Jump to content

2023 Transfer Portal


Recommended Posts

31 minutes ago, scourge165 said:

I can't find it, but what was it about and or do you have a link?

A caller talked about it on the show. After the caller they talked about Spencer's loss then went into his mom's reaction. It then turned to the fact that everyone has "lost it" over much less. Each one of the Danettes shared when they totally lost it over something.... wall paper that wouldn't go on right... a messed up food order...etc. It was pretty funny. They talked about how it was more about her kid than his loss and they could understand her reaction, because hey had lost it over way more dumb stuff. Probably a better take in some regards than the wrestling community. It was in the last hour on the show. I was listening to it live as I drove. 

Edited by Idaho
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

Ventresca getting the starting job, continually beating him in competitions, and earning an AA - does it seal the fate of Cooper Flynn at Virginia Tech?  I can think of plenty of teams for whom he would be an upgrade at 125

I would be shocked if Flynn went into the portal but I don’t see him beating out Ventresca, even though their matches are always extremely close. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Idaho said:

A caller talked about it on the show. After the caller they talked about Spencer's loss then went into his mom's reaction. It then turned to the fact that everyone has "lost it" over much less. Each one of the Danettes shared when they totally lost it over something.... wall paper that wouldn't go on right... a messed up food order...etc. It was pretty funny. They talked about how it was more about her kid than his loss and they could understand her reaction, because hey had lost it over way more dumb stuff. Probably a better take in some regards than the wrestling community. It was in the last hour on the show. I was listening to it live as I drove. 

LOL...that tracks. I remember camping with my Cousins when I was a kid...and my Uncle was trying to put this fan together. I don't know what made it difficult...it was a fan. But this was also when I was like...5 or 6(so nearly 30 years ago now). 

He just took a wrench maybe...and just started beating the hell out of that fan...pieces flying and I just remember him saying, "why me," all prompted by his wife nagging the hell out of him complaining about how hot it was. We still tell that story.

 

So yeah, Spencer's mom losing her shit and breaking her glasses...I can understand that. It may turn into a Meme, but I get it. It was usually just as bad for my family when I lost as it was for me in retrospect...and I'm sure that's the case for everyone. Now Spencer's Mom was an elite athlete herself and hyper competitive, so can't throw any shade her way for that!

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, ionel said:

My question was referring to the college/academics.  Are you saying he only went for wrestling, no interest in academics?

No, I was saying he wrestled folk/college because it's what you do as an American - it's where the competition, attention and support system is. He chose Cornell to do it for whatever reasons anyone chooses anywhere.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, SunDevil said:

Larkin will be coming in as a freshman, not coming back. Ruiz is probably the 165 answer in another year. Fagan is capable of keeping you in a dual, possibly. But he isnt the answer at 197. 

For some reason I thought Larkin was already there. Also Addison looked good in the dual. Hopefully he sticks around. I guess ASU didn't win/lose the Ferrari sweepstakes as was rumored last year so unless they find another hidden gem like Norfleet it looks like it'll be Fagan. The lower weights up to 57 are stacked. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

For potentially ripe portal entries, look at AA's that are underclassmen at less competitive schools and your upcoming grad students.  The rest are guesses.

125 - 4th - Anthony Noto, Lock Haven, RS Soph

165 - 8th - Izzak Olejnik, Northern Illinois, RS SR with a COVID bonus Year

184 - 7th - Will Feldkamp, Clarion, RS SR with a COVID bonus Year

285 - 5th - Lucas Davison, Northwestern, RS SR with COVID bonus year

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, RYou said:

For potentially ripe portal entries, look at AA's that are underclassmen at less competitive schools and your upcoming grad students.  The rest are guesses.

125 - 4th - Anthony Noto, Lock Haven, RS Soph

165 - 8th - Izzak Olejnik, Northern Illinois, RS SR with a COVID bonus Year

184 - 7th - Will Feldkamp, Clarion, RS SR with a COVID bonus Year

285 - 5th - Lucas Davison, Northwestern, RS SR with COVID bonus year

Feldkamp is done , in his post 7th place match interview he talked about how grateful he is to end his career with a win and medal , and I don’t see Noto leaving he transferred from nc state to lock haven originally , I don’t see him transferring again 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Indiana-Hawk-Wrestling-Fan said:

What’s with the rumor that Bouzakis will enter the portal? I just don’t see this to be true because of the relationship him and Tom Ryan show; but idk, I may be wrong ? 

The thought is that him and Mendez are both possibly career 133 pounders. Mendez did not look big at 133 this year and when Bouzakis wrestled up at 141 he got horsed around. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I hope many of the guys discussed like an Anthony Noto stay at their respective schools, it means a lot for a mid major to have an AA and helps them in the recruiting process to try and build a team. Once these kids get poached once they AA it seems like the rich get richer. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Supreme Technique said:

Any chance O'Toole goes to 174 to try to stop Starocci from becoming a 4x NCAA champion?

Seems like a silly task IMO, but Askren has said he thinks he will go 174 at some point. 

Well...he's 3 years in, so some point is coming pretty quickly. 

I do not see him beating Starocci. He's just too fundamentally sound and he's a big '74, but it'd certainly be an interesting match. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, RYou said:

For potentially ripe portal entries, look at AA's that are underclassmen at less competitive schools and your upcoming grad students.  The rest are guesses.

125 - 4th - Anthony Noto, Lock Haven, RS Soph

165 - 8th - Izzak Olejnik, Northern Illinois, RS SR with a COVID bonus Year

184 - 7th - Will Feldkamp, Clarion, RS SR with a COVID bonus Year

285 - 5th - Lucas Davison, Northwestern, RS SR with COVID bonus year

Lucas will finish a graduate degree this year. Not sure what he plans on after that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JVStateChamp said:

I hope many of the guys discussed like an Anthony Noto stay at their respective schools, it means a lot for a mid major to have an AA and helps them in the recruiting process to try and build a team. Once these kids get poached once they AA it seems like the rich get richer. 

Each one of these guys running jumping into their coaches arms after winning blood round.  It was the best part of the tournament for me.  Mid majors winning blood round and everyone going nuts

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, flyingcement said:

Each one of these guys running jumping into their coaches arms after winning blood round.  It was the best part of the tournament for me.  Mid majors winning blood round and everyone going nuts

I remember specifically being at the national tournament in Cleveland when Kyle Conel pinned Kollin Moore and the crowd went wild including the Penn State fans because of team race implications. Very cool being able to see mid majors achieve at the big stage and the coaches get to share the glory for all the hard work that goes into it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Indiana-Hawk-Wrestling-Fan said:

What’s with the rumor that Bouzakis will enter the portal? I just don’t see this to be true because of the relationship him and Tom Ryan show; but idk, I may be wrong ? 

He just posted that he is a Buckeye not going anywhere. 

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



  • Latest Rankings

  • College Commitments

    Israel Ibarra

    Santa Cruz Valley Union, Arizona
    Class of 2025
    Committed to North Carolina
    Projected Weight: 184

    Bronson Baxter

    Dumas, Texas
    Class of 2024
    Committed to Little Rock
    Projected Weight: 157

    Mason Blue

    Laney, North Carolina
    Class of 2024
    Committed to Gardner-Webb
    Projected Weight: 197, 285

    Tristan Cotto

    Laney, North Carolina
    Class of 2024
    Committed to Gardner-Webb
    Projected Weight: 149, 157

    Jesus Gonzalez

    Reedsburg, Wisconsin
    Class of 2024
    Committed to Minnesota State Mankato
    Projected Weight: 285
×
×
  • Create New...