Could Gable go to Iowa and challenge Penn State?

scorenomore

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wouldn’t Minnesota have to sign off on a transfer this late since transfer portal is closed? 
Would Eggum be willing to sign off on letting his biggest star in history walk out the door to a rival?

Personally I would love to see him at Iowa. Would make things more entertaining but I just don’t see him doing Minnesota that dirty. 

1 hour ago, pretty_rob said:

Wouldn’t Minnesota have to sign off on a transfer this late since transfer portal is closed? 
Would Eggum be willing to sign off on letting his biggest star in history walk out the door to a rival?

Personally I would love to see him at Iowa. Would make things more entertaining but I just don’t see him doing Minnesota that dirty. 

I could be wrong, but I don't think the same rules apply to grad transfers. Gable graduated from UM in May 2022.

3 minutes ago, headshuck said:

“hey, hey, hey, hey, push, pull. Push, pull.” Repeat

Tom Brands >>>>> Brandon Eggum

I hope the HWC throws the checkbook at him. Training in the new facility with the sport's largest, most passionate fanbase behind you doesn't sound like a bad deal.

Tom Brands >>>>> Brandon Eggum
I hope the HWC throws the checkbook at him. Training in the new facility with the sport's largest, most passionate fanbase behind you doesn't sound like a bad deal.

I’d rather lose him to Penn State/NLWC, many more heavyweight training partners for him.
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, pretty_rob said:

I’m not sure if he has to go in the portal since he sat a year and was not enrolled.  I agree - I don’t see him going anywhere. I believe he’s still training in Minny. Wasn’t Eggum in his corner at X? 

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

8 minutes ago, headshuck said:

Well results would prove that Gable can do no better than Olympic Gold under Eggum and Brandsvold.

I can envision a situation where he is the ultimate mercenary.

Cash the Iowa check, "enroll" at Iowa, spend all your time training freestyle exclusively in Minnesota with Eggum and Brandsvold, show up at a few home duals, B1Gs and NCAAs and dominate anyway. Never bother with collecting that Iowa post-grad degree.

Edited by Wrestleknownothing

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

23 minutes ago, headshuck said:

I’d rather lose him to Penn State/NLWC, many more heavyweight training partners for him.

I would rather see him stay at Minny, but if he left  I agree.  I see him as way more of a Carl guy than a Tom guy. 

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Well... the WWE developmental league/school/academy/boot camp is in Orlando right?

If he has to still be committed to that, he may need to stay close to there.

Another idea or possibility is that the WWE has other sites for training.  I don't know where those might be or if they even exist.

He seemed pretty adamant on competing in several interviews now.  He didn't commit himself to Minny, though, and did reiterate that he would have to talk to the WWE and figure out the logistics.  That tells me he might have to compete elsewhere.  If he can't, then he might now compete at all.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

I can envision a situation where he is the ultimate mercenary.
Cash the Iowa check, "enroll" at Iowa, spend all your time training freestyle exclusively in Minnesota with Eggum and Brandsvold, show up at a few home duals, B1Gs and NCAAs and dominate anyway. Never bother with collecting that Iowa post-grad degree.

On that note, he is still training in Minnesota and has been as recently as yesterday. I imagine it would be a little awkward if everyone there knew he was negotiating with Iowa Boosters on his new contract(s) while training in the gopher room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, poorwrestler said:

On that note, he is still training in Minnesota and has been as recently as yesterday. I imagine it would be a little awkward if everyone there knew he was negotiating with Iowa Boosters on his new contract(s) while training in the gopher room.

Did Snyder or Dake quit training while they were negotiating with NLWC?

37 minutes ago, poorwrestler said:

They’ve done alright by him so far, I think

Sure.  Steveson is pretty plug and play, but he has certainly thrived while working there.  What about the rest of the roster?

Sure.  Steveson is pretty plug and play, but he has certainly thrived while working there.  What about the rest of the roster?

They’ve not done as well, obviously. We’re talking about Gable though, aren’t we?

I actually think Eggum and co. Have proven to be pretty good at development. Getting an AA out of Jake Bergeland, who wasn’t ranked in the top 150 in his class as a recruit, turning similarly unranked recruits like Bailee O’Reilly, Garrett Joles, Jake Gliva and Cael Carlson into respectable big ten wrestlers, etc.

There haven’t been a ton of highly ranked guys that have come here and flopped since Eggum really took over.

It’s the recruiting/retaining department they’ve sucked at. We know this, but it’s not the topic of discussion.

• Fire 1

23 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Another idea or possibility is that the WWE has other sites for training.  I don't know where those might be or if they even exist.

So the wwe developmental center is in Orlando. However, wrestlers have their own schools across the country. 

That said, I would think while he's competing he's likely not training in ring. 

3 minutes ago, poorwrestler said:

They’ve not done as well, obviously. We’re talking about Gable though, aren’t we?

I actually think Eggum and co. Have proven to be pretty good at development. Getting an AA out of Jake Bergeland, who wasn’t ranked in the top 150 in his class as a recruit, turning similarly unranked recruits like Bailee O’Reilly, Garrett Joles, Jake Gliva and Cael Carlson into respectable big ten wrestlers, etc.

There haven’t been a ton of highly ranked guys that have come here and flopped since Eggum really took over.

It’s the recruiting/retaining department they’ve sucked at. We know this, but it’s not the topic of discussion.

The truth is, Gable would have thrived wherever he went.  He is that level of talent.  From my nosebleed view, his skillset hasn't expanded that much, he's mostly fine-tuned that, but where he has improved most has been his physical shape and body, so props to the Minnesota strength/conditioning program for that.  I'm not even trying to rub any Gopher fans noses in anything; honestly, if I had to guess, I'd say he stays at Minny for his final year.