2023 World Wrestling tournament...

D3 for LU

Just now, lu_alum said:

I’ve been waiting for Musukaev to put together a tourney like this. So much talent. My favorite non-USA wrestler.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He has done it before, though.  Didn't he win a couple medals already?  Maybe bronze, but still.

• Fire 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

On 9/17/2023 at 9:30 AM, Bulldog said:

Here is the problem with our system.  Someone like Marsteller gets a couple of years to train to only beat Burroughs.  Meanwhile, Burroughs is training to beat everyone in the world, and pretty much getting it done.

I was wondering the same, and Chance clearly schemed well to beat Jordan. I think if he had enough tape and feel for these international guys he could probably do the same and game plan well against them.

But you simply can't discount Chance's ability in winning a tournament with Dieringer, Starocci, Marinelli, McFadden, etc. There's no way he simply spent 2 years focusing on Burroughs or he wouldn't have even made it through the Open. JB had months to prepare for Chance and didn't get it done. 

Just now, Eagle26 said:

Wow some awesome matches in the semis so far! Pumped for Rivera… that was an awesome comeback!!

Musukaev seems to have fixed his gas tank issue. That’s gonna make him hard to beat, but I’ll be rooting for Rivera

I think he just conserves his energy better. Anyone on earth would be gassed if they wrestled the way that he did. Now he picks his shots. 

• Fire 1

1 minute ago, pokemonster said:

I was wondering the same, and Chance clearly schemed well to beat Jordan. I think if he had enough tape and feel for these international guys he could probably do the same and game plan well against them.

But you simply can't discount Chance's ability in winning a tournament with Dieringer, Starocci, Marinelli, McFadden, etc. There's no way he simply spent 2 years focusing on Burroughs or he wouldn't have even made it through the Open. JB had months to prepare for Chance and didn't get it done. 

I think Chance had the results to show he was a Worlds contender, but he was also able to focus on JB as well.  It wasn't just two years.  He has been the guy at his weight class for a decade.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me