How many rounds of voting will it take to elect Jim Jordan Speaker of the House?

How many rounds of voting will it take to elect Jim Jordan Speaker of the House?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. How many rounds of voting will it take to elect Jim Jordan Speaker of the House?

• More than 1, but less than McCarthy
    • McCarthy
    • More than McCarthy
    • Jordan will not be elected Speaker of the House

7 hours ago, Plasmodium said:

Sounds like Jeffries will get more than anyone else this round.  Can't believe there aren't 7 Republicans with the cajones to do what is right and vote for Jeffries.

Oh come on. That would be Republicans without any brains.

Now using sttongarm, authoritarian tactics to get votes. 

Gotta love them freedom lovers,  eh, friends?

https://www.axios.com/2023/10/17/jim-jordan-pressure-campaign-house-speaker-votes

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

22 no votes, up from 20 in spite of gaining 2. 

Bit of a gut punch for Jordan.

Clearly, whatever tactics he employed overnight and into this morning were counter-productive. He has not appeared to be someone who can adjust his tactics in the past. He found something that worked for him and he stuck with it. I do not think he has the ability to zig when zagging does not work.

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

MAGA is fun right now

MAGA elect McCarthy gets the speakership for the Republicans

MAGA midget Gaetz doesn't like McCarthy so he gets him thrown out

Republicans can't agree on a speaker, even with threats and attempts at bullying politics within the party, because control is starting to slip through MAGA's fingers

So............McCarthy blames democrats the house doesn't have a speaker.

This is beautiful.   Hopefully the real 'draining of the swamp' is starting to begin.

35 minutes ago, headshuck said:

It took McCarthy 15 rounds. Empty promises take time.

I wasn't sure if McCarthy ever went backward though, so I looked it up. And he did.

He started with 19 no votes, stayed there for three more rounds before it grew to 21 no votes. That lasted at least through round eight. By round twelve he was down to 7 no votes. Round fourteen got him one shy.

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

9 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

I still think Jordan eventually gets it, but lets hope it goes even more poorly than this!

I have heard a number of republicans say they have one concession they will absolutely not bend on.  He must admit that the election was not stolen, while also denouncing the efforts on Jan 6 to overturn.   That's a pretty big ask of him.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

I wasn't sure if McCarthy ever went backward though, so I looked it up. And he did.

He started with 19 no votes, stayed there for three more rounds before it grew to 21 no votes. That lasted at least through round eight. By round twelve he was down to 7 no votes. Round fourteen got him one shy.

STALLING!!!

• Haha 1