Where should nationals be held?

Phoenix would be a great option. I would go 1) Nashville 2) Phoenix 3) Atlanta if I were to rank non-traditional NCAA sites. Anyone who complains about Phoenix is most likely an east coaster who doesn’t want *a dose of the same medicine that the western schools have to endure without complaint year in and year out.

Edited by bnwtwg
I forgot the word “a” because I’m a dumb dumb
  • Fire 1

i am an idiot on the internet

18 hours ago, bnwtwg said:

Phoenix would be a great option. I would go 1) Nashville 2) Phoenix 3) Atlanta if I were to rank non-traditional NCAA sites. Anyone who complains about Phoenix is most likely an east coaster who doesn’t want *a dose of the same medicine that the western schools have to endure without complaint year in and year out.

Doubt it.  50% of the people living in Phoenix are from the east coast.  Great time to catch up with relatives

Edited by PortaJohn

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

On 5/3/2023 at 5:40 AM, PortaJohn said:

I guess there's none unless they downsized it and went with Viejas arena.  But can we go somewhere warm for once

The largest indoor arena in the San Diego area is Pechanga, which only holds 14,600.

80 miles north, the Honda Center in Anaheim holds a max of 18.900.  It's in a pretty good area, although most of the best hotels and restaurants are concentrated near Disneyland, which is 3 miles down the road.

The largest indoor arena in the LA area is probably the Crypto.com area (formerly the Staples Center), about 19,000.  Downtown LA is pretty congested and would be difficult to get around.

2 hours ago, KennyEBHS said:

They didn't show on the list in my search.

Footprint Center in downtown Phoenix. Glendale arena or whatever it's called at Westgate was the home to the NHL Coyotes until this year. Also Chase Field right across the street from the Footprint Center. I suppose if they felt like slumming it, they could also use State Farm Stadium which has a retractable roof and seats 70,000. 

• Fire 1

4 hours ago, KennyEBHS said:

They didn't show on the list in my search.

1 hour ago, Tripnsweep said:

Footprint Center in downtown Phoenix. Glendale arena or whatever it's called at Westgate was the home to the NHL Coyotes until this year. Also Chase Field right across the street from the Footprint Center. I suppose if they felt like slumming it, they could also use State Farm Stadium which has a retractable roof and seats 70,000. 

How many teams can drive to Tampa or Phoenix?  I can think of one but I may not be thinking hard enough.  

3 minutes ago, CHROMEBIRD said:

OK, now how do we get these great cities to submit a bid to host Nationals?

Just guessing you first need to convince the NCAA to ask these cities to submit a bid.  Do you really think the NCAA wants to pay for all the programs across the country to fly to these locations?

6 minutes ago, ionel said:

Just guessing you first need to convince the NCAA to ask these cities to submit a bid.  Do you really think the NCAA wants to pay for all the programs across the country to fly to these locations?

I don't know about that. The NCAA puts out RFPs for all its divisions and sports championships, along with checklists and requirements for the facility, equipment, broadcast, promotions, lodging, accessibility, etc. NCAA pays for transportation, lodging, and/or per diems for teams and tournament officials & staff so location is a consideration but I'd be surprised if they target or only invite specific cities to submit a bid.

11 minutes ago, CHROMEBIRD said:

I don't know about that. The NCAA puts out RFPs for all its divisions and sports championships, along with checklists and requirements for the facility, equipment, broadcast, promotions, lodging, accessibility, etc. NCAA pays for transportation, lodging, and/or per diems for teams and tournament officials & staff so location is a consideration but I'd be surprised if they target or only invite specific cities to submit a bid.

So free for all system?