Smokers (Meat)

Husker_Du

4 hours ago, Husker_Du said:

hell hath frozen over. Me and BBBrain agree on a couple things. 

Beef cooked over charcoal is amazing. I bought a pit boss pellet grill when I moved last and it’s a great grill but I had to go buy another Weber Kettle because I missed my charcoal cooked steaks and burgers too much. I still use the pit boss more often because it’s super convenient but you can’t beat the coals…

• Fire 1

33 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

This has nothing to do with smoking or meats, but I'm considering this as a catch-all food thread.

Today I'm doing the one chip challenge.  Just laid down a foundation of mashed potatoes in my stomach to try and make things a little easier on the guts

Sounds like a bad idea.

• Fire 1
  • Haha 1

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

1 hour ago, flyingcement said:

This has nothing to do with smoking or meats, but I'm considering this as a catch-all food thread.

Today I'm doing the one chip challenge.  Just laid down a foundation of mashed potatoes in my stomach to try and make things a little easier on the guts

I want to know how it went.  My son's worst effect from it was three acid he was showing spewing from his stomach. 

I'm not brave enough,  so I admire you. 

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

1 hour ago, flyingcement said:

Enjoy!  I love pepper so much.

2 hours ago, flyingcement said:

You should go rake the astroturf now so you've got a chance one thing will work out today.  😉

• Haha 1

Mashed potatoes?  Maybe ice cream would be more soothing. 

Just now, Offthemat said:

Mashed potatoes?  Maybe ice cream would be more soothing. 

I wanted fat and soluble fiber as a base.  I'm dairy free anyway.  Just went through with it. Was quite painful and intense but with the help of a half gallon of oat milk, my mouth is back to normal.  I'm just praying for my intestines 

• Fire 1

Let us know it goes. I'm growing Carolina Reapers and White Ghost peppers. Most should be ready to pick this week!

• Fire 1

4 minutes ago, Ohio Elite said:

Let us know it goes. I'm growing Carolina Reapers and White Ghost peppers. Most should be ready to pick this week!

I lasted a minute before racing for extinguisher.  Worth it as an adrenaline seeking endeavor for me.  I know it's not for everyone.  That's awesome you can actually get stuff to grow.  I've tried many types but I am a terrible Gardner.  It's usually down to me over or under watering.  What do you do with all of yours? Make sauces or eat them as they are?  

5 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

I lasted a minute before racing for extinguisher.  Worth it as an adrenaline seeking endeavor for me.  I know it's not for everyone.  That's awesome you can actually get stuff to grow.  I've tried many types but I am a terrible Gardner.  It's usually down to me over or under watering.  What do you do with all of yours? Make sauces or eat them as they are?  

Vegetables don't grow in astroturf.  🙄

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Ohio Elite said:

Very cool.  We have a bunch coming around as well.  I nibbled on reaper and ghost slivers this morning to see how they are faring.  Good stuff.  I love the smell of a super hot pepper. I wish I could make it into a fragrance for my car.

18 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

I started these in January, the Super hots take forever to fruit. This year I want to try to make some spicey blueberry jam. Made some fruit based sauces last year, they were pretty good.

Alot of trial and error, just started goofing around with em last summer.

Still not ready to eat a full Reaper, I'd probably load up on Ice cream first if I give it a go. I want to, but scared 😱 

• Fire 1

1 minute ago, Plasmodium said:

Very cool.  We have a bunch coming around as well.  I nibbled on reaper and ghost slivers this morning to see how they are faring.  Good stuff.  I love the smell of a super hot pepper. I wish I could make it into a fragrance for my car.

I know exactly what you're talking about. It's an evil smell, but a good evil...

6 hours ago, Ohio Elite said:

I would think you'd already be picking by now.  We here in Ioway have been. 

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

I'm surprised that none of us have offered a brief tribute to the recent passing of Smash Burger, given our discussion of this delicacy. 

RIP, Smash Burger.

6 hours ago, billyhoyle said:

Smash Burgers: great if you love your steaks well done and your pizza with pineapple on it. 

Don't you lump in pineapple on pizza with well done steaks....... One is delicious, the other an abomination.

• Haha 1