Snowflakes offended by cultural appropriation

jross

8 hours ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

It's just a lot of bickering with little to no end in sight.

To be honest, we never really did "know our way" - ever.

Some like to pretend that in the old days things were simple and everything was clear. But it wasn't. Ever.

We didn't lose our way - we have just found a new set of problems. And, after this, there will be another new set.

Still doesn't address one of his main points...why not just leave people alone?  Why shove people's sexuality down everyone's throats?  I have said many times, I couldn't care less what adults do in their private lives as long as it is legal, I don't judge them for who they choose to love, and everyone should be treated equally and based on their character and nothing more, but this obsession with glorifying a very small segment of the population is ridiculous.  I get it they were/are oppressed, and that sucks, but glorifying their sexuality and sexual identity will not change the past, and in my opinion isn't helping them for the future.  I think if more people had the attitude of just leave each other alone, we would be a much happier society and there would be a lot more tolerance.

15 hours ago, Bigbrog said:

Still doesn't address one of his main points...why not just leave people alone?  Why shove people's sexuality down everyone's throats?  I have said many times, I couldn't care less what adults do in their private lives as long as it is legal, I don't judge them for who they choose to love, and everyone should be treated equally and based on their character and nothing more, but this obsession with glorifying a very small segment of the population is ridiculous.  I get it they were/are oppressed, and that sucks, but glorifying their sexuality and sexual identity will not change the past, and in my opinion isn't helping them for the future.  I think if more people had the attitude of just leave each other alone, we would be a much happier society and there would be a lot more tolerance.

I agree with almost everything in your post. Agreement is about 95%.

But the part above in bold, is slightly different. It isn't FACT. It is an INTERPRETATION/PERSPECTIVE OF FACT

• Is this group really being "glorified?" That isn't clear - and is worthy of discussion. Thin line between celebrating themselves and being glorified.
  • Is this group a "very small segment of the population?' Might well not be. Hmmm - more discussion here.

As far as the rest - couldn't agree more with you. 

20 minutes ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

But the part above in bold, is slightly different. It isn't FACT. It is an INTERPRETATION/PERSPECTIVE OF FACT

• Is this group really being "glorified?" That isn't clear - and is worthy of discussion. Thin line between celebrating themselves and being glorified.
  • Is this group a "very small segment of the population?' Might well not be. Hmmm - more discussion here.

Sounds like BigBrog has had some impure, tempting thoughts.

Don't worry dude, our opinion of you won't drop.

7 hours ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

I agree that one of the bullet points could be argued and probably is a matter of definition of "glorified"

The second bullet though...you don't think it is fact that we are talking about a very small segment of the population?  Maybe it is the word "very" that gets things hung up?  When I wrote that I was thinking of the trans community not the full LGBTQ+ community...in that case I concede and remove the word "very".  Regardless, the point still stands...I'd be just as annoyed if there was a Heterosexual Month with parades, Heterosexual Flags, etc.  

7 hours ago, Mike Parrish said:

Sounds like BigBrog has had some impure, tempting thoughts.

Don't worry dude, our opinion of you won't drop.

I'm really disappointed Mikey...no links?  No twisting this to be about your secrete man crush Trump?  But what is hilarious is your feeble attempt at a rip on me...in honor of @LJB "*I have used this word too much*"...come on, you can do better.

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, Bigbrog said:

I agree that one of the bullet points could be argued and probably is a matter of definition of "glorified"

The second bullet though...you don't think it is fact that we are talking about a very small segment of the population?  Maybe it is the word "very" that gets things hung up?  When I wrote that I was thinking of the trans community not the full LGBTQ+ community...in that case I concede and remove the word "very".  Regardless, the point still stands...I'd be just as annoyed if there was a Heterosexual Month with parades, Heterosexual Flags, etc.  

We are partly back on topic. 

Snowflakes are offended by cultural appropriation.
Snowflakes want a month to celebrate their sexual choice and gender identity.

We need more Morgan Freemans in this world.  

39 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

But Michelle Obama and Opra are victims of systemic racism.  

please tell me neither of them has claimed that with a straight face...

i am begging here...

• Fire 1

16 hours ago, Bigbrog said:

"Glorified" - I see what you're saying. I guess it depends on who is doing the promotion. If it's the people themselves, then it seems more like celebration. If it's those other than the people themselves, then seems more like glorification. Can't get around it being a messy topic - no absolutes there. It is, without a doubt, a gray area.

"Second bullet" - I'm in your camp here, too (maybe surprisingly... maybe for both of us.) It is the word 'very.' I believe the 'straight' community is not quite as big of a majority as most people think. The 'non-straight' community is extremely difficult to count (for obvious reasons.) This, too, is a gray area.

Final agreement - we don't need government-financed months and parades and flags dedicated to people being themselves in order to get votes for politicians. We do need the freedom for us all to have parades and flags and celebrations about who we are, regardless of the viewpoint of politicians.

• Fire 1

12 hours ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

"Glorified" - I see what you're saying. I guess it depends on who is doing the promotion. If it's the people themselves, then it seems more like celebration. If it's those other than the people themselves, then seems more like glorification. Can't get around it being a messy topic - no absolutes there. It is, without a doubt, a gray area.

"Second bullet" - I'm in your camp here, too (maybe surprisingly... maybe for both of us.) It is the word 'very.' I believe the 'straight' community is not quite as big of a majority as most people think. The 'non-straight' community is extremely difficult to count (for obvious reasons.) This, too, is a gray area.

Final agreement - we don't need government-financed months and parades and flags dedicated to people being themselves in order to get votes for politicians. We do need the freedom for us all to have parades and flags and celebrations about who we are, regardless of the viewpoint of politicians.

Agreed

On 6/6/2023 at 12:10 PM, mspart said:

Why would these people need to be celebrated?   Perhaps we should leave them alone.  Perhaps they should do the same and leave others alone.   What was once kept behind closed doors is now out in the open.  Are we better for it?

We have now come to a place in time where a man is celebrated as being woman of the year.    Men are better at being a woman than a woman is.   That is what that is saying.   Does this boost women?   It diminishes them.  It is wrong for men to supplant women, when they physically cannot.  There is no scientific reason or biological reason to believe in this masquerade.   People can do what they want, but that does not mean they can do it to minors.   It does not mean they can afflict others to agree in their delusion.   It is delusionary to know you are a man but pretend to be a young girl.   Are we to now financially support a man who says he is a 6 year old girl because he can't take care of himself?   That is coming I'm sure.   

Men in women's locker rooms and bathrooms because they say they are a woman is now ok?  And real women who complain about this are the ones who are punished.   When did we lose our way? 

mspart

I wasn't kidding.  Men are better at being women than women are.  

https://www.cbsnews.com/sanfrancisco/news/transgender-miss-san-francisco-make-history-miss-california-pageant/

Transgender Miss San Francisco to make history at pageant for state title

SAN FRANCISCO -- When beauty queens from across the state compete in the Miss California pageant next month, this year's Miss San Francisco will make history when she takes the stage. She will be fighting for more than just a crown and a title. 

It's a moment Monroe Lace will never forget. Earlier this year she was crowned Miss San Francisco.

"It felt like a dream, because it's been a dream that I've had since I was a child," Lace explained. "Even though I am Miss San Francisco, I know my impact is much greater than that."

Monroe is the first transgender woman in the Miss San Francisco pageant's 99 year history. The crown and sash are more than just accessories. 

"Every time I put on the sash, the weight of it reminds me of the weight of my job; of the responsibility I have to make a difference for young children," Monroe said.

He is simply a better woman than the rest. 

mspart

• Fire 1

34 minutes ago, mspart said:

I wasn't kidding.  Men are better at being women than women are.  

https://www.cbsnews.com/sanfrancisco/news/transgender-miss-san-francisco-make-history-miss-california-pageant/

Transgender Miss San Francisco to make history at pageant for state title

SAN FRANCISCO -- When beauty queens from across the state compete in the Miss California pageant next month, this year's Miss San Francisco will make history when she takes the stage. She will be fighting for more than just a crown and a title. 

It's a moment Monroe Lace will never forget. Earlier this year she was crowned Miss San Francisco.

"It felt like a dream, because it's been a dream that I've had since I was a child," Lace explained. "Even though I am Miss San Francisco, I know my impact is much greater than that."

Monroe is the first transgender woman in the Miss San Francisco pageant's 99 year history. The crown and sash are more than just accessories. 

"Every time I put on the sash, the weight of it reminds me of the weight of my job; of the responsibility I have to make a difference for young children," Monroe said.

He is simply a better woman than the rest. 

mspart

Do you apply this snark to women competing with men in sports?