The ballad of Bidenomics. The song: Rich Men North of Richmond

Paul158

Does anyone realize that members of both parties have gone along with, voted for bidenomics?  And people are sick of it and the other issues presented in the song enough that the artist is making $40K a day off youtube. 

What are the changes to the tax code that have been signed into law by Biden?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Le duke said:

What are the changes to the tax code that have been signed into law by Biden?

Don’t be obtuse. The purchasing price of a dollar has decreased significantly in the last 3 years. Inflation rates have run rampant. Federal shutdowns and the fallout from them (supply chain issues, folks not wanting to work, even more American manufacturing shuffled to other countries, etc) have caused the value of the dollar to plummet. 

• Fire 2

12 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

Does anyone realize that members of both parties have gone along with, voted for bidenomics?  And people are sick of it and the other issues presented in the song enough that the artist is making $40K a day off youtube. 

Exactly. Special interest groups, lobbyists and corporate America have most politicians that rise the ranks under their thumbs (dem or republican). Even most people that enter politics with the right intentions end up compromised. The only politicians that I trust are two local legislators that I have known my entire life and that have not rose up the political ladder. They haven’t risen because they have morals, integrity and actually earnestly push to help protect the common man.

• Fire 4

Don’t be obtuse. The purchasing price of a dollar has decreased significantly in the last 3 years. Inflation rates have run rampant. Federal shutdowns and the fallout from them (supply chain issues, folks not wanting to work, even more American manufacturing shuffled to other countries, etc) have caused the value of the dollar to plummet. 

“Folks not wanting to work”. That’s code for “people don’t want to work for the crap wages I want to pay them.” If you can’t find qualified applicants, the problem is YOU.

No company that pays well has ANY problem finding qualified employees. The jobs I’ve hired people for had dozens of very qualified applicants. We expanded by 40% in the last three years. The only person we’ve had resign took another position with our company in a different state, in order to be closer to his family. The guy we hired to replace him had three other offers.

And, America has the lowest inflation of any large western democracy. UK, Germany, Italy, France, Belgium, Netherlands are all above the US. Large companies taking advantage of the pandemic to make record profits is a feature of (vulture) capitalism.

• Fire 1

9 minutes ago, ionel said:

Also inflation is a big additional tax especially on the lower to middle earners.  

Then they don’t include gas, food, housing and utilities in the inflation report.  That’s the bulk of what most people spend their money on.  

35 minutes ago, Le duke said:

Uh, no, the CPI includes those.

8852c4b2983fe4793d9b0a0b21da9ae2.jpg

Sorry wikiup, when they announce it they plainly state that the inflation rate doesn’t include food, gas, or housing. 

Edited by Offthemat

17 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

Sorry wikiup, when they announce it they plainly state that the inflation rate doesn’t include food, gas, or housing. 

I'd say that depends on who is announcing.  There are certainly inflation rates that don't include these components and others that do.  Economist tend to focus on some key inflation indexes but that doesn't mean those are reported by the media.  The media tends to stick to info that fits their narrative.  

1 hour ago, Le duke said:

“Folks not wanting to work”. That’s code for “people don’t want to work for the crap wages I want to pay them.” If you can’t find qualified applicants, the problem is YOU.

No company that pays well has ANY problem finding qualified employees. The jobs I’ve hired people for had dozens of very qualified applicants. We expanded by 40% in the last three years. The only person we’ve had resign took another position with our company in a different state, in order to be closer to his family. The guy we hired to replace him had three other offers.

This is not true in general but it could be true in some areas and certain industry/business.  There are certainly areas of the country where there's a huge shortage in labor in general and specific businesses may need very specific skilled labor.  Simply raising the rate paid doesn't solve that problem.  Moreover, some industry and businesses have had a huge increase in input cost, some have doubled plus due to inflation, fuel cost etc.  Sure if you can set your own output price you can raise it with inflation+ and also pay labor more, if you have, little competition.  But if your price is established in international markets you can't do that.  A business can't continue if not making a profit and variable costs exceeding revenue.  There's a point where they just can't pay more.  But again sure some businesses may be all digital etc and have no inputs to worry about other than labor, not many though. 

• Fire 2

35 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

Not sure who they are, but what you are referring to is called Core CPI, not CPI.

If you would like to educate yourself on the topic:

https://www.frbsf.org/education/publications/doctor-econ/2004/october/core-inflation-headline/

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

1 hour ago, Le duke said:

And, America has the lowest inflation of any large western democracy. UK, Germany, Italy, France, Belgium, Netherlands are all above the US. Large companies taking advantage of the pandemic to make record profits is a feature of (vulture) capitalism.

I cannot speak for the corporate world, I’m not employed but a large corporation. But I know that there is a huge shortage or workers for skilled labor positions in the trades. The trades typically pay fair. My moms clothing store was offering part time sales consultants $25/hr plus commission and she didn’t even have people applying for the job. 

• Fire 1

8 minutes ago, Gus said:

I cannot speak for the corporate world, I’m not employed but a large corporation. But I know that there is a huge shortage or workers for skilled labor positions in the trades. The trades typically pay fair. My moms clothing store was offering part time sales consultants $25/hr plus commission and she didn’t even have people applying for the job. 

It is hilarious that people bury their heads in the sand in regards to what is happening in the real world.  How and why someone would argue that there isn't a employee shortage, especially in certain industries, is mind boggling.  And then tries to blame the company, or person trying to do the hiring.  But than again it is probably the same people that blame big bad corporate America and that evil capitalism...which ironically they participate in every day and probably make a damn good living doing so...but down to big corp and down with capitalism!

I truly feel sorry for those in the trades...I have a lot of friends and relatives in the trades and they can't find people...and yes they pay very well!!  

• Fire 2

On 8/23/2023 at 3:20 PM, Ban Basketball said:

Ah, yes, big tough guy wrestling cancel culture.

Do I break rules? If so, why are others not cancelled who break the same rules?

You are great at making everywhere you go insufferable. If people don't want to come here to talk about wrestling or even BBQing or how great Trump is because of YOU, then yes you need to go. As with your recent release people have seen how insufferable you can be and will continue to be!

Plus I'm still waiting for my $1000 check you promised me like 10 years ago. The interest on it will be well worth the wait.

• Fire 1

It is hilarious that people bury their heads in the sand in regards to what is happening in the real world.  How and why someone would argue that there isn't a employee shortage, especially in certain industries, is mind boggling.  And then tries to blame the company, or person trying to do the hiring.  But than again it is probably the same people that blame big bad corporate America and that evil capitalism...which ironically they participate in every day and probably make a damn good living doing so...but down to big corp and down with capitalism!
I truly feel sorry for those in the trades...I have a lot of friends and relatives in the trades and they can't find people...and yes they pay very well!!  

That’s just it: What you think of as “pays very well” might not get someone else out of bed.

A lot of small business have been screwing over their employees with shitty wages that THEY think are fair. For a long time. COVID exposed that when a lot of people retired, others went back to school or otherwise improved themselves, and moved on from their previous jobs. In a capitalist system, the employees get a vote, too, and if they are telling you to get bent for $X/hr, that’s on you.

I changed jobs twice and got promoted twice in the last four years. My salary, after grad school, has almost quadrupled. While I enjoyed my time at both of my previous positions, they wouldn’t be on my radar if I decided to go looking for a job again. I was underpaid at the first job, did OK at the second and now make a very good salary.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, Bigbrog said:

@Le duke made some good points, but here are a couple others.

One of the bigger reasons for a trades shortage is the extreme push for kids to go to college in the 90's and 00's. Now that many of those electricians, plumbers, etc. are retiring you are seeing less and less of these people in the trades. The good thing is at least from my interactions with kids it seems there are many looking at trades now instead of college.

COVID really changed a lot of things in the working society. There are way more work at home jobs now than ever. Many workers in the food industry were basically forced to starve or find a new line of work. Many found the latter and aren't going back to the food industry. The same goes for retail and other jobs of that nature. Now the McDonalds, Targets, etc are finding it hard to hire people because the good ones all moved on. 

The trades is the area I'm truly more concerned about as I'm more concerned with finding a competent and reasonable plumber than someone that can put a hamburger together.

• Fire 2

20 hours ago, BobDole said:

You are great at making everywhere you go insufferable. If people don't want to come here to talk about wrestling or even BBQing or how great Trump is because of YOU, then yes you need to go. As with your recent release people have seen how insufferable you can be and will continue to be!

Plus I'm still waiting for my $1000 check you promised me like 10 years ago. The interest on it will be well worth the wait.

To let the forum know, because I know how Bob operates when I reply to him, this will be the last post that you'll see from me. My culture will be cancelled after I send this.

Bob, I'm still not seeing how debating is so "insufferable" to you. I don't break rules, I passionately srgue my points, alongside others passionately arguing their points, yet, somehow my arguing is intolerable to you. Husker Du said he likes my posting here and he owns it.

As we've said before,  we never agreed on the terms of the bet, so stop with that nonsensical sob story, trying to curry favor from people who know nothing about it. In real time, it's the handshake after both agree to terms. That we did not do and were betting on new terms.

Bye, bye, everyone. Feel free to tell me what was so different about my posts from the rule breakers. 

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

21 hours ago, BobDole said:

If people don't want to come here to talk about wrestling or even BBQing or how great Trump is because of YOU, then yes you need to go.

Ban's takes are no more outrageous than a few of the other regulars here where civility takes a back seat to opinion and dogma. 

There have been things to learn in this forum and things to let go...✌️

2 minutes ago, MPhillips said:

Ban's takes are no more outrageous than a few of the other regulars here where civility takes a back seat to opinion and dogma. 

Thanks,  except I don't believe that anything I've written would qualify as "outrageous."

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

4 hours ago, MPhillips said:

There is discussion and civility and then there is this Ban guy. He frequently calls people boy or other names and friends frequently makes places insufferable to go to. Amazing that this one person has been banned multiple times by other moderators. Things like posting Minnie Mouse gifs replying to one poster and continuing to do so until he is banned add up. Then he claims he is being cancelled and the poor me attitude. He offers only hostility on message boards and thus continues to get banned.

i don't mind name calling once in a while.

what i mind is when the majority of one's posts are pot shots.

if you want to call me an idiot, fine, but at least say why - make a point, add some detail/context/evidence.

there's a few people on here currently whose entire posts are ad hominems that add nothing to the conversation. 

TBD

14 hours ago, BobDole said:

There is discussion and civility and then there is this Ban guy. He frequently calls people boy or other names and friends frequently makes places insufferable to go to. Amazing that this one person has been banned multiple times by other moderators. Things like posting Minnie Mouse gifs replying to one poster and continuing to do so until he is banned add up. Then he claims he is being cancelled and the poor me attitude. He offers only hostility on message boards and thus continues to get banned.

Flip the switch then, boy, and quite ***duck duck goose** around.

No Zoo, nothing. I couldn't care any less,  and it'd be a badge of honor to be denied of being around such idiocy.

Git on it!