Mike Johnson - Speaker of the House

mspart

3 hours ago, Offthemat said:

Godwin’s law?

Far from it my friend.  This new speaker spear headed to overturn an election based solely on a false narrative.  He's also penned editorials asking to criminalize same sex marriage.  When Trump makes a run to the Thrown Johnson will be front and center spewing lies.  

Edited by PortaJohn

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

7 hours ago, mspart said:

image.png.85ee827b13959caa23ab689286804939.png

What do y'all think?   We finally have one.   Is he better than nothing?

mspart

Bad choice. 

Dems were leaving their party because of unpopular views, decisions, and behavior.   The GOP says ‘hold my beer.’

• Fire 2

37 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

here you can find him explaining how "no fault" divorce and abortions are the real cause of mass shootings (and all other societal ills).  Damn women being allowed to leave their bad marriages!

Yeah, no fault divorce has been a blessing for America, if you’re a lawyer.  

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, mspart said:

image.png.85ee827b13959caa23ab689286804939.png

What do y'all think?   We finally have one.   Is he better than nothing?

mspart

Having one is better than nothing when there's work to be done that is of higher urgency than in more typical times.

He would not have been my personal 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or even 200th choice.

But votes are cast, decisions are made, and we move forward. That's democracy in action.

If some (like me) don't think it was a good choice. Too bad. It's done and we move forward.

Moving forward is always better than stalling out. Always.

First move looks good. 

“WASHINGTON — In his first major move, House Speaker Mike Johnson, R-La., is using the bipartisan goal of providing aid to Israelto pick a fight with President Joe Biden over his signature achievement.

A new bill House Republicans released Monday includes $14.3 billion in emergency funding for Israel while rescinding the same amount of IRS funding from the Inflation Reduction Act, a major climate, health care and tax law Biden signed last year.“

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/speaker-mike-johnson-israel-aid-fight-biden-irs-rcna122868

• Fire 1

On 10/26/2023 at 6:54 PM, Offthemat said:

Are dog whistles.  

It doesn't seem like you have any intention of being honest. Because those aren't dog whistles. The false, and it is false, claims that the election was illegitimated need to be proven before it is true. It hasn't. So it is false. A dog whistle is coded language. Those weren't coded they were fact. I am sorry that you can't wrap your head around that. But its done and won't be undone as much as you wish it could. 

On 10/26/2023 at 11:00 PM, Offthemat said:

Yeah, no fault divorce has been a blessing for America, if you’re a lawyer.  

Don't listen to this blowhard, he has nothing of substance or that of reality to say. 

Allowing women to have bank accounts, have the medical care they need, freedom to leave a partner if they so choose has been overwhelmingly good things. He's going to try to convince you other wise by asking car-tuck questions but that's all they are. They have no substance or facts to back them up. Just conjecture and a longing for Gilead.  

If he actually believed any of this he'd do research and prove his point but he can't. 

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

Don't listen to this blowhard, he has nothing of substance or that of reality to say. 

...freedom to leave a partner if they so choose has been overwhelmingly good things...

If he actually believed any of this he'd do research and prove his point but he can't. 

I always appreciate the great research and sources that you utilize /s, like proving your point that no-fault divorces have been overwhelmingly good things...

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/restoring-america/community-family/there-is-no-republican-plot-to-end-no-fault-divorce-but-there-should-be

https://www.nytimes.com/roomfordebate/2013/02/13/when-divorce-is-a-family-affair