All Star Classic

Gus

2 hours ago, ionel said:

Big no on Harrison and Sparks, I dont like announcers yelling at me.  A little bit of coaching is ok but after a while .... its why I'd take Hardell Moore everyday of the week and twice on Sunday.  

I agree while I think rock Harrison seems like a good guy I personally cannot stand his announcing, Hardell Moore is great 

1 hour ago, ILLINIWrestlingBlog said:

165.  How much has Hamiti been slowed by injuries? It seems to me that that explained all of last year, which was still an AA year. Granted, injuries don't matter when Olejnik hits that wingspan ankle pick. Wow! 

184.  "Was satisfying to watch" ... the last thirty seconds. It was painful to watch the first 6 1/2 minutes. 

285. Hendrickson looked to have hurt his knee real bad during the finals at U23 Worlds. It was one of those knee tweakers where you wish the ref had jumped in sooner. He gutted out a one-legged Gold Medal because he had built up a big early lead. It surprised me to see him out there last night. I don't think Wyatt is this bad or Greg this good. Cheers!

Bono guys typically have gotten worse not better over their careers at Wisconsin because they overtrain like it’s still 1992 , Evan wick talked about it after the transfer that his body was breaking down and yet he’s waking up at 5 A.M. to go on mandatory team runs

• Fire 1

2 hours ago, ILLINIWrestlingBlog said:

165.  How much has Hamiti been slowed by injuries? It seems to me that that explained all of last year, which was still an AA year. Granted, injuries don't matter when Olejnik hits that wingspan ankle pick. Wow! 

184.  "Was satisfying to watch" ... the last thirty seconds. It was painful to watch the first 6 1/2 minutes. 

285. Hendrickson looked to have hurt his knee real bad during the finals at U23 Worlds. It was one of those knee tweakers where you wish the ref had jumped in sooner. He gutted out a one-legged Gold Medal because he had built up a big early lead. It surprised me to see him out there last night. I don't think Wyatt is this bad or Greg this good. Cheers!

Shame about Hendrickson.  It does make me question why he was participating in this sort of event if he is dealing with that level of injury.

• Fire 1

13 minutes ago, MPhillips said:

He was fine. He is though, very verbose. The action on the mat can speak for itself at times...🤐

I think the color guys may tend to aim at the kind of listners that are newer to the sport.   I thought it did pretty well but a few times his coaching points were so detailed I could not follow them even though I wanted to.  

49 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Bono guys typically have gotten worse not better over their careers at Wisconsin because they overtrain like it’s still 1992 , Evan wick talked about it after the transfer that his body was breaking down and yet he’s waking up at 5 A.M. to go on mandatory team runs

I agree with your point overall, but Wick didn’t do any better at Cal Poly.

Craig Henning got screwed in the 2007 NCAA Finals.

43 minutes ago, MPhillips said:

He was fine. He is though, very verbose. The action on the mat can speak for itself at times...🤐

that's a fair point.  I actually enjoyed rooting against DT as a wrestler since he was such a heavy favorite most of the time.  Maybe they should get Bubba Jenkins on the mic.  

I thought DT on the mic was absolutely great.  He provided technical insights and even some "insider" information (e.g., Snyder helping out Kerk).  He stayed relevant and was focused on the wrestling or wrestler in question.  He's articulate and he knows the sport inside and out, including both freestyle and folkstyle, the coaches, the training centers, the international scene, etc. 

It's easy to see why he is a great coach for high school guys and probably why he will be a successful college coach if he elects to go that route.  He seems to know everyone; he's respected; and has lots of connections that any program would want.  i suspect he would only want to go to one of the very top tier college programs, or perhaps try his hand with the US freestyle team.

Edited by SocraTease
  • Fire 2