Jump to content

Where will AJ and Anthony Ferrari end up?


Recommended Posts

48 minutes ago, Indiana-Hawk-Wrestling-Fan said:

Nah, not at all; but I remember when Chittum committed he said his plan was to go 149. Don’t know if that still stands or if he grew some more; but that is what he said on a couple of interviews when he first committed 

Agreed, wouldn't be shocked to see Ferrari surpass Siebrecht at 157 if Chittum gets down to 149. If not, maybe should redshirt. People are emphasizing that Chittum went up a weightclass in a recent tournament, but maybe he just doesn't want to cut weight or go on a strict diet for 7 months? I think its tbd but some people are aggressively claiming he goes 157 next year 

  • Fire 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, BlacknGold said:

Agreed, wouldn't be shocked to see Ferrari surpass Siebrecht at 157 if Chittum gets down to 149. If not, maybe should redshirt. People are emphasizing that Chittum went up a weightclass in a recent tournament, but maybe he just doesn't want to cut weight or go on a strict diet for 7 months? I think its tbd but some people are aggressively claiming he goes 157 next year 

Yeah, Sorensen wrestled 70kg exclusively in college and after, and he was 149 for 4-1/2 years. Wrestled the first part of his RS Season up at 157 and dropped to 149 by Midlands. Wouldn't be surprised to see a similar path for Chittum(70kg & 149, not starting at 157 and dropping). 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, VakAttack said:

The deferment often acts as a kind of probation in essence, since the main thing about probation is you have to do stuff to improve you and/or repay your debt.  It mainly eliminates the more standardized supervision, thus alleviating strain on the system of having to watch over people.  It typically is used for people with limited or not criminal history.

From what is on here it sounds like an "Alford plea". That can happen when a defendant does not plead Guilty but possible that they would be found guilty in a trial. This avoids trial. Usually a period of time(like the 18 months here) and conditions are attached. After that time (& usually 2-4 months - in case new offenses show up) the record is expunged and it is as if nothing ever happened.

Not a loved way of solving things. I reduces the load on the courts and the system. Allows the offender to go free and if they stay out of trouble(don't get caught) at the end they are clear.

 

” Never attribute to inspiration that which can be adequately explained by delusion”.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, BlacknGold said:

Agreed, wouldn't be shocked to see Ferrari surpass Siebrecht at 157 if Chittum gets down to 149. If not, maybe should redshirt. People are emphasizing that Chittum went up a weightclass in a recent tournament, but maybe he just doesn't want to cut weight or go on a strict diet for 7 months? I think its tbd but some people are aggressively claiming he goes 157 next year 

Agreed. Also, Lugo wrestles 65kg for the HWC so this allows them to represent two different weight classes. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, AgaveMaria said:

From what is on here it sounds like an "Alford plea". That can happen when a defendant does not plead Guilty but possible that they would be found guilty in a trial. This avoids trial. Usually a period of time(like the 18 months here) and conditions are attached. After that time (& usually 2-4 months - in case new offenses show up) the record is expunged and it is as if nothing ever happened.

Not a loved way of solving things. I reduces the load on the courts and the system. Allows the offender to go free and if they stay out of trouble(don't get caught) at the end they are clear.

 

Not exactly.  An Alford plea is a guilty plea where you maintain your innocence, but basically say that you think it's in your best interests to plea.  Here Ferrari pled no contest, meaning he is neither contesting nor denying the charges, but it is allowed by courts to be treated as if it's a guilty plea.  Many times it's a distinction without a difference, but they are different things.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nah, not at all; but I remember when Chittum committed he said his plan was to go 149. Don’t know if that still stands or if he grew some more; but that is what he said on a couple of interviews when he first committed 


A guy who wants to go 149 for an entire season but can’t make 147.7 for a weekend?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Le duke said:

 


A guy who wants to go 149 for an entire season but can’t make 147.7 for a weekend?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

It's possible because we're in offseason and people tend to be a little heavier during this time. Many wrestlers get their weight down before season instead of trying to maintain a specific weight year round

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's possible because we're in offseason and people tend to be a little heavier during this time. Many wrestlers get their weight down before season instead of trying to maintain a specific weight year round


January and February is the “off season”?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Le duke said:


February is the “off season”?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For a guy training with the HWC and not wrestling Folkstyle in sort of a Greyshirt scenario. Maybe he was just focused on wrestling, getting better and not cutting a bunch of weight? Not sure why you're so adamant he has to be 157. He very well could be, but a lot of people close to the program don't know definitively one way or the other. 

  • Fire 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Le duke said:

 


A guy who wants to go 149 for an entire season but can’t make 147.7 for a weekend?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

Guys not cutting weight during redshirt or greyshirt seasons is not uncommon.  I also, personally, think he's a 157, but it's not out of the realm of possibility.

  • Fire 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Le duke said:

 


A guy who wants to go 149 for an entire season but can’t make 147.7 for a weekend?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

When and where was this? 
 

When he committed he said he will be going 149. Maybe he has grown a bit?  Maybe he didn’t take his diet as serious? Idk, lol I guess we will just see when the time comes 🤷‍♂️

Link to comment
Share on other sites

When and where was this? 
 
When he committed he said he will be going 149. Maybe he has grown a bit?  Maybe he didn’t take his diet as serious? Idk, lol I guess we will just see when the time comes


Henri Deglane and the Egyptian Ranking Series events.

All weights were +2kg. 65kg was 67kg, 70 was 72, etc.

https://www.flowrestling.org/articles/10385985-team-usas-results-at-the-2023-henri-deglane


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, VakAttack said:

Not exactly.  An Alford plea is a guilty plea where you maintain your innocence, but basically say that you think it's in your best interests to plea.  Here Ferrari pled no contest, meaning he is neither contesting nor denying the charges, but it is allowed by courts to be treated as if it's a guilty plea.  Many times it's a distinction without a difference, but they are different things.

Am assuming with a no contest plea the evidence will not be released?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, ionel said:

Am assuming with a no contest plea the evidence will not be released?

Most case files are kept for a period of time.  The evidence isn't REALLY at issue any longer since he's entered a plea, although a judge could consider the evidence in the case file for either mitigating or aggravating factors.  Truthfully, given how busy most courts are, they pretty much just use police reports in practice.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Laxhawk174 said:

Yes sir, sounds like the whole clan is there. Anthony posted a pic on his story of him in the wrestling room with Cassioppi and his 2 younger brothers Rocco and Bruno. 

Anthony, Angelo &  AJ Ferrari in the same room with Tony, Rocco & Bruno Cassioppi ... what could go wrong.  🙄

  • Fire 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...