Gable to Iowa questions!!

Is Tony Cassioppi a senior at Iowa?

Iowa's fifth-year senior Tony Cassioppi has decided that he will come back for his sixth season as the Hawkeyes' heavyweight, a decision that came even before the Big Ten and NCAA championship tournaments.Mar 27, 2023   (just sayin'....so Gable goes to Iowa to beat out Cassioppi??????)  It looks like Cassioppi will be back...I googled this

9 hours ago, Fadzaev2 said:

Iowa's fifth-year senior Tony Cassioppi has decided that he will come back for his sixth season as the Hawkeyes' heavyweight, a decision that came even before the Big Ten and NCAA championship tournaments.Mar 27, 2023   (just sayin'....so Gable goes to Iowa to beat out Cassioppi??????)  It looks like Cassioppi will be back...I googled this

Cass can take an Olympic RS he's already qualified for it

11 hours ago, headshuck said:

He’s training all over. He’s on a tour on behalf of the WWE. He might take the next international prospect with him.

This is some mighty fine coping and is simply not true. What WWE tour would bring him through Iowa City for four days?

11 hours ago, Fadzaev2 said:

Isn't Cassioppi getting indicted on RICO charges for facilitating underground Gambling on behalf of the Genovese Family in Iowa City?  Cinnabon broke the story for us.  @VakAttack how do you see the trial play out?  Cass cut a deal with the Feds and go into the witness protection program?

Edited by PortaJohn
  • Haha 1

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

4 hours ago, PortaJohn said:

Isn't Cassioppi getting indicted on RICO charges for facilitating underground Gambling on behalf of the Genovese Family in Iowa City?  Cinnabon broke the story for us.  @VakAttack how do you see the trial play out?  Cass cut a deal with the Feds and go into the witness protection program?

He will be hiding out in AJ Ferrari's basement so they can work out together while planning a Tag Team Freestyle wrestling bid for the Olympic Games.

” Never attribute to inspiration that which can be adequately explained by delusion”.

2 hours ago, wrestlingest2010 said:

Question: Let's say Iowa wrestler A gambled and got a 30% season suspension, if he's a junior currently and olympic redshirted, would he lose his junior year? 

You can't RS your way out of the suspension, from what I read anyway.:classic_unsure:

• Fire 1

32 minutes ago, MPhillips said:

You can't RS your way out of the suspension, from what I read anyway.:classic_unsure:

If a junior has an Olympic RS available, he could use it this season (2023-24) and sit out 30% of the 2024-25 season. Assad has his RS and an Olympic RS available to use

• Fire 2

Just now, Jamie_Taco said:

If a junior has an Olympic RS available, he could use it this season (2023-24) and sit out 30% of the 2024-25 season. Assad has his RS and an Olympic RS available to use

So anybody who "redshirted" during the 2021 Covid Free year still has an additional redshirt to use? I'm trying to understand the Assad scenario. 

He didn't wrestle a match in 2020-2021 (due to injury - but would still be considered a RS year in any other "normal year"), I thought that would count as his redshirt year.

1 hour ago, Jamie_Taco said:

You can't RS your way out of a suspension...

1 hour ago, Laxhawk174 said:

So anybody who "redshirted" during the 2021 Covid Free year still has an additional redshirt to use? I'm trying to understand the Assad scenario. 

Not that anyone can truly understand NCAA rules, especially with covid in the works but that's how I read it. I was having trouble trying to figure out how some kids were thinking that even if they didn't wrestle that year and had wrestled 4 other years that they could get another year to wrestle.

3 hours ago, Laxhawk174 said:

He didn't wrestle a match in 2020-2021 (due to injury - but would still be considered a RS year in any other "normal year"), I thought that would count as his redshirt year.

Assad's scenario is:

2020 wrestled as true freshman

2021 didn't count and didn't need to use a redshirt as it was free

2022 wrestled

2023 wrestled

As a result he has an ORS and regular RS. 

• Fire 1