Snowflakes offended by cultural appropriation

jross

2 hours ago, Plasmodium said:

Do you apply this snark to women competing with men in sports?

Now you are identifying a beauty contest as a sporting event?   Dude!!   I'm not sure anyone will follow your lead but you go man. 

I haven't noted any women beating males in an NCAA or pro event, have you?   So in answer to your question, No, I don't.  Next time a woman beats a man at Mr Olympia let me know. 

mspart

22 minutes ago, mspart said:

Now you are identifying a beauty contest as a sporting event?   Dude!!   I'm not sure anyone will follow your lead but you go man. 

I haven't noted any women beating males in an NCAA or pro event, have you?   So in answer to your question, No, I don't.  Next time a woman beats a man at Mr Olympia let me know. 

mspart

It is a competition.  It has competitors.  One of them won fair and square.  You are throwing snark.  It is pointless.

I don't know how many times I heard ridicule for girls when they competed against boys in wrestling.  From coaches because there is "no honor in beating a girl", boys are in a no-win situation, for religious reasons.... There is no end to it. 

56 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

It is a competition.  It has competitors.  One of them won fair and square.  You are throwing snark.  It is pointless.

this is not even *I have used this word too much*...

flat out ridiculous...

38 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

I don't know how many times I heard ridicule for girls when they competed against boys in wrestling.  From coaches because there is "no honor in beating a girl", boys are in a no-win situation, for religious reasons.... There is no end to it. 

Hey Plasi - You are identifying a beauty pageant as a sporting event.  This is by far one of the funniest things you have said.   As far as the winner of Miss SF, you are in the right place.    As for your comment about girls beating boys, top girls can beat mediocre boys.   Top girls will very rarely if ever beat top boys in a sporting competition unless it is a beauty pageant.   Then is when the true luster of men win out over women.   It is a proud day for sure. 

I notice you are not arguing my point about no women have beaten men in top tier sports at the highest level.   But I can give you various examples of the reverse.   Lia Thomas is but one example, 463rd ranked male swimmer, becomes an NCAA champion in women's swimming in the first year of him competing in women's swimming.   Recent weight lifting competition in Canada where a guy won the women's division.   https://www.foxsports.com.au/more-sports/bearded-man-smashes-womens-weightlighting-record-held-by-trans-lifter/news-story/92986fdec0b7e855b8b6f6271d938e8d 

US women's soccer just lost a 45 minute friendly to Wrexham AFC.    That's 24-nil in a 90 minute standard game that usually is not that kind of a blowout.  https://www.cbssports.com/soccer/news/u-s-women-bring-fun-and-brave-perspective-in-12-0-elimination-loss-to-wrexham-in-the-soccer-tournament/   Yes it was fun and brave to lose so horribly.   At least they kept it to 12. 

In addition, US women's soccer lost to a U15 boys team in Dallas.   https://www.cbssports.com/soccer/news/a-dallas-fc-under-15-boys-squad-beat-the-u-s-womens-national-team-in-a-scrimmage/   Oh they weren't serious.   The boys apparently were.  That is just plain embarrassing. 

https://www.sportskeeda.com/tennis/news-the-williams-sisters-vs-karsten-braasch-the-world-no-203-destroyed-serena-williams-venus-williams-battle-sexes

Oh, and lets not forget Serena and Venus Williams losing 6-1 and 6-2 respectively to Karsten Braasch ranked 203 in men's tennis, prompting Serena to say about playing Andy Murray "Andy Murray has been joking about myself and him playing a match. I'm like, 'Seriously? Are you kidding me?' Men's tennis and women's tennis are two completely different sports," Serena Williams said. "If I were to play him, I'd lose 6-0, 6-0 within 10 minutes. Men are a lot faster, they serve and hit harder. It's a different game."

Please provide examples of women beating men where the men are at the highest level of their sport, not including beauty contests.  

mspart

• Fire 1

This is one odd conversation.  I don't care about the Miss SF competition.  Dollars to doughnuts you don't either.  But you do care about the sexuality of the competitors.  I don't.

Of course, the Miss SF pageant isn't a sport.  But it is analogous to a sport in that it is a competition. It has competitors.  You care about what the competitor(s) is or isn't rather than the competition - which you probably don't actually care about anyway. Weird that it is on your radar.  How did it get there if you don't mind my asking?

As far as women and men in sports go - the question was and is - do you throw snark at women who compete with men?  I feel it is better to respect the people that put it on the line.

15 hours ago, Plasmodium said:

As the father of a daughter who won exactly 100 wrestling matches against boys in high school...

• Fire 1