Maybe a dumb question, why is lee going to senior nationals?

Hammerlock3

Maybe he just wants freestyle matches? Just seems a little odd sense these days at that level you just check the qualified box and go back the basement. is there some tactical reason? seeding? eating up a qualifying spot for someone else?

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

Perhaps a little of both.   If he feels his knees are good, then he needs to test them.  Perhaps he also wants to actually finish some tourneys since he didn't a few high profile times.  

I'm guessing this is getting matches in and getting some lung back.   Or he just wants to kick butt and take names.   Or both. 

mspart

• Fire 1

2 minutes ago, MPhillips said:

Doesn't this seem like the obvious conclusion? Matches without the overseas travel at this point...

I'm not arguing nor am I being frivolous here...

yeah that might be it, but thats more of a high school mentality than a college or senior level mentality.

Given his history of injury, you'd think they wouldn't spam matches, but maybe he's just pissed off?

8 minutes ago, Hammerlock3 said:

yeah that might be it, but thats more of a high school mentality than a college or senior level mentality.

Given his history of injury, you'd think they wouldn't spam matches, but maybe he's just pissed off?

Spencer and co. have seemingly always believed he needs live matches to get going. If he wrestles here, at an international tournament in January or February, and then nothing till the OTT, he will have wrestled 13-14 matches over the college months, which I think is a good plan for him.

• Fire 1

4 minutes ago, Hammerlock3 said:

but thats more of a high school mentality than a college or senior level mentality.

How many FS matches has he wrestled since he's been a senior level team member?

I'm getting the impression that you are asking questions that you already know the answers to...

2 minutes ago, MPhillips said:

How many FS matches has he wrestled since he's been a senior level team member?

I'm getting the impression that you are asking questions that you already know the answers to...

no i'm just trying to figure out if there is an angle i'm missing, even if it makes me look dumber.

Just now, Hammerlock3 said:

no i'm just trying to figure out if there is an angle i'm missing, even if it makes me look dumber.

Fair enough. But when you get a response you immediately want to challenge it. It seems very argumentative just for the sake of being argumentative. 

Appreciate the response. I'll move on...

• Fire 1

4 minutes ago, MPhillips said:

Fair enough. But when you get a response you immediately want to challenge it. It seems very argumentative just for the sake of being argumentative. 

Appreciate the response. I'll move on...

yeah i have personality flaws.

1 hour ago, 1032004 said:

I would think it could be partially to try to block others from qualifying.  How many qualify from Senior Nats and who else do we expect to attend that isn’t qualified?  Saw Suriano is now registered 

Remember Zeke blocking Sammy Henson in 96, I think? Sammy trying to qualify fot OTT at a regional, I think it was his last oppurtunity...Zeke knew this, showed up at regional, beat Sammy to keep him out of trials

Is must say, and I cannot stress enough, that just because someone is entered it does not mean they show.

There are fee tiers to signing up.  The longer you wait the more it costs, correct?  Free until a certain date, then a fee, the a higher fee in-person.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

8 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Remember Zeke blocking Sammy Henson in 96, I think? Sammy trying to qualify fot OTT at a regional, I think it was his last oppurtunity...Zeke knew this, showed up at regional, beat Sammy to keep him out of trials

This is why people already qualified can no longer entet last-chance.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

2 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

This is why people already qualified can no longer entet last-chance.

Yeah, at that time the "last chance" was a USA Regional with cadets, junior, espoir, senior.  Anyone could enter.  It wasn't officially a last chance, but it was the last qualifying tourney on the schedule.  But I definitely get your point.

15 hours ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Yeah, at that time the "last chance" was a USA Regional with cadets, junior, espoir, senior.  Anyone could enter.  It wasn't officially a last chance, but it was the last qualifying tourney on the schedule.  But I definitely get your point.

They used to have 3 or 4 of them. Now they are down to 1. Kinda sad actually. You'd think USA Wrestling would want more people participating.