Cornell - Wiscy

nhs67

To be honest, I was flabbergasted at what happened w/ Yanni today. What was he thinking after coming in 2nd at the Worlds just recently... that Gomez was just going to roll over?!? On ANY given day... WHAM!😏

I guess he's going to re-evaluate the situation... AND make some much needed adjustments.

We're not in Serbia anymore...  😉

D3

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

On 11/16/2022 at 11:13 AM, ionel said:

If the thread ages well you could then call it Bourbon and Wkn would be happy.  🙂

I do not discriminate against any whisky/whiskey.

Had a little Laphroaig Quarter Cask last night. The dregs dried on the bottom and the glass smelled like a bonfire. It was wonderful.

• Fire 1

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

I thought Ungar looked very good in a riding time point loss.

I thought Vito looked great.

Cornella did what he had to do to get a W.

Yianni had no offense for Gomez.  Gomez matched Yianni funk for funk and even got a TD and back points on a counter to one funk.  Yianni wanted no part of Gomez up top in neutral position, of course.  Yianni seemed to give up half a minute into period 3.

Model/Handlovic was a snoozer won by Model.

Hamiti/Ramirez was a good match for 2 minutes.  Hamiti is relentless.  The thing I don't understand is how has Hamiti wrestled so much and still look like a young Tom Brady.  If the wrestling thing doesn't work out, he could star in a soap opera.

Foca looked pretty good in winning 6-3, but I don't know the level of competition here.

Loew looked good.  Used his height and reach advantage well, just missing a major.  I think Darmstadt would be proud.

Cardenas could not get in on Amos and didn't want to go up top from neutral.  Not a lot of action.  Amos 2-0.

Hilger outmuscled Fernandes to win 5-2.

Wisconsin 19-13.

Bono and Reader had their boys ready to go.  They were not in the least psyched by the noise in Friedman for the start to the end.  Not the result I hoped for, but for the most part a competitive, exciting match.

• Fire 1

3 minutes ago, BerniePragle said:

Hamiti/Ramirez was a good match for 2 minutes.  Hamiti is relentless.  The thing I don't understand is how has Hamiti wrestled so much and still look like a young Tom Brady.  If the wrestling thing doesn't work out, he could star in a soap opera.

I know a guy who will "guarantee" his acting career.  

35 minutes ago, JBluegill133 said:

After watching Vito dismantle Lamont, where do we put his chances against RBY and Fix? Any entertainment of him taking either of these two out? 

Ah, one of the last discussions at themat…

I’d give him a decent chance against Fix, and not much chance against RBY but wouldn’t be totally shocked if he did beat him 

24 minutes ago, headshuck said:

I thought Yianni initiated most of the offense and maybe tuckered and frustrated himself out?

He most definitely was frustrated from about the beginning of the 2nd period.  I didn't think he was gassed.  Bono, Reader, Gross, whoever had a heck of a game plan or maybe Gomez was a horrible matchup.  Honestly, it looked like some of both.  When he came out, you could tell that Gomez was pumped up for the match and was ready to go.   I know he always is, but he seemed to be ready to silence the crowd and did.  That match really took the air out of Friedman Center.

14 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

One does not get tuckered, one gets plumb tuckered out.

I agree:

'When you are plumb tuckered out, plumb is used as an intensifier, and tuckered out has been around in American vernacular since at least 1839, when the phrase was published in a newspaper — the Wisconsin Enquirer — “I reckoned to have got to the tavern by sundown, but I haven’t, as I’m prodigiously tuckered out.”

And this from the more polished Atlantic Monthly, founded in 1857: “She then informed me that the first time she had mounted the colt he had nearly bucked her to pieces; he had jumped and jounced till she was plum(b) tuckered out before he had given up.”'

Seems some Wisconsin and Atlantic coast history so a Wisconsin vs Cornell match, sure there could be some plumb tuckering🙂

Edited by ionel
  • Fire 2

15 hours ago, neweruser69 said:

I think Yianni takes the next one.

It does occur to me that he is a PRIME HEW candidate though. Guy has been nonstop for as long as I can remember, he's probably ready for his collegiate career to end. 

Everyone counted Gomez out for his second match with Sasso last year, too.

Worked out well for Gomez...

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me