PSU vs Lehigh

Pinnacle

10 minutes ago, Pinnacle said:

Wrestlestat has PSU shutting the Mountain Hawks out by a score of 36-0. I think both Stanich and Crookham have to be close to a toss up match at 125 and 133. After that it gets rough. With CKLV no one will be watching outside of the die hards. 

I would think Crookham should be slight favorite even at Rec Hall.

Crookham looks like a dude that is pulling a gigantic amount of weight. If they start at 125, he might be looking a bit rough, that soon off the scale.

Hines, unless he can control himself, will put him right in Bartlett's counter-attack wheelhouse. This could be a 4-2 match or another MD for Bartlett.

Brooks could MD Beard, too.

I expect bonus at 149, 157, 165, 174, 184, 197 and 285 if everyone goes. I could also see PSU training through this and maybe looking a bit sloppy.

31 minutes ago, Le duke said:

Crookham looks like a dude that is pulling a gigantic amount of weight. If they start at 125, he might be looking a bit rough, that soon off the scale.

Hines, unless he can control himself, will put him right in Bartlett's counter-attack wheelhouse. This could be a 4-2 match or another MD for Bartlett.

Brooks could MD Beard, too.

I expect bonus at 149, 157, 165, 174, 184, 197 and 285 if everyone goes. I could also see PSU training through this and maybe looking a bit sloppy.

Kerk already wrestled the heavy from Lehigh at journeyman and it was a 6-1 match 

Cael is often magnanimous in who takes the mat and tends to give overmatched opponents a chance to put up a few pts.   Could see that here.   133 might be the best match of the night.

Have not studied it, but Penn might have more chances to win matches against Iowa that Lehigh does against PSU.

1 hour ago, Elevator said:

Have not studied it, but Penn might have more chances to win matches against Iowa that Lehigh does against PSU.

Penn is favored in two matches and there are 3 or 4 other matches some folks would would considee toss-ups.

There is one, maybe two toss-ups if Davis doesn't go at 125.  Penn State is a heavy favorite at every other weight.

Penn has a better chance to win 4 matches against Iowa than Lehigh does to win two against Penn State.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

17 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Penn is favored in two matches and there are 3 or 4 other matches some folks would would considee toss-ups.

There is one, maybe two toss-ups if Davis doesn't go at 125.  Penn State is a heavy favorite at every other weight.

Penn has a better chance to win 4 matches against Iowa than Lehigh does to win two against Penn State.

Idk if Davis is a favorite over Stanich , that kid is the real deal 

28 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

I appreciate the analysis - hoping for some exciting matches!

1 hour ago, gimpeltf said:

I don't think JT Davis can make 125

Braeden Davis

1 hour ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Idk if Davis is a favorite over Stanich , that kid is the real deal 

Wrestlestat's ratings favor Davis.

Wouldn't be surprised to see at least one backup go for Penn State.  Maybe it's just me, but it feels like Cael does that a lot in duals that are not close 

I could see him sitting a Starocci or Kerk type guy.

They’d get in a better day’s work at an NLWC practice with Nolf or Varner, respectively.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, Le duke said:

I could see him sitting a Starocci or Kerk type guy.

They’d get in a better day’s work at an NLWC practice with Nolf or Varner, respectively.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But there is always the possibility that he doesn't want them to get a tougher workout.  Taylor talked about how he never had a rest day until he went to PSU.

(also, I just realized the fact that Nolf and Starocci probably don't wrestle each other very often these days...)

Edited by Interviewed_at_Weehawken

12 hours ago, Elevator said:

Cael is often magnanimous in who takes the mat and tends to give overmatched opponents a chance to put up a few pts.   Could see that here.   133 might be the best match of the night.

Maybe, but it wasn't that long ago that they shut Lehigh out and nearly shut them out in individual match points!

9 hours ago, flyingcement said:

Wouldn't be surprised to see at least one backup go for Penn State.  Maybe it's just me, but it feels like Cael does that a lot in duals that are not close 

Well they won’t have any close duals with their starting lineup, so…

Does Lehigh do the shuffle-bump?

McGonagle to 141 and Hines to 149?  Or does McGonagle have to go 149?

I don't think it is foregone that McGonagle beats Hines for he spot at 141.

Or Crookham for that matter.

I think all three are comparable.