2023 Transfer Portal

5 hours ago, JimmyBT said:

I believe his senior year he bumped up to 182 to wrestle some better competition.  He handled Quayn Short in the title match. 

I think you are correct, but for his Junior year.  He dropped back to 170lbs at least for WNO his senior season.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

2 hours ago, nhs67 said:

I think you are correct, but for his Junior year.  He dropped back to 170lbs at least for WNO his senior season.

Pretty sure that was his senior year. His junior year at 182 I believe he pinned Short in the state quarter finals.  I’m old and my memory is fading but I think he stated his jr year at 170 but bumped up to 182 around the middle of the season.  His senior year I think he wrestled at 182, 195 and I might have even had a stint at HWT.  I’m not sure he actually weighed much more than 170 for any of them. 

Pretty sure that was his senior year. His junior year at 182 I believe he pinned Short in the state quarter finals.  I’m old and my memory is fading but I think he stated his jr year at 170 but bumped up to 182 around the middle of the season.  His senior year I think he wrestled at 182, 195 and I might have even had a stint at HWT.  I’m not sure he actually weighed much more than 170 for any of them. 

Yes, his last two years at KM he bounced all over the place, seemingly to always face the best competition. It was pretty cool, bumping up to wrestle Short and Gavin Nelson and others. Anywhere from 170 to HWT. Only one he obviously never wrestled that I can remember was Kerkvliet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 minutes ago, poorwrestler said:

Yes, his last two years at KM he bounced all over the place, seemingly to always face the best competition. It was pretty cool, bumping up to wrestle Short and Gavin Nelson and others. Anywhere from 170 to HWT. Only one he obviously never wrestled that I can remember was Kerkvliet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember watching the finals match against Short. Shorts Uncle Jake, who wrestled for the Gophers was the broadcast announcer for the match (which in itself was a neat story). He kept talking about how powerful Kennedy was when he got his hands on his opponent and that he was AA material at the next level.   I hope it works out for him to be in the line up one way or the other. 

Edited by JimmyBT

8 minutes ago, JimmyBT said:

I remember watching the finals match against Short. Shorts Uncle Jake, who wrestled for the Gophers was the broadcast announcer for the match (which in itself was a neat story). He kept talking about how powerful Kennedy was when he got his hands on his opponent and that he was AA material at the next level.   I hope it works out for him to be in the line up one way or the other. 

That is Chris Short that does the play by play at the state tournament.  He wrestled one year for the Gophers and took 3rd at NCAA's at 190.  Jake Short is Will Short's son and Q's cousin.

17 minutes ago, MNRodent said:

That is Chris Short that does the play by play at the state tournament.  He wrestled one year for the Gophers and took 3rd at NCAA's at 190.  Jake Short is Will Short's son and Q's cousin.

Well I’ll be dipped in shi$.  My memory does suck. Disregard everything I’ve said. 

Edited by JimmyBT

1 minute ago, JimmyBT said:

Well I’ll be dipped in shi$.  My memory does suck. 

Chris was a crazy mofo in the day and is still very interesting on the mic for the state tournament.  D1 third place as a true freshman, but after that just played D3 football.

9 minutes ago, MNRodent said:

Chris was a crazy mofo in the day and is still very interesting on the mic for the state tournament.  D1 third place as a true freshman, but after that just played D3 football.

Which ever Short I was listening to did (IMO) a great job on the mic   Sounds like too many skeletons to move up to the next mic level though huh????

Edited by JimmyBT

2 hours ago, JimmyBT said:

Which ever Short I was listening to did (IMO) a great job on the mic   Sounds like too many skeletons to move up to the next mic level though huh????

Nah, nothing that crazy. Just regular college kid crazy.

Next mic level is definitely an option.

Edited by GreatWhiteNorth

7 hours ago, JimmyBT said:

If he wrestled HWT he would’ve had to weigh at least 195.1 that day (they had a 220 class right?)

Edited by 1032004

3 hours ago, 1032004 said:

If he wrestled HWT he would’ve had to weigh at least 195.1 that day (they had a 220 class right?)

That’s how old I am. I should have said 220 instead of HWT. There was no 220 in my day and for some reason my beleaguered brain considers 220/285 both HWTS.   I also should have said he didn’t look like he weighed much more than 170 for any of them.  I don’t keep up much with high school regulations on what weights you can and can’t wrestle based on what you weighed on a certain day but it looks like in 2020 on Jan 23 he wrestled 195, on Jan 25 he wrestled 3 matches at 182 and 1 match at 195 and on Jan 30 he wrestled a match at 220.  Point being he wrestled up a lot for competition and dual impact and to me would make getting down to 157 in college and remaining an AA candidate unlikely( In my humble lack of Minnesota  high school weigh in regulations opinion of course). 

Edited by JimmyBT

44 minutes ago, JimmyBT said:

That’s how old I am. I should have said 220 instead of HWT. There was no 220 in my day and for some reason my beleaguered brain considers 220/285 both HWTS.   I also should have said he didn’t look like he weighed much more than 170 for any of them.  I don’t keep up much with high school regulations on what weights you can and can’t wrestle based on what you weighed on a certain day but it looks like in 2020 on Jan 23 he wrestled 195, on Jan 25 he wrestled 3 matches at 182 and 1 match at 195 and on Jan 30 he wrestled a match at 220.  Point being he wrestled up a lot for competition and dual impact and to me would make getting down to 157 in college and remaining an AA candidate unlikely( In my humble lack of Minnesota  high school weigh in regulations opinion of course). 

Just a FYI - You are correct in what you have been saying... the beauty is Trackwrestling has all of his matches for Junior and Senior seasons...

He wrestled 170 individually, but 182 and 195 for dual/team purposes his Junior season a few times.

He wrestled 182 individually, but 195 and 220 for dual/team purposes his Senior season a few times.

Furthermore his Frosh and Soph seasons he did the same... 170 Individually and up to 182 for dual/team purposes.

EDIT: Actually here is the breakdown by Grade/Year, Record, Results, Record at each weight...

Frosh Season, 2016-17
39W - 2L, 170AA States Champion
170lbs: 29W - 1L
182lbs: 10W - 1L

Soph Season, 2017-18
23W - 0L, 182AA States Champion
170lbs: 13W - 0L
182lbs: 10W - 0L

Junior Season, 2018-19
42W - 0L, 182AA States Champion
170lbs: 19W - 0L
182lbs: 19W - 0L
195lbs: 4W - 0L

Senior Season, 2019-20
36W - 0L, 182AA States Champion
182lbs: 30W - 0L
195lbs: 5W - 0L
220lbs: 1W - 0L

Edited by nhs67

13 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Just a FYI - You are correct in what you have been saying... the beauty is Trackwrestling has all of his matches for Junior and Senior seasons...

He wrestled 170 individually, but 182 and 195 for dual/team purposes his Junior season a few times.

He wrestled 182 individually, but 195 and 220 for dual/team purposes his Senior season a few times.

Furthermore his Frosh and Soph seasons he did the same... 170 Individually and up to 182 for dual/team purposes.

Even if the highest he wrestled was 220, he still would have had to weigh over 182

25 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

EDIT: Actually here is the breakdown by Grade/Year, Record, Results, Record at each weight...

Frosh Season, 2016-17
39W - 2L, 170AA States Champion
170lbs: 29W - 1L
182lbs: 10W - 1L

Soph Season, 2017-18
23W - 0L, 182AA States Champion
170lbs: 13W - 0L
182lbs: 10W - 0L

Junior Season, 2018-19
42W - 0L, 182AA States Champion
170lbs: 19W - 0L
182lbs: 19W - 0L
195lbs: 4W - 0L

Senior Season, 2019-20
36W - 0L, 182AA States Champion
182lbs: 30W - 0L
195lbs: 5W - 0L
220lbs: 1W - 0L

Interesting that he never wrestled once (those four years) at the weight he wrestled last year in college.   Again, it just seems to me that he’s better off even at 184 than he would be dropping all the way to 157.  Would be interesting to know what happens in the room between him and Caliendo. 

28 minutes ago, JimmyBT said:

Interesting that he never wrestled once (those four years) at the weight he wrestled last year in college.   Again, it just seems to me that he’s better off even at 184 than he would be dropping all the way to 157.  Would be interesting to know what happens in the room between him and Caliendo. 

Pyles saying he thinks Kennedy will be back at 165 to compete for 165

• Fire 1

10 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Pyles saying he thinks Kennedy will be back at 165 to compete for 165

Well on that note, Caliendo weighed less than Franek and Siebrecht at the time of their Alpha's... so perhaps he goes down?

The guy is a fckn Ox.  The only other ~T15 165lber that MIGHT be stronger than him at 165 might be Amine?  That was what my push for Caliendo to 184 was from... I knew he could handle the power.

Edited by nhs67

58 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Even if the highest he wrestled was 220, he still would have had to weigh over 182

Being as it was after January 1st, it would have had to be 184.1 or higher.  Doesn't Minnesota get a two (2) pound allowance after the first?  The match happened January 30th.