Ben Kueter thrown to the Wolves early

WildTurk

23 minutes ago, CHROMEBIRD said:

I'm thankful he didn't say thrown to the lions...

Wouldn’t be such a bad situation there being taken under then wing of Sam Laporta! Guy legit looks to be the real deal at the NFL level! 

On a serious note, considering you are referring to the Nittany Lions, I wonder how a match between Greg Kerkvliet and Kueter would end up going…. A couple of athletic specimens there!

17 minutes ago, RicoSwaff said:

Wouldn’t be such a bad situation there being taken under then wing of Sam Laporta! Guy legit looks to be the real deal at the NFL level! 

On a serious note, considering you are referring to the Nittany Lions, I wonder how a match between Greg Kerkvliet and Kueter would end up going…. A couple of athletic specimens there!

Better yet, learn under Jack Campbell!

12 minutes ago, RicoSwaff said:

How about we keep it on topic. Not about Lions in this thread. You will get a bunch of responses that Kerk would maul Kueter and then it turns into a PSU love festival like all the other threads. 

5 minutes ago, WildTurk said:

How about we keep it on topic. Not about Lions in this thread. You will get a bunch of responses that Kerk would maul Kueter and then it turns into a PSU love festival like all the other threads. 

Ok then, Sorry about that! 

So… that Ben Kueter sure is a tough wrestler! I wonder how much ass he would kick at a PSU hate fest?!

That better?

9 minutes ago, WildTurk said:

Who else in here loves PSU?

Can I get a show of hands?

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

Was he really intending to wrestling at 197? Seems like a pretty poor plan if so. I haven't been following his story, but if he's playing linebacker, I highly doubt the football coaches would even entertain the thought of him cutting down to 197lbs every offseason. He'd be shooting himself in the foot from a football perspective. 

Edited by pokemonster
  • Fire 1

11 minutes ago, pokemonster said:

Was he really intending to wrestling at 197? Seems like a pretty poor plan if so. I haven't been following his story, but if he's playing linebacker, I highly doubt the football coaches would even entertain the thought of him cutting down to 197lbs every offseason. He'd be shooting himself in the foot from a football perspective. 

197 has been an after thought for a long while now.  

Edited by WildTurk

35 minutes ago, pokemonster said:

No!  Even before camp he announced he was on a plan to gain that weight.  It was only delusional Iowa fans that entertained that stupidity of believing 197 was possible.  Dont know why this twitter user is posting this as some type of new breaking info

Edited by PortaJohn
  • Fire 1

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

48 minutes ago, pokemonster said:

I have no idea what his plan was/is, but I believe the theory was he could wrestle 197 this season while redshirting for football, then bump up to heavyweight next year when Cassioppi graduated.

6 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

If he has even a smidgen of a chance to make the NFL (e.g. a chance at being drafted) it would be pretty stupid to focus on wrestling instead of football.

A 7th round pick will make more money in a 5 year NFL career than a multiple time Hodge Trophy winner who goes on to win Olympic medals.

Sad but true.

I’d say he has more than a smidgen of a chance to be drafted in the NFL someday… I mean, he was named the USA Today Athlete Of The Year and from my observations, they don’t seem to make a habit of handing that award to  people with only crazy-impressive wrestling accolades to their name. 

The average height and weight for a linebacker entering the NFL is 6’2 and 240 lbs… With Ben Kueter being 6’3 and around that weight, it’s not like there are a whole lot of, if any missing pieces for him in terms of becoming a legit NFL prospect someday… I mean, it’s not like he lacks the athleticism… no reason why he can’t be drafted someday, but that may be just my delusional opinion… 🤷‍♂️ 

4 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

I have no idea what his plan was/is, but I believe the theory was he could wrestle 197 this season while redshirting for football, then bump up to heavyweight next year when Cassioppi graduated.

Where did Ben say he was going to do that? Where does your theory come from? 

11 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

If he has even a smidgen of a chance to make the NFL (e.g. a chance at being drafted) it would be pretty stupid to focus on wrestling instead of football.

A 7th round pick will make more money in a 5 year NFL career than a multiple time Hodge Trophy winner who goes on to win Olympic medals.

Sad but true.

A 7th round pick with a 5 year career made it 1.7 years longer than the average NFL career (3.3 active years). Those chances are slim.

• Fire 1

i am an idiot on the internet