The Pan Am Games

30 minutes ago, ILLINIWrestlingBlog said:

By the way, I think that eSports should have been held at 2:00 am, with a 6-pack Mountain Dew minimum, then continuing all night until a champion was crowned. 

And the Pan Am Games bowling competition should've been once a week for 3 months with the 9th being the beer frame. 

A real test of endurance.

• Fire 1

36 minutes ago, Gus said:

No, it is just you that is not allowed. Because of your white privilege  🤣🤣

I have so much white privilege, even though I am black, that I have trancended races and have white privilege.

• Fire 3
  • Haha 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

16 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

Correct!  That is an insult.  The word you are looking for is 'Pole' or perhaps 'Polish'.  

Eh... stfu.  I know many Polish people who refer to themselves as Polak.

• Fire 1

I haven't been able to watch today.

Did Kyle Welker fail to medal at Pan-Ams?

Wasn't it like six months ago Flo was clamoring that it didn't matter who of our top five-ish ladies won 76 KG trials, they would be the favorite to win Gold at Worlds?

Our 76 KG class has looked quite mortal.

Not trying to get anyone riled up here... ... but...

In WFS we got a Gold and a Bronze yesterday.  We might get two Bronze medals today.

We have two gents going for Gold today in Men's GR.  2 for 2 on medals.  Our MGR are on pace to outperform our Women's at the Pan-Am GAMES (these are supposed to be every four years and more prestigious).

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, FanOfPurdueWrestling said:

Where the hell can I find replays of this? I don’t have All day to watch and wait for Americans to come up 

They have replays of the 2019 Pan Am Games. I have seen nothing for 2023. 

Fivepointmove.com and FloWrestling have been on Twitter complaining about how Greco and Women's got screwed by Break Dancing and other "sports." I got to see ZERO of Kamal Bey's matches, and that pisses me off. I go to the results page, and their notations show that he's scoring 4 after 4 after 4 all day long. Didn't see any of them. He came from behind to beat the Cubano in the semis. Missed that. Then, Kamal fell behind 0-5 in the finals only to pitch a shut out and eventually pin his veteran opponent. That happened but not on any stream. 

Themat.com aka USA Wrestling took down the article (bad 502 Gateway) from October in which it was implicitly promised that all wrestling matches would be streamed. 

14 hours ago, nhs67 said:

On the Women's side, Chavez is in the quarters against a Cubano

Her opponent is CUBANA.  We ain't gonna put up with no misgenderin' nobody here!  And it is wrong to state a nationality anyway, as NHS has learned the hard way.   No nationalities.  It is some sort of ist or phobe to do so.  Unless your DNA is properly checked ahead of time for clearance to say Polak.

Edited by Lipdrag
  • Fire 2

8 hours ago, Lipdrag said:

Her opponent is CUBANA.  We ain't gonna put up with no misgenderin' nobody here!  And it is wrong to state a nationality anyway, as NHS has learned the hard way.   No nationalities.  It is some sort of ist or phobe to do so.  Unless your DNA is properly checked ahead of time for clearance to say Polak.

That was an oops.  I am sorry for that one.