The ballad of Bidenomics. The song: Rich Men North of Richmond

Paul158

1 hour ago, Husker_Du said:

so you're not just dumb, and have a horrible sense of extrapolating a landscape,

but you're uninformed, too.

i told you multiple times that this is the policy. 

it's on the books. it's law. 

good god, there's no help for your kind. 

Are you referring to the previously mentioned the "its ok to steal a certain amount" policy claim? If so, where can I find that?

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

46 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Are you referring to the previously mentioned the "its ok to steal a certain amount" policy claim? If so, where can I find that?

Exactly.  There IS NO such "policy," outside of what he got duped into believing from Tattletale "News."

Fantasy is reality, and reality is fantasy.

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

12 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

Just about any place that has a Soros funded DA. 

Hows about we up the stupid just one more notch, eh?

WOWZA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

4 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

The white power groups sure have done a great job duping the 30 percenters into this one.

What ISN'T "Soros funded" in these goofs' minds?

By Gum, Soros even funded the white power 30 percenter in Picksburg (as Brent Musburger said), friends!

Edited by Ban Basketball

9 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

All right. Chicago is on the list. Now point me to where it is ok to steal in Chicago.

Anywhere where you can get away with it.  Come on know, you know the areas.  😉

Edited by ionel

6 hours ago, Husker_Du said:

there's nothing wrong with finding solutions to problems. but the current EV industry is not a solution. 

the entire industry is powered by fossil fuels - the machines they use to mine the rare elements, and the outlet they plug in to charge.

and the land is raped in the process. nothing about it makes sense. 

they use energy from fossil fuels to produce a vehicle with short range that runs on fossil fuels.

there's a reason why Sweden just announced they were breaking w/ the rest of the world and building all nuclear. it's cleaner and cheaper.

EV is currently a joke. 

you want to talk about a failing market - check the reports from almost all major auto companies P&L on EV's.

I don't have a problem with nuclear power. There're risks, but they're known, and we've learned from a few catastrophes to avoid them. There's also the challenge of storing its waste, which is also vilified and overblown from what I've read about its half-life. 

On the subject of Sweden, 62% of their new car sales were EVs in the last year, up from 48% year over year, and they obviously don't have nuclear reactors in cars... Yes, Ford is losing money early in its endeavor. It knows this and still bets on its future. It ain't pretty today, but they see what's coming, and it isn't a couple billion cars burning carbon.

What I'm optimistic about in the EV battery industry is the batteries' after market value. The most generous estimate is that a battery will last a decade in a car before it can't supply the power to drive fast or far (I'm currently at 11 years in my hybrid and anticipate a major expense soon). The upside is that the newer batteries can store energy to power a house for another couple decades. I like the idea of using wind, water, or solar to store energy in a used battery to keep my house from pulling energy off the grid. 

We'll always need oil for some things - Especially the big machines for the foreseeable future. I don't see a problem with using fossil fuels to build the infrastructure for renewables - I mean, it's obvious that we would use current technology to solve for future technology, so of course we've burned carbon to get to a point where we can store energy. 

• Fire 1

7 hours ago, denger said:

I listened to the song and liked it! A character in the song is 5' 3", 300lber from coal country who thinks the rich men north of Virginia tax him without considering him.

Yes, I have seen the lithium environmental problems. There will be long term consequences of that industry, and I think those are being downplayed. 

There are downsides to most renewables. However, the problems with the status quo have been coming for over a century, we've known it for several decades, they are on clear display now, and they're gonna get worse. 

Coal is declining for many reasons, but the one that seems most agreeable is that it's a failing market. If coal country wants to be productive, then it will have to be something other than coal. 

Yes you always have to adapt. There are a lot of other industries out there. You have to come up with a good way to attract to your state. 

1 hour ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Cities in California have passed laws regarding allowing looters to steal 800 to 900 dollars of merchandise with very little consequences. 

• Fire 1

Just now, Wrestleknownothing said:

All right. Chicago is on the list. Now point me to where it is ok to steal in Chicago.

Do you want to see the policy in print?  You need to use your your critical thinker.  They rarely write it down, they just let it out sometimes in speeches and in their actions.  When word gets out on the street that you won’t get punished, civilization disappears.  Here’s an article from that tattletale CNN that wastes a bucket of ink trying to avoid the inevitable till it gets three paragraphs from the end:

https://www.cnn.com/2023/04/12/business/walmart-chicago-stores-closing/index.html

where it says:

“Walmart is also not the only national chain that has closed stores in major cities. A Whole Foods flagship closed in San Francisco on Monday, citing concerns about worker safety. Walgreens and CVS have also closed in San Francisco and New York, while Starbucks closed 16 locations across various cities.

These retailers face several challenges in cities. Urban locations carry higher rents, which means they need to hit higher sales targets to break even, Wimer told CNN. Some retailers have also cited higher levels of theft and other crime in their city stores.“

6 minutes ago, Paul158 said:

in California it is petty larceny if under 950 dollars . You will get a slap on the wrist.

Misdemeanor, possibly 6 months jail, possibly $1000 fine.  But it doesn’t get investigated by the police or pursued by prosecutors so it doesn’t matter. 

• Fire 1

24 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

Do you want to see the policy in print?  You need to use your your critical thinker.  They rarely write it down, they just let it out sometimes in speeches and in their actions.  When word gets out on the street that you won’t get punished, civilization disappears.  Here’s an article from that tattletale CNN that wastes a bucket of ink trying to avoid the inevitable till it gets three paragraphs from the end:

https://www.cnn.com/2023/04/12/business/walmart-chicago-stores-closing/index.html

where it says:

“Walmart is also not the only national chain that has closed stores in major cities. A Whole Foods flagship closed in San Francisco on Monday, citing concerns about worker safety. Walgreens and CVS have also closed in San Francisco and New York, while Starbucks closed 16 locations across various cities.

These retailers face several challenges in cities. Urban locations carry higher rents, which means they need to hit higher sales targets to break even, Wimer told CNN. Some retailers have also cited higher levels of theft and other crime in their city stores.“

Ok. So this is narrative that people like to talk about as policy or law.

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

1 minute ago, Offthemat said:

Misdemeanor, possibly 6 months jail, possibly $1000 fine.  But it doesn’t get investigated by the police or pursued by prosecutors so it doesn’t matter. 

I call it the Seargent  Schultz method of justice . I see nothing, I hear nothing , I know nothing.  It never happened.

• Fire 1

2 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Ok. So this is narrative that people like to talk about as policy or law.

Come on WKN.  Say what you think.  Crime is bad enough that major stores are closing in the biggest cities in our country.  It’s policy and law.  Sometimes excused as prosecutorial discretion.  $950 is a misdemeanor, the cops can’t be bothered to investigate because the prosecutor won’t prosecute.  Very similar downgrading of violent crimes are being seen, also. 

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, ionel said:

Anywhere where you can get away with it.  Come on know, you know the areas.  😉

Dog whistle engaged...NOW!

Awesome!

1 hour ago, Offthemat said:

where it says:

WOWZA!

Everything ok at home?