U20 and U23s - US - June ‘23

8 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Are we for sure redshirtting him over there at tOSUJ?

Which of these lineups is better, in your honest opinion, assuming Bouzakis at 133.

141 - Mendez
149 - D'Amilio
157 - Sasso
165 - Hepner/Paddy G
174 - Kharchla/Welsh

OR

141 - D'Amilio
149 - Sasso
157 - Paddy G
165 - Hepner
174 - Kharchla/Welsh

Also, even if Kharchla is healthy (he isn't - again), what odds do you give Welsh at 174 being the starter?  Is the plan to redshirt him (period)?  Might he end up going 184?  Does he beat Shumate out?  LINEUP QUESTIONS GALORE!  Good ones, too.

Paddy Gallagher lost to Terrell Barraclaugh this weekend. Twice. 5-1 and 12-6. Barraclough is the 157lb backup for PSU who has a hard time scoring on B1G 157lb starters.

Put Sasso up there and you get AA points at 141, 149, 157 and 174. If you don't, you only AA at 141, 149 and 174.

I would think that tOSU would get more overall points out of the former lineup, rather than the latter. Bump everyone up and get Mendez into the lineup at 141. I think Kharchla scores more at 174 than he does at 165, but that's not a lot, either way.

46 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

LINEUP QUESTIONS GALORE!  Good ones, too.

I don't believe we get this lineup, but if Mendez was wrestling this is how it would look to me. Tom hasn't consulted me on this yet.

125 McCrone- 133 Bouzakis- 141  Mendez- 149 D'Emilio- 157 Sasso- 165 Hepner- 174 Kharchla- 184 Shumate- 197 Geog- 285 Feldman.

No answers for Paddy or Hoffman or Kharch's injury. Welsh and Kilkeary RS.

Edited by MPhillips

1 hour ago, nhs67 said:

I would never take the bet.  Ever.

I will ask you this, though...

You understand he has beaten Pantaleo in college before, right?

4-0 at Midlands five years ago.

Freestyle Pantaleo today is a very different beast than 2018 folk Pantaleo. Still can't believe he won't be wrestling this weekend.

i am an idiot on the internet

6 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

Freestyle Pantaleo today is a very different beast than 2018 folk Pantaleo. Still can't believe he won't be wrestling this weekend.

Wait...?  What?

Pantaleo isn't wrestling this weekend?

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

1 minute ago, nhs67 said:

Wait...?  What?

Pantaleo isn't wrestling this weekend?

Sorry, I meant to say I can't believe he won't be wrestling against Retherford this weekend. My bad

4 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

Sorry, I meant to say I can't believe he won't be wrestling against Retherford this weekend. My bad

Shit, bro... you had me searching the twitterspheres and instergamgams.

I nearly sent KJ a text.  NEARLY.

Shit, bro... you had me searching the twitterspheres and instergamgams.

I nearly sent KJ a text.  NEARLY.

You should text him to make sure Cox doesn't blow weight again. Word on the street is he was up to almost 250.

4 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

You should text him to make sure Cox doesn't blow weight again. Word on the street is he was up to almost 250.

I hate texting just to talk business.  It makes it so they want to talk less business when you're actually around them and I enjoy me some KJ.

7 hours ago, Le duke said:

Paddy Gallagher lost to Terrell Barraclaugh this weekend. Twice. 5-1 and 12-6. Barraclough is the 157lb backup for PSU who has a hard time scoring on B1G 157lb starters.

Put Sasso up there and you get AA points at 141, 149, 157 and 174. If you don't, you only AA at 141, 149 and 174.

I would think that tOSU would get more overall points out of the former lineup, rather than the latter. Bump everyone up and get Mendez into the lineup at 141. I think Kharchla scores more at 174 than he does at 165, but that's not a lot, either way.

Paddy ain't what he was advertised to be, and it is a fookin' shame.  Love the name.

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Paddy ain't what he was advertised to be, and it is a fookin' shame.  Love the name.

Definitely a bit of a bummer to watch as an Eds and tOSU fan. #1 overall recruit and he's losing to backups. Anybody know what's up with him? 

• Fire 2

12 hours ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

My granda came over exactly 100 years ago from County Cork.  Was a Union man in Cleveland.  I'd gladly support a Paddy Gallagher from St. Eds.   Damned hard.

Lots of Cleveland union men in my family as well! Still rooting for him to turn the corner.

• Fire 1

19 minutes ago, alex1fly said:

Heavyweight to 197 to... what does he look like now?

He looks considerably leaner than he did to start the NCAA season.  I imagine he was cutting a good bit at first.  Now he is at a manageable weight.

• Fire 2

This aged very well...

Only one person took me up on it. Thank god.

Also, I think you are as disappointed as I am that Pantaleo seems to have been surpassed in what coulda shoulda woulda have been "his" year.

Just now, bnwtwg said:

Only one person took me up on it. Thank god.

Also, I think you are as disappointed as I am that Pantaleo seems to have been surpassed in what coulda shoulda woulda have been "his" year.

Yeah.  Sad as shit for him.

He was healthy and good to go.

He will be shrinking down now and has no obligations to stay in shape for 70 KG for Team USA, so there is a silver lining?

16 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Yeah.  Sad as shit for him.

He was healthy and good to go.

He will be shrinking down now and has no obligations to stay in shape for 70 KG for Team USA, so there is a silver lining?

You think he's going down?!? He's like 5% body fat as is. Better to chance the gauntlet with a year of healthy gains methinks

1 minute ago, bnwtwg said:

You think he's going down?!? He's like 5% body fat as is. Better to chance the gauntlet with a year of healthy gains methinks

He tried to go 74 KG last time and he said he couldn't get above 160lbs despite trying.  He is very lean and disciplined all the time.  65 KG shouldn't be a problem if that is his focus for the next year.

Imagine him and Garrett going at it.

He tried to go 74 KG last time and he said he couldn't get above 160lbs despite trying.  He is very lean and disciplined all the time.  65 KG shouldn't be a problem if that is his focus for the next year.

Imagine him and Garrett going at it.

I just can't see him sucked down to 143.3 either. I literally don't see an ounce of body fat on him. That's a tough break and "tweeners" get the shit end of the stick