2023 World Wrestling tournament...

D3 for LU

2 minutes ago, Takuto_Otoguro said:

There is a tiny handful of guys who can beat this Musukaev that has shown up in Belgrade. He won the gold in the semi final. Yes I am setting my self up to get dunked on but I believe it and see no way he loses to seabass

And yes, this version of wrestling from him, is insanely difficult to beat. 
That thought alone, implies that there is another "Normal" version of him. 
don't act like you'd be surprised if that version showed up in the finals 

1 minute ago, Spladle08 said:

Seabass aint great. 
and
Mus just beat 3 amazing wrestlers to make the finals 
but.... 
In what world has Mus been reliable . 
lol Everyone is shocked obviously. 
Seabass simply outpacing him, is realistic  man. 
I wouldn't bet on it, but if its down to the final 10 seconds, I won't be surprised 

By his standards his motor has looked good today despite wrestling gold medal calibre guys back to back to back.

Hard to believe he can't do 6 more minutes with a worse guy than all of those after a whole day rest.

• Fire 1

Just now, peanut said:

What's cool about Taz is that he's only 20 and still went right after Snyder and Sadulaev. Meanwhile in the US it's normal for guys to be 24 and focusing on NCAA titles. Sad.

Well if you take into consideration an initial redshirt year... 4 standard years of eligibility, throw in an Olympic redshirt (or two), a possible medical redshirt, not including a free eligibility year... you could potentially wrestle on the same team in college as your future son...

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, peanut said:

What's cool about Taz is that he's only 20 and still went right after Snyder and Sadulaev. Meanwhile in the US it's normal for guys to be 24 and focusing on NCAA titles. Sad.

Why is that sad? Look at the crowd here vs NCAA's. When you hear these great freestyle wrestlers talk about their international career they say their is no tournament on the planet like the NCAA's.

• Fire 1

4 minutes ago, Gus said:

Why is that sad? Look at the crowd here vs NCAA's. When you hear these great freestyle wrestlers talk about their international career they say their is no tournament on the planet like the NCAA's.

I do not think that is a fair comparison. It took me many hours, two flights and thousands of dollars to get here. I have often just driven to the NCAAs.

Worlds and Olympics will always have lesser crowds due sheerly to logistics. But I suspect David Taylor's Olympic gold means more to him than his two NCAA titles.

• Fire 3

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

Just now, Doublehalf said:

Is this the queue for someone to start the thread -

"David Taylor the best 2 time NCAA champ ever?" 

To me him losing to Dake negates that.  Dake is also a two timer.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

11 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

I do not think that is a fair comparison. It took me many hours, two flights and thousands of dollars to get here. I have often just driven to the NCAAs.

Worlds and Olympics will always have lesser crowds due sheerly to logistics. But I suspect David Taylor's Olympic gold means more to him than his two NCAA titles.

We have the US Open stateside where fans have the ability to attend it and attendance is way less than NCAA's. The NCAA's is the highest level for folkstyle wrestling and probably the biggest tournament (attendance wise) any of these guys will ever compete in.

I understand that world and olympic titles are the pinnacle of the sport. I also think that winning NCAA titles are a stepping stone and a dream for most of these USA competitors. I don't see how winning NCAA titles in college is a "shame" because they are not focused solely on their freestyle career at that point. 

What I am getting at is there is room for both NCAA and international success. Our guys have and are proving that.

• Fire 1