Jump to content

2023 Transfer Portal


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, stealyphil223 said:

Get that AA status and the phone starts ringing, the deals start coming in and money talks. 

Sometimes. Depends on if the school has the graduate program they want.  Some guys do follow the money but there are still some who have to transfer because their school does not offer the masters program. 

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, stealyphil223 said:

Get that AA status and the phone starts ringing, the deals start coming in and money talks. 

Technically, a coach making the first call would constitute tampering and not sit well with the NCAA godfathers.  The lid needs to enter the portal first.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, RYou said:

Technically, a coach making the first call would constitute tampering and not sit well with the NCAA godfathers.  The lid needs to enter the portal first.

This is true that coaches making calls before they land in the portal is a violation…. However I’m not convinced it doesn’t sit well with the ncaa.  Remember last off season? 

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Idaho said:

This is true that coaches making calls before they land in the portal is a violation…. However I’m not convinced it doesn’t sit well with the ncaa.  Remember last off season? 

Parents checking on other AA's health is not a violation. It is a considerate courtesy call.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, SunDevil said:

I don’t think Negron used a red shirt year. I think he has exhausted eligibility. 

Sorry but I think that's incorrect.   In 2019  the only wrestling Negron did was at the Hokie Open, the Wolfpack Open, the Reno T.O.C. and the Appalachian Open.  And he was wrestling for the Wolfpack Wrestling Club at that time.

He did the same in 2020 - wrestling in only Open tournaments and as a member of the Wolfpack Wrestling Club so I suppose either of those two years could be considered a RS year for him. 

Plus he didn't wrestle at all during the 2021 season.

He didn't start wrestling in dual matches until 2022 with Penn State.  So he does have at least one more year of eligibility remaining possibly two (if he missed the 2021 season due to injury).  Also since he wrestled for three seasons (2019-2020-2021) as a member of the Wolfpack Wrestling Club I'm not even sure if that counts against his NCAA "clock".

But IF Arizona State were to get Olejnik from the TP and Negron stayed at ASU the WrestleStat wrestler comparison tool shows Olejnik beating Negron by MD (13-2) - for whatever that is worth.

Edited by NearFall
Addition
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, NearFall said:

Sorry but I think that's incorrect.   In 2019  the only wrestling Negron did was at the Hokie Open, the Wolfpack Open, the Reno T.O.C. and the Appalachian Open.  And he was wrestling for the Wolfpack Wrestling Club at that time.

He did the same in 2020 - wrestling in only Open tournaments and as a member of the Wolfpack Wrestling Club so I suppose either of those two years could be considered a RS year for him. 

Plus he didn't wrestle at all during the 2021 season.

He didn't start wrestling in dual matches until 2022 with Penn State.  So he does have at least one more year of eligibility remaining possibly two (if he missed the 2021 season due to injury).  Also since he wrestled for three seasons (2019-2020-2021) as a member of the Wolfpack Wrestling Club I'm not even sure if that counts against his NCAA "clock".

But IF Arizona State were to get Olejnik from the TP and Negron stayed at ASU the WrestleStat wrestler comparison tool shows Olejnik beating Negron by MD (13-2) - for whatever that is worth.

NCAA DI clock starts once you enroll as a full-time student. 

2019- Redshirt
2020- Year 1 used
2021- Free year
2022- Year 2 used
2023- Year 3 used

Based off an educated guess he likely has one more year left, unless as you stated he gets an injury year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, BobDole said:

As a note please be advised @Husker_Du has explicitly stated everyone used their one free transfer this year to this board. If you do transfer to another board we will do everything possible to block the transfer and not sign the paperwork.

good ole BonoBob 

  • Fire 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, NearFall said:

Sorry but I think that's incorrect.   In 2019  the only wrestling Negron did was at the Hokie Open, the Wolfpack Open, the Reno T.O.C. and the Appalachian Open.  And he was wrestling for the Wolfpack Wrestling Club at that time.

He did the same in 2020 - wrestling in only Open tournaments and as a member of the Wolfpack Wrestling Club so I suppose either of those two years could be considered a RS year for him. 

Plus he didn't wrestle at all during the 2021 season.

He didn't start wrestling in dual matches until 2022 with Penn State.  So he does have at least one more year of eligibility remaining possibly two (if he missed the 2021 season due to injury).  Also since he wrestled for three seasons (2019-2020-2021) as a member of the Wolfpack Wrestling Club I'm not even sure if that counts against his NCAA "clock".

But IF Arizona State were to get Olejnik from the TP and Negron stayed at ASU the WrestleStat wrestler comparison tool shows Olejnik beating Negron by MD (13-2) - for whatever that is worth.

https://www.flowrestling.org/articles/7848721-top-targets-still-in-the-transfer-portal
 

I will do the research for you. Wrestle stat also shows he did not use a redshirt. All this could also be as wrong as the info I got last year. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, BobDole said:

NCAA DI clock starts once you enroll as a full-time student. 

2019- Redshirt
2020- Year 1 used
2021- Free year
2022- Year 2 used
2023- Year 3 used

Based off an educated guess he likely has one more year left, unless as you stated he gets an injury year.

 

12 minutes ago, SunDevil said:

https://www.flowrestling.org/articles/7848721-top-targets-still-in-the-transfer-portal
 

I will do the research for you. Wrestle stat also shows he did not use a redshirt. All this could also be as wrong as the info I got last year. 

He could likely use one as a redshirt and one as a medical - if there were any lingering issues in either 2019 or 2020 right?

That means that he could have 'up to' two (2) years left right?

Recruiting over him might not sit well with Uncle Tony.  That guy gives me 'free money' vibes whenever I watch him.

Meaning he seems like a guy who is willing to pay his nephew's way and then some.  Not booster money, but the kind where if he strikes up a convo with one of the other kids and he likes the convo he'll just slip off one of his $40k rolex watches, hand it to him, and say 'Fuhgeddaboudit' while walking away with an awkward eyelid twitch while he makes direct eye contact with the samen 'said' kid.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

 

He could likely use one as a redshirt and one as a medical - if there were any lingering issues in either 2019 or 2020 right?

That means that he could have 'up to' two (2) years left right?

Recruiting over him might not sit well with Uncle Tony.  That guy gives me 'free money' vibes whenever I watch him.

Meaning he seems like a guy who is willing to pay his nephew's way and then some.  Not booster money, but the kind where if he strikes up a convo with one of the other kids and he likes the convo he'll just slip off one of his $40k rolex watches, hand it to him, and say 'Fuhgeddaboudit' while walking away with an awkward eyelid twitch while he makes direct eye contact with the samen 'said' kid.

Uncle Tony is quite the character. 
 

That is far out of my league of knowledge. You can go back 5 years and say I want to use a redshirt? Seems crazy but I have no clue. 

Edited by SunDevil
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, SunDevil said:

Uncle Tony is quite the character. 
 

That is far out of my league of knowledge. You can go back 5 years and say I want to use a redshirt? Seems crazy but I have no clue. 

I am not sure you ever have to state you're using it - if you met the requisites you can apply it aptly.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, 82bordeaux said:

Parents checking on other AA's health is not a violation. It is a considerate courtesy call.

Yep, that's all they were.   Then there were coaches calling out other coaches for direct violations.... in either case the NCAA doesn't seem to care. 

Edited by Idaho

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, nhs67 said:

 

He could likely use one as a redshirt and one as a medical - if there were any lingering issues in either 2019 or 2020 right?

That means that he could have 'up to' two (2) years left right?

 

You are correct if they apply for a medical.

2 hours ago, SunDevil said:

Uncle Tony is quite the character. 
 

That is far out of my league of knowledge. You can go back 5 years and say I want to use a redshirt? Seems crazy but I have no clue. 

 

2 hours ago, nhs67 said:

I am not sure you ever have to state you're using it - if you met the requisites you can apply it aptly.

Redshirts are weird in that they are only applied AFTER the season. Little Robert Dole tells his coach he's redshirtting which really means nothing unless he completes the season without wrestling as an attached wrestler.

Looking at Negron on WrestleStat it would appear he wrestled unattached at those events his first couple years. That would make one of them a redshirt year if he so chooses. As far as logistics on how they apply it or when, that is out of my league.

Without intimate details he will have 0-2 years of eligibility left.

  • Fire 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Idaho said:

Yep, that's all they were.   Then there were coaches calling out other coaches for direct violations.... in either case the NCAA doesn't seem to care. 

Burden of proof... innocent until said proof of burden is established with no reasonable doubt.

US Justice System, mate - yeah?

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Burden of proof... innocent until said proof of burden is established with no reasonable doubt.

US Justice System, mate - yeah?

Bentley and Milner's proof wasn't enough?  By the way we aren't dealing with the US Justice System.... it's the NCAA.... and at this point I am not sure which is worse. You are free to think that the NCAA cares about tampering in wrestling. 

 

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



  • Latest Rankings

  • College Commitments

    Caio Aron

    College Park, Texas
    Class of 2025
    Committed to California Baptist
    Projected Weight: 133, 141

    Jeff Lopez

    Clovis West, California
    Class of 2025
    Committed to Oregon State
    Projected Weight: 141

    Colin Kelly

    Mount Carmel, Illinois
    Class of 2024
    Committed to Illinois
    Projected Weight: 174

    Connor Wetzel

    Shikellamy, Pennsylvania
    Class of 2025
    Committed to Lock Haven
    Projected Weight: 174, 184

    Max Brady

    Mariner, Florida
    Class of 2025
    Committed to Campbell
    Projected Weight: 141
×
×
  • Create New...