U20 and U23s - US - June ‘23

6 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

James Green?  I think he retired because he needs hip surgery.  Not sure on his current hip status.

I think "needing hip surgery" and "just received hip surgery" will both result in stiffness.

i believe he has had surgery since retiring...

30 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

James Green?  I think he retired because he needs hip surgery.  Not sure on his current hip status.

I think "needing hip surgery" and "just received hip surgery" will both result in stiffness.

I had thought he had the hip surgery o er a year ago, so I expected further recovery was why I asked.  My question was a sort of 'Did he get further surgery?' thing.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

so...

it's no secret i find it hard to follow this style...

but...

does anyone know which of these weights can be claimed by a senior competitor that is age eligible?

i just can't be bothered to look it up and wouldn't know who is still eligible anyway...

13 minutes ago, LJB said:

does anyone know which of these weights can be claimed by a senior competitor that is age eligible?

I think Aaron Brooks and Keegan O'Toole. I thought Sasso was still U23 eligible too? Or I'm wrong all the way around...:classic_wacko:

I think Aaron Brooks and Keegan O'Toole. I thought Sasso was still U23 eligible too? Or I'm wrong all the way around...:classic_wacko:

Only if Keegan wins the 3rd place match at 74kg.

Brooks gets the spot automatically as he’s 2nd, at worst.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Fire 1

I’m a fan of Nick Lee, Penn State and NLWC, so it pains me to say that Matt Lee should seriously consider transferring. He could easily start at a school like Indiana or Purdue. Looked great against Ramirez.

1 hour ago, Le duke said:

I’m a fan of Nick Lee, Penn State and NLWC, so it pains me to say that Matt Lee should seriously consider transferring. He could easily start at a school like Indiana or Purdue. Looked great against Ramirez.

Him and Joe should transfer, I agree.

1 hour ago, nhs67 said:

Him and Joe should transfer, I agree.

Why? They have all the wants and needs of a wrestler now. Who cares about starting for another school?or AA ing at the NCAA tournament? To progress to the next level, Hoosiers and Boilermakers ain’t gonna get them there. Come on people ,this is the new normal for D1 wrestling. 4 or 5 schools control the available inventory of elite wrestlers. The next tier down wrestlers want to work out with them, the elite.If it means riding the pine for 3- 4 years they will . This not obvious? Open your eyes!

10 minutes ago, Southend said:

Why? They have all the wants and needs of a wrestler now. Who cares about starting for another school?or AA ing at the NCAA tournament? To progress to the next level, Hoosiers and Boilermakers ain’t gonna get them there. Come on people ,this is the new normal for D1 wrestling. 4 or 5 schools control the available inventory of elite wrestlers. The next tier down wrestlers want to work out with them, the elite.If it means riding the pine for 3- 4 years they will . This not obvious? Open your eyes!

Quit yelling.

• Fire 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Southend said:

Joe went from being a national qualifier to losing to backups.  Looks like he’s regressed.

On 6/3/2023 at 10:18 PM, nhs67 said:

Honestly Singleton and Mendez wrestled out of their minds.  Both up a weight class from regular season college.

Got to be honest, I was (and to some extent still am) skeptical about Mendez bumping up to 141, but the success he's having in FS (albeit U20s) as an undersized 65Kg is impressive. Kid has some dog in him. 

• Fire 1

15 minutes ago, TylerDurden said:

Got to be honest, I was (and to some extent still am) skeptical about Mendez bumping up to 141, but the success he's having in FS (albeit U20s) as an undersized 65Kg is impressive. Kid has some dog in him. 

He used his US Open mulligan to it's full extent.

15 minutes ago, MPhillips said:

The RS year will do him some good...💪

Are we for sure redshirtting him over there at tOSUJ?

Which of these lineups is better, in your honest opinion, assuming Bouzakis at 133.

141 - Mendez
149 - D'Amilio
157 - Sasso
165 - Hepner/Paddy G
174 - Kharchla/Welsh

OR

141 - D'Amilio
149 - Sasso
157 - Paddy G
165 - Hepner
174 - Kharchla/Welsh

Also, even if Kharchla is healthy (he isn't - again), what odds do you give Welsh at 174 being the starter?  Is the plan to redshirt him (period)?  Might he end up going 184?  Does he beat Shumate out?  LINEUP QUESTIONS GALORE!  Good ones, too.

13 hours ago, bnwtwg said:

I’ll put $100 that doesn’t happen. DMs are open for all takers.

I would never take the bet.  Ever.

I will ask you this, though...

You understand he has beaten Pantaleo in college before, right?

4-0 at Midlands five years ago.