World Team Trials

30 minutes ago, mspart said:

I am giving here my intent to crash the party and enter the WTTs as a competitor.   After WTTs I might have 1 or 2 arms less than I have now, but it will be worth it.   They will let me in right?

mspart

I am sure Erik "The People's Choice" Hinckley knows the answer.

https://themat.tv/all_videos/54016-97-kg-rnd-of-16-erik-hinckley-us-army-vs-danny-chaid-california-rtc?page=17188

At least they're holding the women's trials in a high end facility...

The Senior women’s freestyle tournament will take place Sunday, May 21, at Discovery Canyon High School. Action will begin at 10 a.m. (MT) with finals scheduled for 4:30 p.m. (MT).

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mike Parrish said:

I didn't look.
All I can say is 'classy'...

You’re looking at this all wrong and need to approach with an IDEA mindset

I (inclusive) because it welcomes all ages since it’s a high school gym

D (diversity) because underrepresented wrestling groups are participating e.g. greco-roman to grow participation among high school attendees

E (equity) because everyone is stuck competing in the same high school gym

A (accessibility) because it’s a high school gym and therefore meets ADA requirements which is better than some world seniors events can say…

i am an idiot on the internet

32 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

You’re looking at this all wrong and need to approach with an IDEA mindset

I (inclusive) because it welcomes all ages since it’s a high school gym

D (diversity) because underrepresented wrestling groups are participating e.g. greco-roman to grow participation among high school attendees

E (equity) because everyone is stuck competing in the same high school gym

A (accessibility) because it’s a high school gym and therefore meets ADA requirements which is better than some world seniors events can say…

EW

E (Ew) - Because it's WTT and respect should be put on that name.

W (WAY Ew) - Because it's WTT and respect should be put on that name.

• Fire 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

3 hours ago, Mike Parrish said:

I didn't look.
All I can say is 'classy'...

while i do agree with the basic premise...

maybe in a high school gym it will look somewhat attended...

not like very many "fans" come to support real wrestling anyway...

2 hours ago, flyingcement said:

As a kid, how cool would it be if World Team Trials were held at your high school?  

Well it was in some of Indiana High Schools the crowd would be lucky to fill 1/4 of it, especially with this years lack of all weight classes. 

58 minutes ago, RandolphTJones said:

Zilmer injured bad or something??

Had a bad cut trying to get back to his college weight of 70kg for US Open and surgeons had trouble reattaching his left leg in time for WTT

• Fire 1

i am an idiot on the internet

Tough day at the office…

while up 4-0 early in his first Mach, the boy is defending a front headlock and pops something in his hamstring on his post leg and gets teched…

Had to be carried off the mat…

2 weeks before U20 trials and no clue if he will have any chance to take the mat…

Two weeks ago while wrestling Corey Land in the finals of U20, he is taking Land feet to back for the tech and Land’s foot gets stuck in the mat and totally destroys his knee…

This sport can be brutal at times…

• Stalling 1

Side note…

spent the day watching with a 6X Estonian National champ and Euro silver medalist…

he was absolutely horrified at the quality of reffing…

it’s embarrassing our athletes are continually let down by an organization that treats the most populate style worldwide as an afterthought…

• Fire 1

20 minutes ago, LJB said:

Tough day at the office…

while up 4-0 early in his first Mach, the boy is defending a front headlock and pops something in his hamstring on his post leg and gets teched…

Had to be carried off the mat…

2 weeks before U20 trials and no clue if he will have any chance to take the mat…

Two weeks ago while wrestling Corey Land in the finals of U20, he is taking Land feet to back for the tech and Land’s foot gets stuck in the mat and totally destroys his knee…

This sport can be brutal at times…

Sorry, dude.

4 minutes ago, Mike Parrish said:

Sorry, dude.

Yeah…

there isn’t one athlete that hasn’t had to deal with this type of thing, but, it was tough watching him break down knowing how well he has been wrestling…

he was very confident going into today and was looking good first minute and a half…

seeing our PT guy tomorrow for a first real assessment past the trainer at the event…