PSU 125

lu_alum

Some interesting transitive results here.

Howard loses to Gallagher and Ryder.

Both of them lost to Army’s Charlie Farmer.

His only loss so far this year was to last year’s D3 national champ Joziah Fry (who spent time at Campbell and had some decent wins)

• Fire 2

13 hours ago, buckshot said:

Howard actually looked good in his first match but struggled in the next two. I'm not sure if it was because he's not good enough or because he hasn't competed in over a year and his conditioning isn't there to wrestle multiple matches in one day.

It just doesn't make sense. He was a blue-chip recruit who was a beast in HS so he shouldn't have lost to those guys unless there is something going on. 

19 hours ago, 1032004 said:

Well shoot you are correct.  It was @Antitroll2828 and yes that was a dumb statement, but mostly because I would say there’s not a single guy that’s a lock to AA at 125

19 hours ago, CHROMEBIRD said:

Still banged up, or just having too much fun out there?

20 hours ago, lu_alum said:

Sorry-ano curse live on, as Howard goes 1-2 at Journeyman.

"I really enjoyed the Robbie Howard is going to AA era."

Just a little fun fact for everyone who couldn’t wait to come at Robert Howard …on November 12, 2018 Anthony Caesar competed for the first time in 2 years and after 2 shoulder surgeries, in his second match  he was taken down 4 times and ridden like a mule in a 11-8 lose to Bucknells Garrett Hoffman 

also add Howard was only able to hit the mat and start rolling around Mid Summer , so I’d say there’s a substantial amount of rust he needs to work through , and I’m 100 percent positive Cael Sanderson is smarter than everyone on this forum when it comes to wrestling and I’m sure he knows what he’s doing 

pretty funny , did u wrestle in college post ? you see a bunch of people pointing out how hard wrestling is and how we shouldn’t come after guys so hard and the same people liking those posts put on their track shoes to run over here and hate on Howard in early November lol

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Just a little fun fact for everyone who couldn’t wait to come at Robert Howard …on November 12, 2018 Anthony Caesar competed for the first time in 2 years and after 2 shoulder surgeries, in his second match  he was taken down 4 times and ridden like a mule in a 11-8 lose to Bucknells Garrett Hoffman 

also add Howard was only able to hit the mat and start rolling around Mid Summer , so I’d say there’s a substantial amount of rust he needs to work through , and I’m 100 percent positive Cael Sanderson is smarter than everyone on this forum when it comes to wrestling and I’m sure he knows what he’s doing 

pretty funny , did u wrestle in college post ? you see a bunch of people pointing out how hard wrestling is and how we shouldn’t come after guys so hard and the same people liking those posts put on their track shoes to run over here and hate on Howard in early November lol

image.png.fbb9240f8c9089bffe0fa87d0df6bcbe.png

17 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Well in this same thread I said I still wouldn't be surprised if Howard made the finals.

But your comment was stupid because 125 is crazy deep this year (not weak, deep).  

16 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Well in this same thread I said I still wouldn't be surprised if Howard made the finals.

But your comment was stupid because 125 is crazy deep this year (not weak, deep).  

Also "Cael knows what he's doing" (for sure.)  It just might not involved Robbie Howard, whom has already retired once.

• Haha 1

On 11/12/2023 at 1:24 PM, lu_alum said:

Sorry-ano curse live on

I like the idea of the ghost of Nick Suriano, wandering the halls in Happy Valley, casually haunting each highly ranked 125 lb recruit Cael brings in until he can finally get his revenge. 

Some say if you enter Rec Hall at night when it's empty you can still hear the ghost as he knee slides and shadow boxes his way through the facility, patiently awaiting his next mark, until there are none left.  

• Fire 1

2 minutes ago, steamboat_charlie said:

I like the idea of the ghost of Nick Suriano, wandering the halls in Happy Valley, casually haunting each highly ranked 125 lb recruit Cael brings in until he can finally get his revenge. 

Some say if you enter Rec Hall at night when it's empty you can still hear the ghost as he knee slides and shadow boxes his way through the facility, patiently awaiting his next mark, until there are none left.  

Now that would be a hell of a Halloween costume (ghost-suriano)

• Fire 1
  • Haha 1

I think we can all agree at this point, if you are 141 or up, Penn State is your room.  For whatever reason, the formula just doesn’t translate to the little guys.  What works for big guys gets the little guys hurt, worn out, and seemingly burnt out.

I hope Cael’s dialing up Nico to find out how he was able to do it, bc they’ve been wrestling with 9 weight classes since then.

14 hours ago, 1032004 said:

Some interesting transitive results here.

Howard loses to Gallagher and Ryder.

Both of them lost to Army’s Charlie Farmer.

His only loss so far this year was to last year’s D3 national champ Joziah Fry (who spent time at Campbell and had some decent wins)

Who is this Charlie Farmer cat?  Had never heard of him but he did well this weekend

50 minutes ago, wrestle87 said:

I think we can all agree at this point, if you are 141 or up, Penn State is your room.  For whatever reason, the formula just doesn’t translate to the little guys.  What works for big guys gets the little guys hurt, worn out, and seemingly burnt out.

I hope Cael’s dialing up Nico to find out how he was able to do it, bc they’ve been wrestling with 9 weight classes since then.

Doesn't Penn State have the same number of titles at 133 as 141?

• Fire 1

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

10 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Doesn't Penn State have the same number of titles at 133 as 141?

10 hours ago, ionel said:

Let's not get into actual facts and statistics here.  🙄

They do at 125 and heavyweight as well under Cael.  Care to keep going with that equivalency, or shall we look a little deeper than just one number?

• Fire 1

9 minutes ago, wrestle87 said:

They do at 125 and heavyweight as well under Cael.  Care to keep going with that equivalency, or shall we look a little deeper than just one number?

Sure, keep going.

You sure about the highlighted?

Besides, its a pretty important number. Like it is the point of the exercise, the reason they hold the tournament, to find that just one number.

Edited by Wrestleknownothing
  • Fire 1

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

12 hours ago, wrestle87 said:

Just for giggles and kicks, if they landed Spencer Lee would you be saying the same thing?

i am an idiot on the internet

26 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

Just for giggles and kicks, if they landed Spencer Lee would you be saying the same thing?

Are you giving Iowa no credit for Spencer’s success?  

And based on the injury bug at 125 plus his own injury history, he would have done both acl’s in his first year then done them again later on.

But, obviously if they were able to develop and maintain another 125 guy through graduation with some success, that would put this topic to bed.

It’s not a surprise that Penn State has good big guys and Iowa is always good at lower weights, coaches teach a style and a skillset that works to their weight and bodytype.

• Fire 1

24 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Under Sanderson PSU has the same number of AA's (4) who have earned the same number of AA spots (7) and the same number of titles (2) with the same number of 4x AAs (1) at 133 and 141. 

Now we are up to 4 numbers. I can keep going.

Who invited the "numbers guy"?

• Haha 1

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

50 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Besides, its a pretty important number. Like it is the point of the exercise, the reason they hold the tournament, to find that just one number.

If that was the only point of the tournament there would be no wrestlebacks and wrestlers and coaches wouldn’t be losing their minds during quarters and the blood round.