Maxwell Smart

Maxwell Smart

4 minutes ago, ionel said:

What's  2 ÷ 20?

4÷10=40 %, or,  as you'd say,  75%.

Numbers is jumpin up fast today,  as would be expected.

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

1 hour ago, Maxwell Smart said:

There's no "dislike of the Hawks." They get more coverage than others  and I don't

understand it. I've learned a lot from responses of people. To quote my wife. "I'm not always right, it just

seems that way." Look forward to the banter. Thanks.

They don't get any coverage on the forum. Coverage implies there are editors picking and choosing the stories to post. But there are not. 

Instead it is fan driven content. More Iowa content just means there are more Iowa fans. 

The simple solution is not to decrease Iowa content, but to increase content for other teams. I have good news here. Instead of creating another Iowa thread, as you did, you could begin a thread for another team or teams.

• Fire 3

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

1 hour ago, Maxwell Smart said:

Since you mentioned Ban, He set me straight several times. Hilarious post, time to move on. Thanks.

Since you mentioned Ban, who set you straight several times without having set you straight on this your first thread and posts, what was your previous name on the board? 

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

2 minutes ago, Idaho said:

Since you mentioned Ban, who set you straight several times without having set you straight on this your first thread and posts, what was your previous name on the board? 

The Iowa money is on cinnaban

Couldn't imagine how discontented one must be in life to obsess over Cinnabon, let alone me. 

Never insults or attacks anyone,  but gets vilified by angry people for liking to ask next level questions. 

• Haha 1

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

18 minutes ago, Ban Basketball said:

Couldn't imagine how discontented one must be in life to obsess over Cinnabon, let alone me. 

Never insults or attacks anyone,  but gets vilified by angry people for liking to ask next level questions. 

Come on. That is not at all why he gets villified.

And let's also admit that Jimmy C 2.0 is < Jimmy C The Original as far as discussion topics go.

His old Lou Holtz imitation ("Gee, I have no idea how Penn State is going to beat the Little Sisters of the Poor Junior Varsity team, never mind the Hadley School for the Blind.") in his earlier incarnation was endearing. The new version is much less interesting.

• Fire 1

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

10 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Come on. That is not at all why he gets villified.

And let's also admit that Jimmy C 2.0 is < Jimmy C The Original as far as discussion topics go.

His old Lou Holtz imitation ("Gee, I have no idea how Penn State is going to beat the Little Sisters of the Poor Junior Varsity team, never mind the Hadley School for the Blind.") in his earlier incarnation was endearing. The new version is much less interesting.

Admittedly, I don't read this forum as much,  but everything I see of his seems pretty benign. 

I know that there was a Jimmy back in my day of posting twenty years ago who was a Sqwawker fan.  Unless I'm dead wrong,  the current Jimmy is a PSU fan,  or am I wrong?

If so,  that would seem like a different person. 

Edited by Ban Basketball

The obvious answer is that Hawkeye content gets more views / eyeballs / key revenue related metrics.  Those in the entertainment industry wisely pay attention to those things.  

A good question is….. Would a concerted effort to create more quality content that is not Hawkeye related would, in a reasonable amount of time, result in more views / eyeballs / better revenue related metrics?  I bet sites have tried.   I bet they have learned that this is hard and it is smart to go back to the Hawkeye well.

2 hours ago, Ban Basketball said:

Never insults or attacks anyone,  but gets vilified by angry people for being a broken record

FIFY

Edited by PortaJohn

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

13 hours ago, Ban Basketball said:

Admittedly, I don't read this forum as much,  but everything I see of his seems pretty benign. 

I know that there was a Jimmy back in my day of posting twenty years ago who was a Sqwawker fan.  Unless I'm dead wrong,  the current Jimmy is a PSU fan,  or am I wrong?

If so,  that would seem like a different person. 

They are a different person. 

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

I don't know why I just wasted 5 minutes of my life reading this thread, but let me see if I got this right:

• This guy has been emailing the "contact us" link on intermat's website with complaints about the amount of Iowa coverage taking place.
  • Willie is getting tired of reading his comments so he's set him upon this board to wreak havoc here instead.
  • Maxwell thinks that sounds like a great idea so he blasts off with a self-titled post complaining to no one in particular about anything and everything Hawkeye related.
  • Maxwell seems to think his post here is a direct line of conversation with Jagger, who I assume talked about Iowa in one of his recent mailbags?

That's just too funny.  I say we keep Maxwell around.  If he is a real person, he's essentially Creed from the office just firing away typing his hot takes into a word document.  If he's not a real person it's a much more sophisticated troll job than what we're used to, and I would also welcome that.  

Edited by steamboat_charlie
  • Fire 6

3 minutes ago, Elevator said:

People can change and grow.   Are any of us still our old selves?

This is me with my tinfoil hat on... which I don't typically wear... that said I don't even support this theory just acknowledging that it could be true:

TheMat JC =/= Intermat JC

The data is there to support this.

He was an avid Hawkeye fan in his early days at TheMat and then went to a 'Penn State' fan... while actually just being a troll and not an actual fan.

Here he has picked up on that but mellowed a significant amount on the trollinese.  He was actually responding to the 'pay your debts' in some regards before and here he ignores it.

This could legitimately be like the Avril Lavigne 'body double replacement' poppycock.

I don't necessarily think it is.  Evidence might say otherwise depending on the eyes that are scrutinizing it.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me