Bill Zadick to OU

SoonerKing

3 minutes ago, H82Lose said:

No "Hate" I think it is more of, they felt there were better coaches out there.  I think MANY want OU ties to the program to get the history back. ie. Oklahoma football currently. 

Doesn't look like the people that do have OU ties are beating the door down for that job. If the boosters have a challenge with Nickerson, they may never get "their guy". 

30 minutes ago, Formally140 said:

This sounds like a cluster unfortunately 😕

ABSOLUTE cluster. Like I said, they thought Koll was their guy, no back up. Then Nickerson, and that was a no go.  Then I heard Hahn was seriously thinking about it, and didn't take it. When you are letting the boosters run things, this is what happens.  Get 10-12 candiates and do this shit quietly, keep it all behind closed doors and make a selection and move on. 

32 minutes ago, TexRef said:

Doesn't look like the people that do have OU ties are beating the door down for that job. If the boosters have a challenge with Nickerson, they may never get "their guy". 

Again, I believe if Kendric was offered out of the gate, and not like the "ok I guess we will take you then" choice he would have considered it.  

39 minutes ago, H82Lose said:

No "Hate" I think it is more of, they felt there were better coaches out there.  I think MANY want OU ties to the program to get the history back. ie. Oklahoma football currently. 

well ... they are going to be in the SEC ... maybe they should get an SEC coach.  🤔

• Fire 2

1 hour ago, ionel said:

well ... they are going to be in the SEC ... maybe they should get an SEC coach.  🤔

Kevin Jackson is probably available for one more run as HC. The team might have trouble making weight in a timely manner though...

Edited by bnwtwg
Monday grammar be harder than a mf
  • Haha 2

i am an idiot on the internet

4 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

Kevin Jackson is probably available for one more run as HC. The team might have trouble making weight in a timely manner though...

New two hr or better weighins might work for KJ.  🙂

• Haha 1

Just now, pokemonster said:

Any idea why everyone is turning this job down? 

Unfortunately there is a drawback in being a football powerhouse. Yes there are lots of donors but those people want to direct their funds to football. OU has had a few big whales for wrestling but when only a few they get too much say. Think of John Dupont. Horrible reference but you get picture. Spates was very successful but people wanted to beat OSU at nationals. He was chased out and Mark Cody didn't get the recruits and didn't sniff success Jack had. Then comes in Lou with a cupboard that was BARE and he finally got some kids in room yet went 3 years without an All American. 

Our room is good right now. Problem is organization in the program is non existant. OSU has been top dog in state for decades but Lou unfortunately soured a lot of the state against OU. Fan support has been poor and RTC support has been worse. 

Good news...If OU is able to get a leader that can organize the program with an Executive Director for RTC, great assistants, shake hands with donors, and galvanize fan base then OU can be back to getting trophies in as little as 3 years. 

3 minutes ago, SoonerKing said:

Unfortunately there is a drawback in being a football powerhouse. Yes there are lots of donors but those people want to direct their funds to football. OU has had a few big whales for wrestling but when only a few they get too much say. Think of John Dupont. Horrible reference but you get picture. Spates was very successful but people wanted to beat OSU at nationals. He was chased out and Mark Cody didn't get the recruits and didn't sniff success Jack had. Then comes in Lou with a cupboard that was BARE and he finally got some kids in room yet went 3 years without an All American. 

Our room is good right now. Problem is organization in the program is non existant. OSU has been top dog in state for decades but Lou unfortunately soured a lot of the state against OU. Fan support has been poor and RTC support has been worse. 

Good news...If OU is able to get a leader that can organize the program with an Executive Director for RTC, great assistants, shake hands with donors, and galvanize fan base then OU can be back to getting trophies in as little as 3 years. 

But is it true OU is moving from Norman to Idabel to be closer to that whole SEC thing?  

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

Gotta wonder, maybe the AD can't guarantee what conference they'll be in, perhaps no assurance committed to the program long term, short contract not agreeing to support & budget request?

This seems like a tipping point, if you can't land a big fish & turn it around quickly might they drop it going into SEC and no conference alignment?  Someone needs to archive SoonerKing posts, we may be talking museum material here.

Edited by ionel
  • Fire 1

37 minutes ago, ionel said:

Gotta wonder, maybe the AD can't guarantee what conference they'll be in, perhaps no assurance committed to the program long term, short contract not agreeing to support & budget request?

This seems like a tipping point, if you can't land a big fish & turn it around quickly might they drop it going into SEC and no conference alignment?  Someone needs to archive SoonerKing posts, we may be talking museum material here.

Ionel you just brought a tear to my eye.