Climate Hoax

Husker_Du

9 hours ago, billyhoyle said:

What doesn't make sense about CO2 absorbing IR radiation? You increase the concentration of CO2 in the atmosphere, you retain more heat on the planet.  It's a simple concept, but most people don't understand how molecular vibrations work. O2 and N2 do not absorb IR radiation btw. Hence why we are more and more ***ducked** as we increase CO2 concentration in the atmosphere. 

You can see the IR spectrum right here if you're curious:
https://webbook.nist.gov/cgi/cbook.cgi?ID=C124389&Type=IR-SPEC&Index=1

If you want to say we should move inland/north in the long term or build giant levees rather than decrease CO2 emission, sure I could see that argument. It might be more feasible to just say the state of Florida and current coastal areas on the east/west coast probably shouldn't be inhabited 200 years from now than it is to say we should stop burning fossil fuels (and somehow convince China/India to do the same thing).  But you can't really deny the premise that CO2 is heating the planet. 

that's all well and good but the brass tax is that all those electric vehicles are running on fossil fuels lol.

not to mention the rape of the earth, the run off pollution, and the virtual slave labor to acquire the materials that are then produced in a factory powered by fossil fuels to create a vehicle that...is powered by fossil fuels.

it's idiocy. 

• Bob 1

TBD

i was sold on this concept... of CO2 warming.

however. CO2 levels are sky high according to the hockey stick...

yet temps.. are not really keeping up.

i was also told nuclear winter was bad.

but here we are 'burning the sky', to block out the sun.

forgive the matrix reference

11 hours ago, billyhoyle said:

If you want to say we should move inland/north in the long term or build giant levees rather than decrease CO2 emission, sure I could see that argument. It might be more feasible to just say the state of Florida and current coastal areas on the east/west coast probably shouldn't be inhabited 200 years from now than it is to say we should stop burning fossil fuels (and somehow convince China/India to do the same thing).  But you can't really deny the premise that CO2 is heating the planet. 

yet, these climate people keep buying ocean front property

4 minutes ago, Lipdrag said:

news flash:  340 million Americans are in danger of experiencing a heat phenomenon tomorrow called "summer".  SUVs are to blame.

But are you saying the climate will change from Spring to Summer?  😯

16 hours ago, Husker_Du said:

that's all well and good but the brass tax is that all those electric vehicles are running on fossil fuels lol.

not to mention the rape of the earth, the run off pollution, and the virtual slave labor to acquire the materials that are then produced in a factory powered by fossil fuels to create a vehicle that...is powered by fossil fuels.

it's idiocy. 

I'm not going to disagree with you on any of that, or pretend to know what the right solution to the problem is.  But I will just say that it is undeniable that a greater CO2 concentration in the atmosphere is going to heat the planet, and the concentration of CO2 in the atmosphere has been increasing.  

So as long as we start from that point, and then ask what we should do about it (if anything), that is a discussion worth having.  But when people say that there is no climate change or they don't understand it, it is confusing to me because it is so simple and directly measurable.  You can measure the IR spectrum of a CO2 molecule. You can measure the concentration of CO2 in the atmosphere and get historical data from ice cores.  It's not really complicated. 

16 hours ago, Bigbrog said:

This is based on what historical length of data??

1. The concentration of CO2 in the atmosphere has been going up for years, so have global temperatures. 

2. CO2 absorbs IR radiation, causing it to release heat (due to the bonds vibrating, which you see from IR spectroscopy). 

3. Some of that heat goes back down to the earth, warming it.  

16 hours ago, Husker_Du said:

it's idiocy. 

WTF is brass tax? After that your post is blah, blah. 

Move aside, let's break this down.

• When making the change to alternative energy sources, it isn't a switch where one goes off and the other goes on.
  • There will always be a transitionary stage where we will be dependent on multiple energy sources.
    (How long EV's have been around yet charging stations still aren't close to being as universal as gas stations.)
  • Transitioning is needed to make significant change. Wake up to that reality and stop whining about it.

Your last post (above) was idiocy. 

Deal with the reality of what is actually happening as if you were an intelligent person.

Progress won't wait for you to catch up. 

• Clown 3

21 hours ago, RockLobster said:

• When making the change to alternative energy sources, it isn't a switch where one goes off and the other goes on.
  • There will always be a transitionary stage where we will be dependent on multiple energy sources.
    (How long EV's have been around yet charging stations still aren't close to being as universal as gas stations.)
  • Transitioning is needed to make significant change. Wake up to that reality and stop whining about it.

Deal with the reality of what is actually happening as if you were an intelligent person.

You’re all about transitioning.  Not surprising. 

• Bob 1

It's helped here in the PNW.   We are cool today and yesterday.   Temps were up into the low 80's fri and sat.   That map above is kind of funny.   We are just having weather.   East coast is having global warming.   My wife is headed to Boston and NH and is concerned about the heat wave.   Temps the next week will peak at 88F.   Highs this week will be in high 70s and low 80s for the most part.    That's unbelievably hot.   But its a wet heat so its worse.   Yeah, I lived in MN when it was 95F and 1000000% humidity.   Funny, I'm still hear typing away.  

mspart

• Bob 1

On 6/23/2024 at 1:34 PM, Scouts Honor said:

So Obama is the cause of California drought...

Sounds right. That does align with the Husker_Du expert opinion.

But what about Hilary? Maybe something we could find on her server?

On 6/22/2024 at 1:58 AM, RockLobster said:

Brass Tacks - Details of immediate practical importance.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

6 hours ago, RockLobster said:

So Obama is the cause of California drought...

Sounds right. That does align with the Husker_Du expert opinion.

But what about Hilary? Maybe something we could find on her server?

dont tell me climate change caused the 'drought' in california... when it was always dry.

they had to bring water in... shut that off...

blame climate change