm not putting forth anything that requires evidence, so what evidence would you have liked?  Every sentence written doesn't requiree evidence, however if you're making factual claims on things you don't have personal knowledge of, it's on you to provide evidence to back it up...as the election deniers have repearedly failed to do for just over three yeara now.  I swear, you try so hard to sound intelligent by repeating things you've seen others say as if it's a gotcha, but you just look foolish.

• Fire 1