Gabe Arnold

nhs67

1 hour ago, Eagle26 said:

Why would Gabe’s success be the primary focus? The team comes before any one individual. 

Unless we care about duals now, Vak’s statement is true for the team anyway.  Arnold probably only scores a few points at 184 this year, and then you lose a year from him

1 hour ago, Eagle26 said:

Why would Gabe’s success be the primary focus? The team comes before any one individual. 

The name of the game is recruiting and you get better results with champs and high AAs, and you do that by putting the best guys at their optimal weights, and the other guys fill in. I think Gabe Arnold has the potential to be special, whereas the evidence says Kennedy is good but not special.

4 hours ago, nhs67 said:

There books?  What are those?

No idea, one of my kids bought a book Fr year, never again, he was frugal found could borrow or check out from library.  No books needed.

Unless of course you are being the spelling/grammar police hear and if so ewe need too talk two Wkn.  🤨

Edited by ionel

10 hours ago, Eagle26 said:

10 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

It is interesting that you say that. I have heard a few PSU wrestlers say the coaching staff there builds around their individual goals.

There is nothing about these two statements that is necessarily contradictory.  Get guys in the right spots (for the team) and then coach them each to their fullest potential.  If everyone reaches their goals, you are going to have a successful team.

• Fire 1

7 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

How many techs does Starocci have in his career?

Are we talking the same Starocci that squeaked by Nelson Brands in a home meet?

He’s probably thinking the one that pinned Labs in NCAA finals last year or the one the just took Mekhi to the woodshed. 

12 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

He pinned Labriola. Come on, now you are doing a Jimmy Cinnabon tribute.

I'm no wrestling genius, but someone named Ben Askren (who knows scrambling) indicated that Labriola executed that scramble in an incorrect manner that led to the pinfall.

Its not like Starocci cranked him over with a bar or a power half.  Anyone who has wrestled has to admit that "Labs" did Starocci a favor.  We have all won matches like that, and most of us probably lost some.  It is what it is.

3:32

Edited by Interviewed_at_Weehawken

56 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

I'm no wrestling genius, but someone named Ben Askren (who knows scrambling) indicated that Labriola executed that scramble in an incorrect manner that led to the pinfall.

Its not like Starocci cranked him over with a bar or a power half.  Anyone who has wrestled has to admit that "Labs" did Starocci a favor.  We have all won matches like that, and most of us probably lost some.  It is what it is.

3:32

This is not a scramble. Labriola had been ridden for nearly a minute at that point. On the restart, he was trying to do something/anything against a guy who beat him in progressively more dominant fashion in every bout of their college careers, including a demoralizing defeat at the B1G championship less than two weeks before the NCAAs. 

Let's not frame this as if Labriola and Starocci were on level terms and one guy got caught. 

Back to the topic: Arnold isn't ready for Starocci, Twitter/X bravado aside. He might be able to keep the score closer than a tech fall by not engaging, holding and blocking - much like he did in the third period and most of the match against Feldkamp, but that doesn't mean the version we saw against Iowa State is in any way ready for Starocci. 

4 minutes ago, TylerDurden said:

This is not a scramble. Labriola had been ridden for nearly a minute at that point. On the restart, he was trying to do something/anything against a guy who beat him in progressively more dominant fashion in every bout of their college careers, including a demoralizing defeat at the B1G championship less than two weeks before the NCAAs. 

Let's not frame this as if Labriola and Starocci were on level terms and one guy got caught. 

Back to the topic: Arnold isn't ready for Starocci, Twitter/X bravado aside. He might be able to keep the score closer than a tech fall by not engaging, holding and blocking - much like he did in the third period and most of the match against Feldkamp, but that doesn't mean the version we saw against Iowa State is in any way ready for Starocci. 

🤣.

It WAS 100% a scramble.  Labriola flopped to his back out of desperation, trying to create a scamble to make something happen.  I agree he was frustrated and was trying to make something happen.  But it wasn't a turn for Starocci.  Just stop pretending it was!

On the other hand, I am fully in agreement that Arnold is not nearly ready for Starocci.  

• Fire 1

13 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

This just in. I read the wrong post on HR (blcoach80 is not his dad ao_coachpil is).

His dad thinks he is too small for 184 and gave him a B- for his match yesterday.

Changing my username to wrestlehashisheaduphisass

Username is already taken.

I was going to actually make it and it won't let me because it already exists.

• Fire 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me