Republican Oversight Committee rejects Hunter Biden's request to give his testimony in public

VakAttack

Like he became a dictator last time.   Like he was even close to it or attempted any sort of action.  When it came to it, he left and let Biden come in.  The national guard did not need to be called out, the Army was not put on notice, Secret Service was not alerted or anyone else involved in trying to stop Trump from becoming a dictator.   One of the most ridiculous accusations I've ever heard.  

Again, I hope Trump is not the candidate and I hope that Biden bows out.   My hopes will be dashed I'm sure. 

mspart

• Fire 1

27 minutes ago, mspart said:

Like he became a dictator last time.   Like he was even close to it or attempted any sort of action.  When it came to it, he left and let Biden come in.  The national guard did not need to be called out, the Army was not put on notice, Secret Service was not alerted or anyone else involved in trying to stop Trump from becoming a dictator.   One of the most ridiculous accusations I've ever heard.  

Again, I hope Trump is not the candidate and I hope that Biden bows out.   My hopes will be dashed I'm sure. 

mspart

Huh?

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

4 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

To some he is not in any way ‘political opposition’. To some he is simply a former President who tried to become a dictator, and failed, so now he must pay the price. 

Tried to become a dictator?  By exercising his rights using the electoral process?  Insurrection by election?  

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

To some he is not in any way ‘political opposition’. To some he is simply a former President who tried to become a dictator, and failed, so now he must pay the price. 

Actually, then again, some are his political opposition, and….well….see above.

And then again, some, way way too few but some, were actually his politicos partners at one point, but then he tried to become a dictator, ane…..well …..see above. 

7 hours ago, Plasmodium said:

Interesting that Congress is going to blur the faces of people to prevent their potential prosecution.  Bet they wouldn't do that for BLM!  Two tiered system of justice?

Correction....MAGA is going to blur the faces.  After screaming and yelling to us for years who was 'really' in the crowd.   Flocks are gonna flock....

• Haha 1

It's cute the lengths some will reach in their 'yeah but'.   Redacted documents are a very, very regular thing, and have been for a long time.  

Members of congress crying for years and screaming "it was someone else it was someone else, and we're going to prove it with the video.....but we're going to blur out the faces" is not so common.   

MAGA!!!

Edited by WrestlingRasta

15 hours ago, jross said:

@ThreePointTakedown ...didn't stop them the first time they voted for him. 

I could not get over his character and did not vote for him in 2016.  After witnessing everything since 2016 and given Biden/Trump choice for 2024, Trump is the only choice for me.  

@ThreePointTakedown ...not really

Yes, really.

@ThreePointTakedown ...categorically wrong

Statistic probability with a margin of error speaks to me.

@ThreePointTakedown  ...for some reason this is true. why do you think that is?

Outside of the Covid 9 response, my well-being was the best I can recall and I was proud of my country.

@ThreePointTakedown  ...what point are you trying to make?

How does the three branches of the US government allow for a dictator?  What do you think about how Trump was called a dictator for his executive orders in 2016 in comparison to those made by Biden in 2020?   Are they both dictators?

@ThreePointTakedown  ...what, in your opinion, needs to be drained, as of now? 

The swamp is the people with entrenched interests, bureaucracy, and corruption.  The swamp smells like folks...

• serving three or more terms
  • that take money from lobbyists
  • and perform insider trades
  • while voting to increase spending without having first approved a budget
  • that bailout companies as if they are too big to fail
  • and insert pork into bills
  • while voting directly down party lines rather than what they believe
  • that do not support election holidays and secure elections
  • who refuse to perform audits and refuse to hold government organizations accountable
  • and don't act in ways that improve the well-being of its citizens

@ThreePointTakedown ...didn't stop them the first time they voted for him. 

I could not get over his character and did not vote for him in 2016.  After witnessing everything since 2016 and given Biden/Trump choice for 2024, Trump is the only choice for me.  

@ThreePointTakedown ...not really

Yes, really.

@ThreePointTakedown ...categorically wrong

Statistic probability with a margin of error speaks to me. which means, 'I have an emotional connection to believing this despite the evidence to the contrary'

@ThreePointTakedown  ...for some reason this is true. why do you think that is?

Outside of the Covid 9 response, my well-being was the best I can recall and I was proud of my country.

@ThreePointTakedown  ...what point are you trying to make?

How does the three branches of the US government allow for a dictator?  What do you think about how Trump was called a dictator for his executive orders in 2016 in comparison to those made by Biden in 2020?   Are they both dictators? You didn't answer the question but redirected to what-about-ism. To answer yours, #1. the judicial branch doesn't have teeth to enforce its rulings, ONE DOWN, the legislative could only impeach and 'remove from office',(the next one will cover why that doesn't matter" those of his party have made it painfully clear that they are in favor of him hurting the people they like seeing hurt, they won't impeach, TWO DOWN, executive branch runs the military, THAT'S ALL THREE. #2 the muslim ban, YES, DICTATOR! If you love religious freedom if its for your religion, that makes you a hypocrite. But are there other orders you are referring, please include and I will answer. #2b. You didn't mention ANY orders, include or don't ask the question, do your own homework! #3. No. Just the one. And I know you just read that and may have thought, 'right! Biden!' No, Trump is a wannabe dictator! He will lose. He will go to jail. Couldn't happen fast enough. 

@ThreePointTakedown  ...what, in your opinion, needs to be drained, as of now? 

The swamp is the people with entrenched interests, bureaucracy, and corruption.  The swamp smells like folks...

• serving three or more terms eh, maybe, but no evidence of pattern
  • that take money from lobbyists you're right, get money out of politics, overturn Citizens United. Couldn't agree more
  • and perform insider trades evidence first then, maybe
  • while voting to increase spending without having first approved a budget this one is a bit pedantic, raise taxes on people who could easily afford it so we can fund public schools and feed/home everyone, I agree!
  • that bailout companies as if they are too big to fail AGREED! split up the banks and google and (insert company that has too much power and influence due to its sheer enormity)
  • and insert pork into bills i can get behind this
  • while voting directly down party lines rather than what they believe I don't pretend to know what people think, nor should you, stay focused
  • that do not support election holidays and secure elections those are two different things, making it easier to engage in voting is one thing, making them more 'secure' is another. Let's get more people voting. Let's try 'rank-choice' that would help get rid of the clowns
  • who refuse to perform audits and refuse to hold government organizations accountable politically appointed positions can have too much influence, yes. but there are career civil servants that want nothing more than for the trains to run on time. let them work. agreed.
  • and don't act in ways that improve the well-being of its citizens the 'well-being' of citizens is a discussion I would very much enjoy having and is incredibly nuanced. If it were the goal of government to do THAT, I would be down

7 minutes ago, headshuck said:

Calling everyone that has a differing opinion than you MAGA is just dumb. I’m pointing out that freeze framed photos of every person in the videos will be problematic but I think they have no choice.

I don't call everyone who has a differing opinion MAGA....far from it.   I point out whenever I see someone parrotting MAGA style BS.   I will grant you, there is an awful lot of it to call out.

• Fire 1

LOL..."Trump tried to become a dictator"...man people are coocoo.  I can't stand Trump but that is absolutely ridiculous.  Almost as ridiculous as people who use the term "MAGA" as an insult...especially by those who most of the time are pretty logical posters.

Anyway, if Trump is guilty I hope justice is served...if HB is guilty I hope justice is served.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

• while voting directly down party lines rather than what they believe I don't pretend to know what people think, nor should you, stay focused

Swamp!

Congress voted across lines in the 60s and stopped by the 90s. 

image.thumb.png.f20b3607c57c5ee0bc9fafc557e4c907.png

pone.0123507_g001.thumb.png.842f50695a83e54b7d0375572cb10fa1.png

https://www.vox.com/2015/4/23/8485443/polarization-congress-visualization

https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0123507#sec008

• Fire 3

1 minute ago, jross said:

Still doesn't make your point. You still need to determine the motivation. Which you haven't. 

What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence. 

8 minutes ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

Still doesn't make your point. You still need to determine the motivation. Which you haven't. 

What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence. 

Is it possible that Congress really is in lockstep in aligned beliefs?  ...yes

Is it likely?

Are you swimming in the swamp right now?